Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

Alternatives To Ts?

My squad and I have been using TS for communications but i'm not particularly happy with it. Often the "transmissions" are so garbled as to be next to useless and even though this can from time to time add another dimension to communications i would rather do without this "feature".

I would like to hear if anyone knows of a way to improve performance, ie by using other codecs etc.. or if not, i would very much like to hear of your experiences with Ventrillo or other comms software...

Thanks in advance,

GD

Roger Wilco is an oldie. I havn't used it in a long time though, so I'm not sure how well it works now. I've been using teamspeak for a while, and I havn't had any problems with garbles and such. just make sure everyone has tested their equipment online and made correct adjustments before they use it for a game. oh, and annunciate ;)

Our squad is using RW (Roger Wilco) for a long time now. We are VERY unhappy with it. Since Gamespy or whoever it was took over its gone down hill. We are also in the process of looking for better communications ourselves. if anyone finds anymore comm. programs out there please let us know.

Thanks,

Ruger{2RHh}

ok I just tried "battlecom". That was NOT a succes.

Nxt up is ventrillo... I have heard a lot of good about that one

Battlecom is not nearly as good as TS or Ventrillo....

I vote Teamspeak. I haven't had 1 problem at all...and we have several dialup users on TeamODB that use it with great success. Just make sure all the CODECs are available for them..and you won't have a problem at all

<C>

Fates

Ok as of now are squad has made the switch to Ventrillo. We are very impressed with it so we are keeping it. The chat section is funny....lol. Click on chat and put a check mark in the box called enable TTS.

I just tried to get ventrillo working with a squadmate of mine. He tried to install the server version since i hate hosting things like that - opening ports and all - but he couldn't install it. It kept asking for a path or something.. we will give another try another day

I think we figured it out. WE didn't notice that the ventrilo server hasn't got a GUI :blink:

I use Teamspeak and it is great. Easy to configure and works with every game.