Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

Lomac Trackir Functionality

Hi

For us lucky trackIr and trackIr2 owners, i'm sure that the fixed functionality of trackIr was the one thing we looked most forward to in the patch.

The good news is that it actually works - and in true enhanced mode at that

The bad news is that its not yet perfect.

According to Jim Richardson from Naturalpoints the scaling was somehow messed up which makes the trackIr much faster than it was supposed to be:

Hello:

More feedback here would be helpful. I agree that it is too fast, the scaling has been messed up some how. We will be in contact with them.

CLick here to go to the relevant thread on Naturalpoints forum.

Most ppl have been able to get around this problem by turning the speed way down but some others still have issues. I have been in contact with some that had big troubles using trackIr #1 and the 2.12 beta drivers, but after unistalling those and installing the 3.03 drivers performance seem to be much better.

Note: All drivers from v3.01 ver2 and up should be trackIr1 compatible.

Hopefully they will fix the scaling in the next patch as well as sort out the conflict with using rotators for zoom

No problems whatsoever! Yes, you do need to tweek it though.

I set up a pretty wide dead zone and slowed it down quite a bit,

except for the marginal angles.

Yeah, it is real fast. I seen a thread over on the official forums for a custom setup of 0 0 0 5 8 10 10 10 and this works like a champ for me. Nice and smooth, and the extended deadband helps alot when aiming in the A-10. Like to see em fix it though ;)

Forget to say the x and y axis is linked or bound or whatever it's called.

Edited by Boltz

Whew, I thought it was just me... While it is now functional, the speed issue is a bit of a pain. I recall the demo was much smoother. Hope they get it fixed and thanks for the post, Ghostdog.

Boltz, where do those numbers go in sequence? I opened my lomac tir file and there was a whole bunch more numbers!

Boltz, where do those numbers go in sequence?

It goes into your trackIr software.

I dont' know what the previous software versions are like, but in the version 3 and up:

Go to the "motion" tab and enter the values at the the edit points... Starting from the middle

Thanks GhostDog. I actually found the original thread over at SimHq which goes into more detail, with some others tweaking these settings.

Here's the link to the original thread started by HotdogUK with some good info.

TIR2 Settings

These helped me much.

I was a little or I should say alot leary of the TrackIR 2.

Well I got one today to play LOMAC.

To my surprise that thing really works,No Kiddin

Just one little thing though, How do I increase the Dead Zone?

......Thanks Everyone for talking me into buying one.....

.......Mutt.....

Welcome to BioHAz Mutt!

Goto the motionscreen.

First be sure that the "edit a motion axis axis"'s link symbol is highlighted so you edit both up/down and left/right at the same time.

The "edit point" slider chooses what point to set a certain movement speed for in relation to where you head is. If the slider is to the far left you can edits the center postion. You can now set the speed with the speed slider. Set it to 0 or 1.

Next move your edit slider one tick towards the right and set the the speed there to low also. You will notice that the curve changes as you adjust the points.

You can set as many points as you want to a relatively low speed compared to the rest of the curve thereby creating a "deadzone", or "low response zone" as narrow or wide as you want. By watching the tracking dot in the grid you get an idea of where the edit points is in relation to you head.

Hope this help. If not just get back to me

Cheers,

GhostDog

Thanks Ghost. that should help a bunch.

I need some slack till I get use to this thing.

I move my head with the a/c out of habit and crash

if not high enough. In the A-10 you're not very high at all times.

.....Mutt......

If your TrackIR tracking rate it too fast or overly sensitive to your head movement, then set the “MOTION” tab to these settings and save them. These settings are close to a normal rate of head turn and view change, yet stable when looking at the instruments, but fast enough for snap views and panning out to the sides and above.

TrackIR 3.01

“MOTION” tab screen

MOTION TYPE = TrackIR Enhanced (Absolute)

MOTION PRESET DROP DOWN MENU = Custom

CUSTOM MOTION PROFILE RESPONSE CURVE SETTING

----------------

Speed = 3

Edit Point = 0

Speed = 3

Edit Point = 2

Speed = 3

Edit Point = 5

Speed = 7

Edit Point = 10

Speed = 11

Edit Point = 20

Speed = 11

Edit Point = 30

Speed = 11

Edit Point = 40

Speed = 11

Edit Point = 50

-----------------

SMOOTHING = 120

--

A copy of this TrackIR profile is downloadable here:

www.geocities.com/zinfinityspace/TrackIR.txt

Once down-loaded, change the TrackIR.txt extension to TrackIR.tir then place this file in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Naturalpoint\TrackIR

Then open this file within TrackIR, and you are ready to fly—enjoy.