Sign in to follow this  
GwynO

Problem opening thread: "ThirdWire site will be down tomorrow AM"

I was given a warning screen after opening that page for some reason. Something about content from "pilotspub.org"

post-13988-1246039451_thumb.jpg

I just tried the link and it works fine. I think it maybe your anti virus not liking the link to 3rd Wire site in it. Nothing I can do from our end.

No worries anyway. Strange though as I can open the Thirdwire page without any warnings. Nevermind.

You got that warning advisory from Google. The reason is because one of the images that shows in that thread is hosted on the pilotspub.org site. It's actually in Aaron's signature.

http://www.pilots **edited** pub.org/SpectreStuff/Spectre_USA-9G.jpg

What Google was doing was telling (warning) you that there was a link to a potentially harmful site as determined by Google. Here is the report from Google about the PilotsPub Site.

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/saf...ctre_USA-9G.jpg

It's no big deal as long as you don't go to PilotsPub and download the same stuff that Google says is there. Someone at PilotsPub should take a peek at why this is being reported, but as Dave said there's not much we can do about it except ask Aaron to upload his signature image here and not hot-link it. :wink:

Oh nice one Erik, good to know the reasons behind it :good: It must be a quirky thing as I can go to any page with Aaron's sig included and it doesn't do that! Only that specific thread. Never mind, so long as the site is safe.

Edit: Correction.. I just opened another thread with Aaron's sig and it gave me the warning, it never used to before a couple days ago, but now I know what it is, I just allow it anyway. Nothing's blown up so far :biggrin:

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos

I sent a message to Aaron.

Sorry, bad scene.

My website is under attack from some Chinese hack site, and we're looking into it.

The only safe bet, I counseled, is to nuke them from orbit, but we have a disturbing lack of munitions.

I have corrected the issue for viewers of these fine forums, and beg forgiveness for our current situation from lapping over here.

Some mighty fine gumshoe work by the admins here to sort such a heinous message in such short order. My hat is off to them, and I am sorry for the scare...

Aaron it's not the site potentially but the machine or machines that are probably unpatched or not updated that have security vulnerabilities. If you take a look at your ASN (hosting provider) the issue is more serious than just pilotspub.org. I'd suggest you seriously look into some pretty quick answers or find a new home to host the site. Take a look at this link :: http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/saf...p;site=AS:15244 ::

If I can be of any help let me know.