Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Martlet I/III Fleet Air Arm

Martlet I/III Fleet Air Arm

Grumman Martlet Mk. I/III Pak for SF/SFG/WoV/WoE - WW2 MTO Installs (06 Patch Level)

This is a mod of my mod of the F4F-3 variant, based on Pasko's F4F-4, as used by the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, the Martlet I & III. These these 2 marks were 'acquired' by the FAA from the French and Greek orders, they were never recieved by the countries they were destined for due to "an inconvient lack of a deliver point" (ie: overrun by the enemy). It is the standard, non-folding wing version, with 4 50 caliber machine guns. It IS fully carrier capable, and can be used in user-made missions or campaigns.

This is a brand new skin, using my home-grown templates (as also used on my USN versions), representing a semi-fictional skin for 805 Squadron, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm. I say semi-fictional, as this is designed to either compliment or replace the FAA 805 Buffalo that I did earlier in 2009; for those that can't get the F2A Buffalo, this will suffice. It carries the standard FAA camo scheme of Extra Dark Sea Gray/Slate Gray over Sky, as seen on other Martlets serving in the Middle East/Western Desert in 1940/41. New decals for serial numbers have been created; these ARE accurate serials assinged to Martlet I & IIIs, as taken over by the Royal Navy. Again; in this semi-fictional usege, they fit quite nicely.

This is a complete aircraft mod with all parts needed to unzip, install and fly away. REMEMBER: although designed for the MTO (ie: Battle for Crete, and Defense of Alexandria, etc), this skin IS perfectly usable for FAA Squadrons flying from English bases (ie: Orkneys, Scapa Flow, etc). BTW, the letters ARE for 805 when flying their Buffalos from HMS Eagle, during the Battle for Crete. They were all lost at Malme, Crete (well, there 3 or 4 that were really there...that is).

I have supplied an "alternative" cockpit ini, modified from Geo's F6F-3, for those that may want a more 'closer approximation' of the Wildcat's Real Life ™ pit. The cockpit is NOT supplied from the Hellcat, so you'll need to obtain it yourselves from Geo's site and transfer over the cockpit folder, and from this version, the "US_N-3_Gunsight.tga". Instructions for that are below, in the "To Swap Pits" section. In truth, THIS would be the way to go. It's much closer, and better looking than the original, which isn't a US Navy pit at all!!

= IMPORTANT: This aircraft is designed for use in SF/SFG/WoV/WoE, at the 06 patch level -ONLY-, It has =NOT= been tested it in post 08 patch SF/SFG/WoV/WoE/WoI. It has also NOT been tested in the NextGen, SF2 series. You use it in these enviroments at your own risk. =

=This mod is designed for use with the WW2 Weapons Pak by me, as it contains all the needed weapons . If attempting to use this aircraft with any other weapons pak, you'll need to add ALL the WW2 era bombs, torpedoes, etc. They are NOT included in this package.=

As always, it's reccomended you unzip this to a temp folder somewhere's thats easy to find. This will give you access to the rest of the readme for full, detailed install instructions and the Usual Notes and Other Ramblings...

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Nice one, thanks :good:

this skin IS perfectly usable for FAA Squadrons flying from English bases (ie: Orkneys, Scapa Flow, etc).

Great work Wrench but I'm sure that you mean British bases!

Opps.. right, as those places aren't "strictley" England, but the surrounding regions. Sorry!!!

wrench

kevin stein

It flies nice in SF2 - now to get some Parani WW2 opposition!