Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Getting to the TrackIR interface...

I bought TrackIR 4, and downloaded the software for v 5. I finally took the time to fine-tune it last week. As part of that, I absentmindedly checked the Run-On-Start-Up box. Now I want to tweak my Profile and I can't get to the UI. If I click on the icon, I get a message saying "Another Instance Of TrackIR Is Already Running". I went into my Programs folder hoping to launch another instance from the .exe icon. No go. Any thoughts on how to get in, without uninstalling TrackIR and then re-installing?

Edited by Hauksbee

No idea, Hauk, I think uninstall and reinstall won't take long? Much luck - perhaps some tech pilots know...

Edited by Olham

No idea, Hauk, I think uninstall and reinstall won't take long? Much luck - perhaps some tech pilots know...

It's looking like that's the way to go.

Hauksbee,

It is running in your system tray. If you look in your lower right corner of your screen, you should see a little "peace symbol" looking round brown thing with gold lines on it. That is your TIR5 software. Simply double click it and you're in business.

You actually did the right thing by telling it to start at bootup. Having it minimize to the system tray is the right way to do it too.

It is running in your system tray. If you look in your lower right corner of your screen, you should see a little "peace symbol" looking round brown thing with gold lines on it. That is your TIR5 software. Simply double click it and you're in business.

Left button/double click, or, right button/single click...this is what comes up. But no UI.

Edited by Hauksbee

tirSystemTray.png

You already have an instance of TrackIR running (which you've minimized on the process bar. When you double click the one in the system tray, it is going to error out because of the one you already have minimized.

Bingo! That was it. Thanks, HomeBoy.