Sign in to follow this  
dada1

Does SF2:V suck or is it just me?

The fact that you can only play vietnam style missions, and i haven't seemed to have any success getting new terrain or wtf their called. The instant action is about as bland as tofu and i'd like a campaign that isn't vietnam era but when i try to install one of the user-made ones here it doesn't show up in the game. The redneck pilot voice-over's get VERY annoying.....If there is a possible way to improve the game can someone point me in the direction? thank you....

The fact that you can only play vietnam style missions, and i haven't seemed to have any success getting new terrain or wtf their called. The instant action is about as bland as tofu and i'd like a campaign that isn't vietnam era but when i try to install one of the user-made ones here it doesn't show up in the game. The redneck pilot voice-over's get VERY annoying.....If there is a possible way to improve the game can someone point me in the direction? thank you....

Yeah, read through the knowledge base, and keep in mind a lot of the add-ons and campaigns and aircraft were made for the older version of the game (Wings Over Vietnam). A lot of the best mods haven't been updgraded or re-done for the new version.

You can start by downloading this: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=9253

And look toward the bottom of this thread for a couple minor fixes for that mod: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=42584

It'll add some better effects, trees, clouds, and two campaigns in south vietnam with CAS missions and stuff.

Out of the box SF2 games can be a little bland and adding mods can be a little confusing. You just have to be a little patient and learn the ins and outs of the games. If you stick with it, it can be very rewarding. :good:

Ok, things are looking brighter than i thought :biggrin:

Quick, thing. How do i install the Green Hell and Widesky mod from Column5?

And are there any modifications/add-ons for SFV2 that include like modern-day scenarios or do we have to wait for that?

And are there any modifications/add-ons for SFV2 that include like modern-day scenarios or do we have to wait for that?

As for modern day type stuff, it is available, but be warned the series is geared mainly towards the 60's and 70's, and while there are workarounds for some things, you aren't going to get a very complete modern digital age scenario (if that is what you are looking for). The stuff is still top notch and the engine is stretched to it's limits by some crafty modders to get them to work almost like they are supposed to and be very fun.

And of course SF2V is only a Vietnam Era sim, I mean look at the title of it :biggrin: . From my point of view, if you want one of the series to add a bunch of 3rd party mods to, to fly in other theaters, get SF2 or SF2E. To me Vietnam is an animal of its own, I like to keep my Vietnam installs "Vietnam Pure" if you will.

Edited by Jeremiah Weed

To me Vietnam is an animal of its own, I like to keep my Vietnam installs "Vietnam Pure" if you will.

As it should be. On so many levels. :good:

So if i was looking for a more modern age like you said, i should get SF2E?

Yes, and with SF2V already installed, SF2E merges so you get both the vietnam and europe stuff.

You'll want Green Hell 2 for SF2V, 4 Seasons mod for SF2E, and WideSky for for both. They are both in the downloads section here at CA.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...amp;showcat=164

And FWIW, I don't think either one is by C5. (not that you haven't done plenty of other great stuff, C5 :wink: )