Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Back in the OFF saddle again

Good Evening Everyone,

After about a month away from flying OFF it felt VERY good to be back in my trusty Camel. Work and family have not allowed me much free time the last four weeks, and what little I had I gave to trying my hand at learning the IL2 sim, (in preparation for the "Canvas Knights" release scheduled this fall). I will say that the graphics are quite nice and the animated water is amazing, but I just can't get all that excited about the WW2 aircraft, (although the PBN is rather fun to fly around the Pacific Islands). That being said, BHaH is still the cat's meow in the WW1 combat flight sim genre. And from the looks of all the glitches in RoF I have a hunch it will stay that way for a while.

Alrighty then, I'm off to battle a few more DR1's before bed. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

Hey, Lou, welcome back at the front! From a two-weeks-holiday, I know how you must have suffered.

IL2 1946 has some campaigns on, which can be flown with a friend, via direct LAN connection.

So you and your friend can be in the same Squadron/Geschwader and help each other out.

Did that with my neighbour, and THAT was big fun!

Stay aloft!

Olham

Wondered where you had gone mate!...welcome back to the Ops Room!... Grab your gear, and get airborne!...Those Huns won't shoot themselves down!

No no no, Lou - as long as I haven't really flown all the crates and squads in BHaH,

I don't need another WW1 air combat sim. Maybe some people here are just curious.

But to me it would mean less time for BHaH - and I have duties to fly.

Edited by Olham

Hmm, looks like everybody is waiting for the Canvas knights or going for RoF!!!!

I'm not waiting for anything. I'm very happy to have gotten OFF.

Welcome back Lou, I see your not waiting either. Dealing with real life must come first though. What some guys may not understand is the summer is here in Minnesota. That means we have about a month to do all kinds of yard and house work before it gets too cold again. Took 2 weeks OFF myself recently.

Edited by Rickitycrate

Oh don't misunderstand folks, I am not looking for a different WW1 sim to fly here. I am only getting ready for what is hoped to be the new locale for the large online Great War campaigns to take place. If the CFS3 game engine could have reasonably supported servers of 100+ flyers at one time I am quite sure OFF would have become "the new locale".

And Rickitycrate...spot on Sir! :biggrin: I have been trying to get all my outside projects done in the four weeks we Minnesotans lovingly refer to as summer.

Cheers!

Lou

Hmm, looks like everybody is waiting for the Canvas knights or going for RoF!!!!

I'm not waiting for Canvas Knights and I have already bought, tried and shelved RoF. RoF has, for me at least, turned out to be where I paid Neoqb $39.95 +S&H for the chance to beta test their 2 airplane version of WWI. Beautiful graphics, physics and amazing performance to be sure, but no depth and a bunch of bugs or features that they just never bothered to finish programing. For instance the Options button inside the game doesn't work. You have to exit the game in order to change any options. Other options that you select, such as "Engines warmed up at start of mission" don't work at all. Only 1 server is up for MP games. Etc, etc. The list is a bit disconcerting. I certainly wish Neoqb all the best in getting their product to be fully playable, especially since I've already paid for it, but after 2 days of fiddling with it I'm back to enjoying Over Flanders Fields and appreciating what a highly polished and immersive product it is. I hope Canvas Knights does well, but their Dev team readily admits that it is not supposed to be a Total Conversion like OFF BHaH is so I personally have no reason to wait for it. The screen shots look nice though.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade