Sign in to follow this  
SGCSG1

Can we shut up Ringo?

Is there an easy way to kill the sound on that guy that sounds like Ringo who yells 'Contact!' while the mission is loading?

It was cool the first hundred times, but it's getting really old.

And I always wonder how they got one of two remaining ex-Beatles to do wav's for a WW1 sim.

When you can't tell the difference between a Lancashire accent and a Liverpudlian one you are in trouble especially if travelling up north in England.

And I am definitely, definitely not from Liverpool ;)

Have a look in the \OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\ShellMusic

Replace startup.wav with another of your choice

Oh, that was Ringo? Always thought it was Pol - well, anyway, I like Ringo and his work as a drummer.

Nice he found the time to do this wav for OFF - it definitely wasn't for the money. :biggrin:

Edited by Olham

When you can't tell the difference between a Lancashire accent and a Liverpudlian one you are in trouble especially if travelling up north in England.

Have a look in the \OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\ShellMusic

The closest I've ever been to Lancashire or Liverpool is Chicago. :)

Thanks for the tip, I thought it might be something easy!

Edited by SGCSG1

Pol is Ringo, Ringo is Pol and Paul is not dead. I too thought it sounded like Ringo, a man I love. You're the man Rings!

You name it . . . . somebody but somebody, will always find fault with it

Your post is a perfect example of what your post seems to be saying. How ironic.

Pol is Ringo, Ringo is Pol and Paul is not dead. I too thought it sounded like Ringo, a man I love. You're the man Rings!

I'm going to replace it with a wav of Ringo singing 'you're 16, you'r beautiful, and you're mine'.

By the way - does anyone know if it's Ringo singing "Good night" on the "White Album"?

I'd bet he is, but a friend of mine said, no, can't be, as he was only allowed to sing one song

per record. But it's a double-album, so ... Anyone?

It is definitely Ringo singing Goodnight. There was not a "rule" per say.

I'm going to replace it with a wav of Ringo singing 'you're 16, you'r beautiful, and you're mine'.

Maybe Backoff Boogaloo or ya know it don't come easy would work?

Thanks, m8 - another bet is won, I'd say!

...Pol is Ringo, Ringo is Pol and Paul is not dead.

Then...does this mean that Pol is the Walrus?

I just turned the volume on this one down a tad....for some reason in my system it's a lot louder than the other wav's.

Thanks again for your help, it's fun to customize stuff!

Then...does this mean that Pol is the Walrus?

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

I am the eggman, WE are the eggmen, HE is the Walrus,

Goo goo gajoob ga goo goo ga joob

I've never been that far north there - only crossed that zebra crosswalk in the Abbey road.

Studio's looking rather small from the outside - you wouldn't believe, that the Beatles, Pink Floyd,

Procol Harum and who knows who else recorded just there...

Edited by Olham

av-7478.png :unsure:p11319kbfk7.jpg

Hmmm some definate similarities there

Come to think of it, I've never seen Pol and Ringo in a room at the same time! :whistling:

Edited by Duce Lewis

Lancashire huh? What did they do with the 4000 holes after they counted them all?

Lancashire huh? What did they do with the 4000 holes after they counted them all?

Dug a hole and buried them.

I am intrigued by the photograph that appears immediately after Ringo ...I mean Pol... says "Contact...Clear" (or is it before?). Three RAF chappies strolling down between the huts on their way to the 'drome. Two of them are looking quite happy, laughing even (though it COULD be "nervous laughter"), but the chap in the centre with the fag hanging out the corner of his mouth looks quite grim indeed. (Perhaps its the old wives tale about taking pics before a sortie being bad luck).

Is he strangling a kitten? Sure looks like it to me! :rofl:

I guess you have to get yourself in the right frame of mind somehow. :wink:

BTW Olham... I don't know if it's still there, but there was a vid on YouTube where someone set up a time-lapse camera overlooking the famous pedestrian crossing on Abbey Road, and you should see how many people disrupt traffic by wandering onto it, attempting to adopt the same poses as the Fab Four, get their mate to take a pic, and then leave. Seriously...groups of people are LINED UP and more join the queue. It's hilarious sped up like that. The poor local residents who have to put up with the delays every day must be livid.

Lancashire? Liverpool? That's a London accent if ever I heard one. I used to speak like that as I grew up in Sarfend - it's a great place to leave....

But I am glad to hear I can get rid of it.

I am intrigued by the photograph that appears immediately after Ringo ...I mean Pol... says "Contact...Clear" (or is it before?). Three RAF chappies strolling down between the huts on their way to the 'drome. Two of them are looking quite happy, laughing even (though it COULD be "nervous laughter"), but the chap in the centre with the fag hanging out the corner of his mouth looks quite grim indeed. (Perhaps its the old wives tale about taking pics before a sortie being bad luck).

Is he strangling a kitten? Sure looks like it to me! :rofl:

I guess you have to get yourself in the right frame of mind somehow. :wink:

BTW Olham... I don't know if it's still there, but there was a vid on YouTube where someone set up a time-lapse camera overlooking the famous pedestrian crossing on Abbey Road, and you should see how many people disrupt traffic by wandering onto it, attempting to adopt the same poses as the Fab Four, get their mate to take a pic, and then leave. Seriously...groups of people are LINED UP and more join the queue. It's hilarious sped up like that. The poor local residents who have to put up with the delays every day must be livid.

I too have pondered that photo many times.... I find it very slightly disturbing, thinking what might await those poor buggers!...it's certainly evocative!...I also love the one with the SE5a's lined up, and the Alsatian (and goat/assorted other animals) in the picture.

As for Abbey Road... I have an amusing tale about that.

My brother-in-Law was a Student living quite close to that Ped-crossing.... and one day, he was stopped in the street by some Japanese Tourists, who were looking for it.

He told them it was the crossing just behind them (a totally non associated one)....and they said it "Didn't look like the one on the Album cover"...he pursuaded them that it had "Changed since the 1960's"....Took a photo of four of them doing the Beatles walk across it...with Angry motorists tooting and yelling...charged them £20...and buggered off!

He's a Lawyer now! (which doesn't surprise anyone!) :yes:

When I was there in 1986, it was peaceful and quiet - no tourists at all.

Great story, Widowmaker.

Hah, I wonder if those tourists ever found out they weren't exactly at the right place! :biggrin:

About the pic: I think it's actually a still from a film that shows the action at an aerodrome just before take off. I've seen the film in OFF and instantly recognized the three guys walking toward the camera. But I saw it only once and since then I've turned the movies off.