Sign in to follow this  
OlPaint01

Aces, Aerodromes, and Aircraft

Hello All

I have completed the first installment of a complete survey of the Pilots Dossiers section of OFF:BHaH. This first spreadsheet of Aces, Aerodromes, and Aircraft covers all the British Fighter Squadrons.

The Excel formatted Workbook has three Worksheets:

Worksheet1 has all the British Aces sorted by their squadron assignments in date-order, showing their aircraft flown and their airfield postings.

Worksheet2 has all the aerodromes where each of the British squadrons were stationed in date-order.

Worksheet3 has all the aircraft introduced in date-order when they became available to fly. Please note that the aircraft unavailable for campaigning in the simulation are highlighted in RED so you can now clearly see which squadrons can or cannot support uninterrupted careers.

I want to acknowledge the contributions of Rabu, and Chrispdm1 who encouraged me to pursue this project. And, of course, I give a huge thank you to Shredward whose Squadron/Escadrille/Jasta historical database is the core of Winder and the Devs effort to give us a historically accurate campaign engine of the events in the War to End All Wars.

The Aces, Aerodromes, and Aircraft spreadsheet can be viewed using the M$ Excel 2003 Viewer, available on Micro$oft's download site at http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Hello All

I have completed the second installment of the complete survey of the Pilots Dossiers section of OFF:BHaH. This second spreadsheet of Aces, Aerodromes, and Aircraft covers all the French Fighter Escadrilles.

The speadsheet is in Excel Workbook format and contains three Worksheets. As before, if you don't have M$ Office you can open the Workbook file inside M$ Excel 2003 Viewer. The link for downloading the Viewer is shown in the first post of this thread.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Very cool. Thank you.

Great stuff and it's much appreciated. Please continue, this is a valuable resource for all OFF'ers and even us Devs as well. :)

OvS

Indeed OLP. Great info to have. Must useful!

thanks

-mark

The third installment of Aces, Aerodromes and Aircraft survey is completed for the German Fighter Jastas. This one took a little longer to prepare but it is done now. As before the Excel formatted spreadsheet workbook has three worksheets selectable by clicking the tab.

Edited by OlPaint01

Can it be viewed without having Exel? Any other program?

Top of the thread, Olham, unless your system has a problem with the viewer?

IF you have a problem with the Excel Viewer there is Open Office Suite which does exactly as MS Office but is an open source and is the best price going FREE!!!

Here's the Link I have it installed and find it more useful the Office as it opens files that Office has problems with.

http://www.openoffice.org/

Wow, lots of great info! This must have been a lot of work for you. Thanks very much

Hi

You must have put down a lot of time gathering and typing down all this information! :good:

Thanks a lot!

Very useful information!

I can recommend Gnumeric, a free spreadsheet program to open and work with xls files and other file types.

http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/

S!

vonOben

Edited by vonOben