Sign in to follow this  
lleviatan

editor of missions for SF2 and SFV2

Yes, KMD (Kreelin's designer missions) :biggrin:

It's in the downloads section.

I am having a hell of a job actually getting it to do what I want, despite reading the read-me and applying the information. Is there a decent idiot-level tutorial anywhere, do you know? I used to use Le Missionneur in SF1, but as you know, it won't go in SF2.

A work around I've used for add-on terrains is to write the mission with Le Missionneur using SFG, and then exporting it into SF2. I can't do that however for SF2E or SF2V, because the stock terrains are missing.

Yes, KMD (Kreelin's designer missions) :biggrin:

It's in the downloads section.

What is the filepath for kmd.exe, in SF2?? :blink:

I am having a hell of a job actually getting it to do what I want, despite reading the read-me and applying the information. Is there a decent idiot-level tutorial anywhere, do you know? I used to use Le Missionneur in SF1, but as you know, it won't go in SF2.

First of all put kmd.exe in your installation folder. And rename it if you have multiple installations and using kmd in each of them. (Eg: I renamed it kmd_sf2e.exe for my SF2E install and kmd_woe.exe for WOE)

For SF2 games, first time you run KMD, it will extract aircraft ini files that it needs to function. Then you are good to go.

Open KMD, Load terrain map. (MAP2.bmp works good, higher resolution map looks stretched.)

Make a new mission, it will create the msn file.

The small mission/aircraft/object window will appear. (shortcut ctrl+d)

Right clicking on the first aircraft will give you options to add an aircraft or ground object.

then to place it on the map, double click on it. the small window will close taking you back to the map. Now holding down CTRL and clicking on the map will place it on that spot.

After that, add waypoints again while holding down CTRL.

Then you can use the waypoint editor (inside the ctrl-d window) to adjust speed/altitudes..

Make sure to click APPLY after you change stuff. And if you want to take off from a base, click that box and it will choose the closest airbase.. Now there's one more thing to do. Inside waypoint manager the first waypoint "command' must be takeoff. Sometimes KMD forgets to set this, and your planes will blow up , when you start the mission..

give a go with these in mind, and if you have specific questions after that, will try to answer.

KMD does things different than LeMis. It will take time to adjust. but I think it's more powerful in certain aspects.

First of all put kmd.exe in your installation folder................

C:\Users\AGOSTINO\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 ?? :dntknw:

or

C:\Program Files\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2 ?? :dntknw:

:dntknw:

or

:dntknw:

First one is Mod Folder, second one is Installation folder.

But Agostino, you surely must know this by now :blink:

OK, so not the mods folder. My first mistake. Watch this space for the next one... :blush2:

First one is Mod Folder, second one is Installation folder.

But Agostino, you surely must know this by now :blink:

I wanted to be sure to make no mistake!!! :biggrin:

A work around I've used for add-on terrains is to write the mission with Le Missionneur using SFG, and then exporting it into SF2. I can't do that however for SF2E or SF2V, because the stock terrains are missing.

Actually you can (almost) make Lemissionneur2007 working with SF2...

The only thing you have to do is to make KMD works at least once time (see Pureblue litte tuto above). Then configure Le missionneur to use the "mod folder" as the "game folder". That's it.

Edited by kreelin

I've found it works in my mods folder, as long as the terrains cat file is open in there; otherwise it can't find either the terrain or the aircraft list - well, mine can't, anyway. But it does work...

I've found it works in my mods folder, as long as the terrains cat file is open in there; otherwise it can't find either the terrain or the aircraft list - well, mine can't, anyway. But it does work...

Are you sure you got latest version? Mine is trouble free working from the Installation Folder. I have all the terrains copied in the same Mod Folder (it's a merged install) So KMD has access to all terrains.

Question: Why is it that when I open .msn files in KDM the objects are always in the far top right corner? Also, why is aircraft data blank?

Edited by JG7_X_MAN

Ok Im running KMD from my mods folder. I see the terrain map and the aircraft pull down is populated, but the loadout, nation, or camo pull down is blank. Ive applied the latest patch but something wrong.

1-) Get the latest version of KMD. (Thats the one which is SF2 compatible)

2-) Run it from your Installation folder. Not mod folder.

3-) Make sure it asks you for your mod folder, upon first start. Thats where it goes and puts the necessary files extracted from cat packages.

Next trick... It's working great, apart from the fact I have to hand edit the loadouts, which it can't read...

But - I've put NVA SA-2 misslies in the mission, and they don't try to shoot at all. Ground guns work, just not SAMs. Any ideas?

Next trick... It's working great, apart from the fact I have to hand edit the loadouts, which it can't read...

But - I've put NVA SA-2 misslies in the mission, and they don't try to shoot at all. Ground guns work, just not SAMs. Any ideas?

yeah i experienced the same, SA-2's not shooting

but i have a bigger problem, somehow all kmd missions get messed up when i fly them, waypoints get thrown around, altitudes and speed are randomly changed and after playing one kmd mission, the instant action is stuck at the same missions...

this is with the very last SFV2 version, the one including the latest patch

needless to say, i'm no longer using kmd... sad though cuz i really like creating my own missions

yeah i experienced the same, SA-2's not shooting

This is nothing to do with mission building ( with KMD or Lemissioneur). In fact, you cannot use SA-2 in a custom mission because it's the launcher only. SA-2 needs a radar linked system to work and unfortunately you cannot do that in a custom mission.

but i have a bigger problem, somehow all kmd missions get messed up when i fly them, waypoints get thrown around, altitudes and speed are randomly changed

In despite you no longer use KMD, could you detail exactly what you had ? What do you mean by "altitudes and speed are randomly changed" ?

and after playing one kmd mission, the instant action is stuck at the same missions...

Nothing to do with the editor again... The "instant action" always plays the same mission with some randomized enemies a/c :grin:

For which a/c did you get this issue ?

Normally it happens when the .ini files of your a/c are in UNICODE format.

Have no problem with all stocked a/c... (as you can see) :grin:

post-5541-12536323307249_thumb.jpg

Edited by kreelin

In despite you no longer use KMD, could you detail exactly what you had ? What do you mean by "altitudes and speed are randomly changed" ?

well... i create the mission, i play it and all planes are flying at 1000ft or 30.000 ft (or other altitudes) instead of e.g. 6000 ft as specified in the waypoints

and they're flying where they're not supposed to be...

afterwards i check the msn file in kmd to see what's wrong, and in fact i see that all altitudes and speeds have been changed and the waypoints are moved...

so somehow the file gets corrupted as soon as i play the mission... weird

i reinstalled sfv2 3 times now and i keep getting the same errors... i gave up

Question, after you made the mission file with KMD, did you open it up with Notepad and resave it in Unicode?

FC

well... i create the mission, i play it and all planes are flying at 1000ft or 30.000 ft (or other altitudes) instead of e.g. 6000 ft as specified in the waypoints

Well... Did you remember if you were in "Metric" unit or not ? This is because if you were in "Metric" and you set your flight altitude to "6000", it will fly at 20.000 ft in game. Other that I don't see :blink:

By any chance, do you have a backup of your mission ? If yes, could you post it here.

KMD is known as not very friendly :lol: but never heard something about altitude setting issue until now.

Edited by kreelin

Well... Did you remember if you were in "Metric" unit or not ? This is because if you were in "Metric" and you set your flight altitude to "6000", it will fly at 20.000 ft in game. Other that I don't see :blink:

By any chance, do you have a backup of your mission ? If yes, could you post it here.

KMD is known as not very friendly :lol: but never heard something about altitude setting issue until now.

I'll have to check about the metric thing, i'll download kmd again, i no longer have it

but i'm not sure if that explains why waypoints are moved too...

and forgot to add, when i opened the msn file in kmd, the altitudes and speed are changed, so not only in the game itself, but also afterwards in the file...

i no longer have the mission... threw it away, was pissed :cool:

but i can cook up a new mission and test it again...

unicode? no idea what that is... but no, i don't open the msn file in notepad and resaved in unicode

cheers

Edited by slick cowboy