Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Updating Older Planes to SF2 Standards

Don't do Mirage Factory planes. They will do them.

Florians Tornado will be done by GMG....

So don´t touch it! :biggrin:

So I'm still working on the Zipper S family, trying to figure out the correct RWR/ECM. The question is; Now that we got the new radar/sam values, are you guys setting the internal jammers?

(eg, from newly released 2S6)

RadarSearchFreq=7.0
  RadarTrackFreq=14.5
  RadarMissileGuidanceFreq=14.5

(eg, from stock A-4F)

[ALQ100]
  SystemType=ECM_JAMMER
  JammerType=DECEPTIVE_JAMMER
  JammerStrength=35.0
  MinFreq=2.0
  MaxFreq=6.0
  CanJamCW=FALSE

For the F104-S I'm still searching for the correct equipment properties.

Also; I set the RWR as a Vector type, now that the 3_Ring seems to be gone (?)

and the TEWS might be to advanced for its time. (I'm no expert, pls correct if necessary)

Some reference in Fubars KB article : http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=37457

Edited by pureblue

We need some sort of list of what planes are avail. Me doing the F-14A helped me understand how to convert planes to SF2. I won't upload it though since MF is doing theirs.

Falcon

and my F-104G GAF/GN version will by done by the GMG to so dont......:biggrin:

and my F-104G GAF/GN version will by done by the GMG to so dont...... :biggrin:

Cool, any insight on the ECM/RWR ? :biggrin:

WHOOPS! Somehow I accidently deleted SF. Couldn't find the CD and tried to use a restored point in vista... It kinda worked. But it didn't fully restore. I was missing sounds folder and etc. Tonight I'll find the SF cd and patched it up and D/L craft to convert planes to SF2. So which planes are for grabbing?

Falcon

A question. Can I use WOI to help me to convert SF plane to SF2 Standard?

Falcon

No you need SF2.

Uhhh I think you misunderstood me. I have WOI and SF2. I was wondering if I can use WOI files to help me to convert SF planes to the SF2 standard. Since I wasn't thinking when I deleted SF today by mistake.

Yes, since like me the Super Hornet was from SF1/WoX, the tutorial by MigBuster is how to go from there to SF2.

Okie, alot of stuff is looking like much doesn't need to be really changed as far as most of the Russkie stuff. Since the Bereza is handled differently, all that needs to be really done is RWR=TRUE and RadarFamilyName.... I'll muck around with it and see how it works..

Hi everyone... I recently got into ThirdWire's Wings over Israel, after a many year hiatus from simulators... Last week I upgraded to SF2 (all 3 titles, merged install). Anyways, I'd love to give back to this community thats made these games so wonderful, and was wondering what I could do to help... I read the tutorial by migbuster, and I think I can handle it, so my question is, does anyone have anything in particular I can help with?

On another note, I'd like to thank all of you who have already been involved in this process. I hope that with a little time and practice, I can be a benefit to this community as well...

Pretty much that hasn't been touched already, except these:

Mirage Factory Planes (They're doing the conversion themselves)

GMG (They're also doing the conversion themselves AFAIK)

Just be mindful on the previous page by Dave (USAFMTL)'s requirements. Make sure you include the original readme, and if one isn't present, I like to provide the original SF1/WoX link just to keep it legal. It should be noted some don't (except for the previous ones) mind, but if you have to ask, just do it to cover your six.

Is Julhelm's A-5A v3.0 still in need of conversion to SF2? If it's available, I'll take care of it.

Is Julhelm's A-5A v3.0 still in need of conversion to SF2? If it's available, I'll take care of it.

Its need to be done. Do you have the checklist?

This checklist?

S-3B

Monty's C-119 and AC-119's

Dels C-130's and C-123's

F-11F Tiger

F-9J

F-102A

A-5A V 3.0

A-6's

F-86's

I'll take care of the A-5A.

This checklist?

S-3B

Dels C-130's and C-123's

F-11F Tiger

F-9J

F-102A

A-5A V 3.0

A-6's

F-86's

I'm close to finishing my current projects at the moment, so I'll upgrade all my aircraft.

This includes:

F-23A

PC-9A

All C-130's

Both C-123's

Dels

anyone working on the F-16C blk 52? if not i'd like to give it try for my first mod. that said might take me a bit as i learn what i'm doing.

This checklist?

S-3B

Dels C-130's and C-123's

F-11F Tiger

F-9J

F-102A

A-5A V 3.0

A-6's

F-86's

I'll take care of the A-5A.

No this one.

SF2 Checklist

1. Has the RWR been converted to the Vector or TEWS format? Has all the data edits been made to the data.ini and avionics.ini? Has the aircraft been given a RWR list too?

2. Has the decals been placed in their own folder, then placed in a folder called “Decals” and the decal.ini pointing to that folder?

3. Has a userlist been made?

4. Has the aircraft been pointed to a damaged lod? For this one, use only if a plane either resembles it or is it. Like the F-15C would get the F-15 damage lod. But you wouldn’t want F-5’ using a Mig-17 damage lod. If you can’t find anything close to it then do not give it one.

5. Shadows

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=400

7. Be sure a "Copy" of the Glass or Canopy.TGA File is in Each Skin Folder to show along with props.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=44026

This link must be followed to the letter.

The reason for this is that we do not want to have to go back and redo mods because the checklist wasn't followed. So if you have even a slight question in your head, ask it.

Hey Dave, is anyone doing the AMX? If not, I wouldnt mind giving it a whirl. My only question then would be would it have a vector or TEWS RWR? I dont know much about this technical stuff...

EDIT>>>Ive already made decal and weapons folder, (for the tanks), and a userlist.ini. Ive also not found any mention in my research of an AMX with TEWS or even an RWR of any type. Seems a ground attack plane would have one...

Edited by pcpilot

I don't have much data on the AMX - let alone its RWR which is rarely mentioned anyway. .It came in about 1989/90 and was deemed good enough to fly combat sorties in a high threat area during allied force in 1999 - you would think to work with NATO it would require a minimum set of equipment (but hey you never know!!).

Of course im sure someone has more info - if not just use the latest rwr