Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

USS Midway

Some shots of my girls and grandson on the USS Midway Museum last week. If you have not gone you should go. The oldest daughters uncle served onboard during 1980 so for the family there is a deeper connection.

SDTRIP038.jpg

SDTRIP040.jpg

SDTRIP041.jpg

SDTRIP042.jpg

SDTRIP051.jpg

SDTRIP052.jpg

SDTRIP053.jpg

SDTRIP057.jpg

SDTRIP061.jpg

SDTRIP092.jpg

SDTRIP088.jpg

SDTRIP089.jpg

SDTRIP091.jpg

SDTRIP085.jpg

SDTRIP068.jpg

SDTRIP084.jpg

And yes, that is me in the brig, and no you can't date my daughters

and yes, that is me in the brig, and no you can't date my daughters

Mucho Coolio :good: where is it?

So sad xD , but i think don't have any chance :no:

j/k

i've been in the intrepid in january

OgAAAAG6576RqY4FVvenfyGNm3dxbU5EuArdrAnxs-22uEvqM8eJvI6k_XWTsb0M9FRBE7S_soW_ig6Z5byoiJdaO4kAm1T1UNU8sDbP6Ub_u3cqqxTAXdGrTE4r.jpg

OgAAANpSriz-b68YhrcGnH6Z5PuroYRN5KDa0fa7yH-efBL0l7gR5FrZM7rTxac2dfKcvSGbPNw8tJGy2QCXf8wH6McAm1T1ULbcxTmn520GF2JqbNTGzoYgIcgi.jpg

the only true 'Super'

OgAAAF01v0qYNHm10LgkuwVaTp8iv2N5vhgzdHHgGL9tCXg1jaHWhKq2w0aJY9SHesu-uFTSOaqrWIjgPRx8inHh3vwAm1T1UCKBr9EomaCh2Ctsw_pPy0ZMM5Rz.jpg

Senator McCain's Skyhawk

OgAAACnQCoQbk74D-KTU63AFyYi3b9AqoIJmrl5Tg_x3UQgDdf4ISlG5ct9orVrlMpbQUZ83SoEjF5Wrd0_m7k_TfdIAm1T1UAoRmJgzsrX-Das_zNQugK7kyWFZ.jpg

OgAAACMSqDitDfkp2vUt57TzER0NXuFUW-SEFD1opcuei87FIviqJ9RVveaPgOc0ysZTwXtaAS9wQBoDOhz3wc3Ba0YAm1T1UPk0dRutRy-hR8k0M7AR_jXZC9yn.jpg

OgAAACLpPQkniuCRIB0XhWTxScNAn5MM7oMhyLSCr5Zjn5M2S6ocyP6KI5LvuqYWyKMfnSb81HLa6lx5SEQ4PzKFkukAm1T1UOH9ToUuU-Pt5wAKMw9DpvDEfn4F.jpg

Ok :no:

You a little cold there Silverbolt? Coat and a scarf? :biggrin:

I've been to the Intrepid twice with my CAP Squadron. Once in 2006 before the renovation, and this year in April. Main reasons for going were to see G-BOAD and BuNo 157986. I took a nice picture of the F-16 there. (For a cell phone it's a good shot) And, a visitor from the Canadian Navy.

post-26481-1246328901_thumb.jpg

post-26481-1246328971_thumb.jpg

Ok :no:

You a little cold there Silverbolt? Coat and a scarf? :biggrin:

Man, that was CCCCCCCCCCCCold :blink: and you can't found this such of temperature in my tropic so....i literay got frozed.

btw, that F-16 looks like a mockup.... isn't it an actual aircraft?

I love that sort of weather. Nice and cold. Although I'd imagine I'd enjoy the temperature in Brazil as well :good:

I think it's a real F-16. Block 10 IIRC. Although the AIM-9s certainly are fake. Not even training versions.

I love that sort of weather. Nice and cold. Although I'd imagine I'd enjoy the temperature in Brazil as well :good:

I think it's a real F-16. Block 10 IIRC. Although the AIM-9s certainly are fake. Not even training versions.

i bet you'd meltdown in the summer :rofl:

sweet!

theyv'e added a few planes since my last visit.

Which boat, Midway or Intrepid?

Midway.

I was last out there a couple of years ago and they didn't quite that number of planes and the ready rooms were not opened yet. The area where my stateroom was, was still closed off.

My old ready room is being set up by the VAW/VRC Association for display, supposed to open this summer with the names of all of us who contributed to set it up on a permanent plaque.

I hope to get out there for another visit sometime in the next year or two.

:blink: Why not?

Because one is married and the mom of the little boy in the pictures and the other is 18 and daddy is very protective of his girls. :boxing:

Because one is married and the mom of the little boy in the pictures and the other is 18 and daddy is very protective of his girls. :boxing:

Hey, i´m 19 and a good boy. Back to track, did you serve aboard her, or another of her class?

I served aboard the USS SARATOGA CV-60, the uncle of my oldest daughter served on the Midway during the early 80's. The Sara is at Quanset point R.I. waiting her turn to be a museum.

..... the uncle of my oldest daughter served on the Midway during the early 80's.

cool. so did I. same timeframe.

I was in VAW-115, where was he?

He was an RPSN in the Chaplain's office. According to my daughter he helped to refurbish the ship's chapel. His last name is Foster, if attended services you probably saw him.