Yesterday I flew under one of the power lines for a bit of low level fun, this was done in the F3 view. As I flew under the pylon the cable caught one of my engines (in the A-10), as it caught my engine sparks flew off !!!! Only a small detail but cool and there never the less.

post-6-1073826540_thumb.gif

I tried to get a picture of this nice little detail but was unable to, I done several attempts each causing sparks but I didn't press the screenshot button at the right time. It's not hitting the cables that's hard it's just getting the screenshot at the right second, that's the hard part. In the main screen click on the A-10 fly screen and head towards the Red Mi troop helo, it cuts in front of you and at around that point there's some power lines. Fly under in F3 view and sooner or later you'll clip the lines n get the sparks !!!!

post-6-1073858331_thumb.gif

This effect, and the sound you SHOULD have heard were added with the 1.01 patch.

It was awfully fun testing the patch beta to see if it worked! Going out of my way to strike power lines! :lol:

if you record track yuou should be able to get the screenshot. Choose "Edit track" and find the view you want. When you get there pause the sim by pressing "s". From there just press "enter" and it will move forward one frame at a time

hitting the pause key at right moment, then take a screenshot should do the trick

Edited by ARCHER

VSD, I got a similar effect when I took off in the A10. I retracted gear and flaps, trying to stay low as a strela launcher was nearby. Before I cleared the runway, I looked to the left watching for missiles. Well, that was enough time for me to slightly dip, and sure enough, I wound up scraping and sparking down the remainder of the runway till I finally came to a stop. pretty cool effect I agree.

a10spark1.jpg

a10spark2.jpg

No sparks, but a flash and a boom :)

post-6-1074429610_thumb.jpg

I landed hard in a MiG-29 and collapsed the gear. Got a similar sparks show and you could see the gear smashed up against the fuselage. I wish I took a screenshot of it. After it stopped, I ejected and landed just off the left wingtip. Ha, maybe I'll try it again sometime.