Sign in to follow this  
Olham

OT: An American Dream

This car is looking so great, in white, or in burgundy; maybe in any colour.

I must try to get that burgundy on an Albatros...

wow, my absolutely favorit car!!!

got to watch bullit again tonight! :-)

thanks

If i could have two cars it would be this and an Aston Martin DB5

Hmmm,

Too many wheels. This is how I get around...

But, that *IS* a nice Mustang. I suppose I could work around my preference for two wheels. :wink:

I drive a Mustang but it ain't no '66 convertible. It's a '93 LX Hatchback. Five liter, five speed. I like it. I've been driving for 11 years. It's getting a little long in the tooth now. I need to get a little Jap beater to drive so I can rejuvenate it. I'm not getting rid of it.

oooo pretty car... but as has been said 2 wheels too many...

I have a ZZR600D and a ZZR1100... though why the ZZR1100 has mirrors I dont know as I cant see anyone behind me...!!!

Love the early Mustangs. I owned a '65 convert 283 4-speed up until about eight years ago. I had to let it go in order to pursue other interests, but I have fond memories to carry with me. It was a terrific little car.

Cheers!

Lou

Don't you mean a 289?

'68 Fastback... Steve Mcquaid's Bullet, that was Mustang's best... other than the Mach I.

Ohlam... for colors... check out Mopar's (Dodge and Plymouth) from the early 70's.

Me... Chevy all the way. :good:

OvS

Cameljockey wrote:

Don't you mean a 289?

OMG! The Ford Owner's Club is going to have me dragged out into the street and shot for that mistake. Yes CJ...yes, I most certainly did mean a 289. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

Two wheels are for Woosies!! :biggrin:

post-22245-1246381865_thumb.jpg

Two wheels are for Woosies!! :biggrin:

Now that's Unicycling for the clinically insane!! Can you imagine gunning that thing through all five... on an open highway.

Owners Manual Page 1: Lean forward, open throttle wide, dump clutch... pray to your God of choice.... have friend call for medic.

OvS

The color on the Mustang might be Candy Apple Red. I could be wrong.

GB

GRUMPYBEAR, I am quite sure the color of the Mustang in Olham's picture is "Vintage Burgundy". The one I owned was "Rangoon Red". I did have a 1950 F-3 1 ton pick-up that I painted n the infamous Ford "Candy Apple Red". That was a very neat old truck, and I miss it more than my pony car.

Salute!

Lou

I love the all porsche models :). This is mine champagne metal 944 vm -86. Beige leather inside.

American cars mustang and Vette´s are my personal favourite.

post-45827-1246393274_thumb.jpg

AC Cobra.

Never owned one, never will, but first saw one on a beach in Majorca 20+ years ago, and never forgotten it.

"....The Cobra was perhaps too successful as a performance car and reputedly contributed to the implementation of national speed limits in the United Kingdom. An AC Cobra Coupe was calculated to have done 185 mph (298 km/h) on the M1 Motorway in 1964...."

If I had one, I wouldn't care if the top speed was 50mph. I'd still get bugs stuck to my teeth because I couldn't stop grinning.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

post-45899-1246395869_thumb.jpg

Ok, i would take that too :)

AC Cobra.

Never owned one, never will, but first saw one on a beach in Majorca 20+ years ago, and never forgotten it.

"....The Cobra was perhaps too successful as a performance car and reputedly contributed to the implementation of national speed limits in the United Kingdom. An AC Cobra Coupe was calculated to have done 185 mph (298 km/h) on the M1 Motorway in 1964...."

If I had one, I wouldn't care if the top speed was 50mph. I'd still get bugs stuck to my teeth because I couldn't stop grinning.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

My 1st ride was a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang

Loved that car but I had to sell it to pay for school ...sigh!

Never lost the nostagic love for that ride but now a 67 Fastback is my favorite

Flyboy/Paarma,

Cobras aren't all that far out of reach if you're willing to settle for a replica

I visited ERA Cobra with a friend of a friend who was serious about buying

Surprizingly a lot of the components are made by the same manufacturers as the original

I guess the Brits don;t throw any tooling away

They'll put any V8 you want in it, but if you want a 427 $$$$

Yes, Shelby Cobras are looking hot!

OvS - you must have ment Steve McQueen - not related to Randy Quaid I think. Very cool actor - McQueen I mean.

In the seventies, I saw a movie called "Fluchtpunkt San Francisco" ("Vanishing point" ?), where actor Barry (???) drove

a white open car. Does anyone know the movie and the car?

GRUMPYBEAR, I am quite sure the color of the Mustang in Olham's picture is "Vintage Burgundy". The one I owned was "Rangoon Red". I did have a 1950 F-3 1 ton pick-up that I painted n the infamous Ford "Candy Apple Red". That was a very neat old truck, and I miss it more than my pony car.

Salute!

Lou

Well I didnt say I kne anything about Fords.

This is what I had in high school but a different color

post-21453-1246407375_thumb.jpg

post-21453-1246407430_thumb.jpg

Hey, Lou - vintage burgundy could be right - here is one to be said that colour.

Can anyone answer my question from the post before?

...and here's a Cobra in a similar burgundy! Sharp!

In the seventies, I saw a movie called "Fluchtpunkt San Francisco" ("Vanishing point" ?), where actor Barry (???) drove a white open car. Does anyone know the movie and the car?

Vanishing Point.

1970 Dodge Challenger.

Barry Newman was the actor.

FC