Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Yo, check this out! Great speed boost!

Well I finally got it to work. Here are the results:

img00110.jpg

img00102.jpg

My specs are Core 2 dou e7200 at 3.8ghz, 4gigs OCZ golds, Crossfire ATI radeon 4850s.

Game is maxed except that shadows and mirrors are turned off.

In catalyst I have AA and AF both maxed (16x), Catalyst A.I on advanced, Mipmap detail to high quality, and adaptive AA maxed also.

I have to say I like it. It adds a level of grittiness to it and not only lightens what should be light, but it darkens what should be dark.

Edited by zmatt

Zmatt-those are great pix! Could you post your settings in addition to those you mentioned earlier, like in the *.ini that comes with the dll, if you tweaked that?

Thanks!

Mark Davis

Zmatt-those are great pix! Could you post your settings in addition to those you mentioned earlier, like in the *.ini that comes with the dll, if you tweaked that?

Thanks!

Mark Davis

Here you go:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=0
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=1
AlternativeDepth=1
AllowAntialias=1
BugFixMode=0
SkipShaderOptimization=0
QuadVertexBuffer=0
EnableShaders_3_0=1
UseMRTRendering=0
AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=0
EnableReflection=0
EnableMotionBlur=0
EnableWater=0
EnableShadow=0
DepthBias=0
EnableDepthOfField=0
[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyBloom=120
KeyOcclusion=121
KeyReflection=122
KeyCombination=16
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyShadow=119
KeyWater=118
KeyShowFPS=106
[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=100
ChromePower=100
UseCurrentFrameReflection=1
ReflectionQuality=1
ReflectionSourceSpecular=50
ReflectionSourceTFactor=50
UseAdditiveReflection=1
ReflectionDepthBias=0
UseLowResReflection=1
ReflectionSinglePass=1
UseEnvBump=0
EnvBumpAmount=100
EnvBumpOffset=100
ReflectionFlip=0
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=0
BloomFadeTime=400
BloomConstantDay=1
BloomQuality=0
BloomScreenLevelDay=95
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=18
BloomConstantNight=0
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomScreenLevelNight=20
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100
BloomAllowOversaturation=1
BloomMaxLimit=100
[SSAO]
UseFilter=1
OcclusionQuality=2
FilterQuality=1
DarkeningLevel=30
BrighteningLevel=30
IlluminationLevel=30
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30
UseAmbientOcclusion=1
UseIndirectLighting=1
FadeDistance=50
UseForAlphaTest=0
UseForAlphaBlend=0

[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=40
ScreenLevelDay=70
ScreenLevelNight=1
DarkeningAmountNight=-30
GammaCurveDay=0
GammaCurveNight=-2
ColorSaturationDay=0
ColorSaturationNight=0
UsePaletteTexture=0
[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=0
WaterDeepness=20
WaterQuality=0
[SHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=40
ShadowFadeEnd=80
ShadowAmountDay=100
ShadowAmountNight=30
ShadowScreenLevelDay=60
ShadowScreenLevelNight=20
ShadowQuality=1
UseShadowFilter=0
FilterQuality=2
ShadowBlurRange=30
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0
MaxAnisotropy=8
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60
[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=1
MotionBlurVelocity=0
MotionBlurRotation=0
[PERPIXELLIGHTING]
SpecularColorMin=0
SpecularColorMax=100
SpecularColorMultiplier=100
SpecularGlossinessMin=0
SpecularGlossinessMax=100
SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100
[DEPTHOFFIELD]
DOFQuality=2
DOFNumberOfPasses=1
DOFFocusRange=50
DOFBlurinessRange=10

WoE works and the Oct '08 patch makes all men equal so I don't see why not.

No significant gain for my desktop (Vista + NVidia 8400) both in terms of graphics and speed. All looks and feels the same to me. Looks like it's really only for high-end cards as it claims to be.

BTW: This is ThirdWire's speculation regarding this plugin:

Well, I don't have any insights on what they're doing, so it could be any number of things.

Most likely, you're just hitting some bottleneck with our default rendering path, and their rendering path just happened to navigate around that better.

Or it could be that they're not doing everything we're doing - I can't tell, for example, if shadow is being rendered correctly or not, or if the shaders are having the same effects, or if the textures are at the same resolution, or if the vertical-sync is enabled or not, etc.

Or it may also be that its somehow using up more CPU cycle and forcing our physics loop to run at lower fidelity - just from the screenshot you have posted, i see the game loop has lower FPS now, not sure if thats consistent or just one time thing or not. If its constently low, then that means its doing less physics (and more graphics).

TK

--

Allegedly there are multiple versions for various cards so what works for one may not work for another...but ofcourse keep in mind that if you have a low end card this DLL will not magically turn it into high end equipment. What this does is it simply gives normal performance to users with a better hardware, it was pretty insane how low FPS did people get with monster computers before this...

What this does is it simply gives normal performance to users with a better hardware, it was pretty insane how low FPS did people get with monster computers before this...

I don't think I could have put it better :-)

Regarding the weird effects with shift+F12, this definately seems to be because my original advice to put enbseries.ini in the same folder as the SF2E exe itself was wrong. As other posters have noted, if you put enbseries.ini in your saved games\thirdwire\strikefighters2 europe\flight folder then the plugin will pick it up right away and not create default files (which seem to be the source of the weird effects).

Once this is done you can safely use shift+F12 to turn the effect on and off.

Kind regards

Dave

I put the ini file in saved games\thirdwire\strikefighters2 europe\ (not in the flight subfolder) and it also worked! Now I can enjoy not only the doubled frame rate but this fake bloom/hdr effect as well! And here I thought that Christmas time is late December or smth :D

Anyway I've grown accustomed to 20fps so why do we all need to increase it to 60?

Anyway I've grown accustomed to 20fps so why do we all need to increase it to 60?

Well for me the immersion is way better if I don't feel the jerkiness associated with low FPS. I mean I can tell the difference between 20 and 40 FPS right away and it really distracts me from the game...But thats me, if YOU are happy with 20 fps then good for you mate!

Just tried running this in my SF2/V/E merged install and it didnt work. Im running vista 64bit. Put the files in the flight folder of the mod folder and if anything my fps went down. I was running evrything on unlimited and have the SF2:V mega pack installed. I had a little fiddle and put the ENB series files into the main install directory and it worked a treat. From 10FPS to 25-30FPS. Looks fantastic gotta say

Mike

I think this .dll is taking advantage of a more efficient rendering method that may not have existed when the engine was first made. At least that explains why it works in 1st gen games. As for 2nd gen, they are supposed to be just recompiled and optimized for Vista and beyond so they may still have that same bottleneck in the rendering pipeline.

At any rate I think its great that we can now play the games with max settings and with resonable performance. getting 50-60 fps is very nice indeed.

Well for me the immersion is way better if I don't feel the jerkiness associated with low FPS. I mean I can tell the difference between 20 and 40 FPS right away and it really distracts me from the game...But thats me, if YOU are happy with 20 fps then good for you mate!

That's because I've been playing on a low end pc all my life. :biggrin:

Just tried running this in my SF2/V/E merged install and it didnt work. Im running vista 64bit. Put the files in the flight folder of the mod folder and if anything my fps went down. I was running evrything on unlimited and have the SF2:V mega pack installed. I had a little fiddle and put the ENB series files into the main install directory and it worked a treat. From 10FPS to 25-30FPS. Looks fantastic gotta say

Mike

What are your card specs? I am running Vista 64, 4GB RAM, 2.4 Ghz dual core with a 256 MB Nvidia card in my laptop and its running better with that file. I am just curious since you are running Vista 64 too.

What are your card specs?

I have the Nvidia GTS 250 1GB. Its not the best card on the market but so far ive found it great value for money

Mike

Wow 1GB card, I wish I had one of those in my laptop.

That's because I've been playing on a low end pc all my life. :biggrin:

I on the other hand am spoiled with high FPS i get in FPS, RTS nad RPG games I play so I kinda expect the same from flight sims (not wise, yeah, i know :biggrin: ). But taking into account their different nature, flight sims are always behind the current available technologies....Just take a look at Black Shark...Almost new game but doesn't even utilise more 1 one cpu core. Shame, really. Hopefully things will start to change for the better :yes:

Well I finally got it to work. Here are the results:

Sweet, the one with the saber almost looks like FSX.

Edited by Wolf65

I think this .dll is taking advantage of a more efficient rendering method that may not have existed when the engine was first made. At least that explains why it works in 1st gen games. As for 2nd gen, they are supposed to be just recompiled and optimized for Vista and beyond so they may still have that same bottleneck in the rendering pipeline.

I've only personally tested it with SF2E and it works great there, going from ~16fps to ~40fps. Other users are reporting similar speedups in both older and newer Thirdwire games.

Kind regards

Dave

The results when you enable SSAO are pretty neat. Brings life even to otherwise dull textures.

The results when you enable SSAO are pretty neat. Brings life even to otherwise dull textures.

yes but it give strange behaviour with clouds

still tweaking :wink:

post-1818-1246563396_thumb.jpg

SETTING DESCRIPTION:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=(0,1) load 3rd party library by the mod at game start. Helps to solve problem with multiple d3d9.dll files.

InitProxyFunctions=(0,1) connect to functions of 3rd party library.

ProxyLibrary=(filename) file name of 3rd party library.

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=(0,1) activate mod at start. In some situations HUD or startup movies may be corrupted visually because of this parameter enabled.

AlternativeDepth=(0,1) increase performance of some effects, but not all videocards can use this mode at full precision, if you see large lines on the objects, disable this parameter.

AllowAntialias=(0,1) enables antialiasing setting from game to be used in the mod effects. (antialiasing, multisampling, fsaa, in other words).

BugFixMode=(0..5) every value fixes it's own unsopported feature or bug in driver or hardware. For drivers 169.xx and 171.xx do not set this parameter to 1. Values from 0 to 5 actually HDR texture formats: 0 (R32G32F)-high quality and middle performance, 1 (R32F)-high quality and fast, 2 (A32R32G32B32F)-high quality and very slow, 3 (R16F)-low quality and fastest, 4 (R16G16F)-low quality and fast, 5 (A16R16G16B16F)-low quality and middle performance.

SkipShaderOptimization=(0,1) disables optimization when compiling shader, may help to elliminate bugs.

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=(0,1) enables bloom effect (bright areas blurred) with time dependent adaptation. Works only if mod activated already (by key combination).

EnableOcclusion=(0,1) enables ambient occlusions (ssao) and some other effects (mod version dependent).

EnableReflection=(0,1) reflection of vehicles.

EnableMotionBlur=(0,1) blurring image in fast motion of camera. Temporary disabled.

EnableWater=(0,1) enable water effects

EnableShadow=(0,1) enable shadow effects

[iNPUT]

KeyUseEffect=(1..255) decimal key number for mod activation/deactivation.

KeyBloom=(1..255) decimal key number for bloom activation/deactivation.

KeyOcclusion=(1..255) decimal key number for ssao activation/deactivation.

KeyReflection=(1..255) decimal key number for reflection activation/deactivation.

KeyCombination=(1..255) decimal number of additional key for combining this key with others (SHIFT by default).

KeyShadow=(1..255) decimal key number for shadow activation/deactivation.

KeyWater=(1..255) decimal key number for water activation/deactivation.

[REFLECTION]

ReflectionPower=(0..100) level of cars reflection.

ChromePower=(0..100) level of steel parts reflection. Temporary disabled.

UseCurrentFrameReflection=(0,1) when 1 use for reflection image of current frame screen, otherwise use previous frame image.

ReflectionQuality=(0..2) quality, 0 means maximal quality and slowest speed.

ReflectionSourceSpecular=(0..100) percent of using "specular" material color as reflection factor. Some car parts may be reflective with this setting.

ReflectionSourceTFactor=(0..100) percent of using "texture factor" as game environment map mix level. Some car parts may not be reflective with this parameter and on the contrary.

UseAdditiveReflection=(0,1) reflections added to screen car colors, 0 means more softly reflection.

ReflectionDepthBias=(0..1000) offset of reflection geometry relative to car and camera viewpoint. For some videocards may be useful to remove flickering and hiding of reflections.

UseLowResReflection=(0,1) use small and blurred texture as reflection, looks like matte reflection.

[bLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=(0..100) power of bloom at day time, dependent from screen brightness.

BloomFadeTime=(0..100000) time of bloom adaptation to screen brightness change, in milliseconds.

BloomConstantDay=(0..100) power of bloom at day time, independent from adaptation time between screen brightness change.

BloomQuality=(0..2) bloom effect quality, 0 means maximal quality.

BloomScreenLevelDay=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as day time.

BloomCurveDay=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at day time. negative values increases halftone brightness (smoggy look), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).

BloomPowerNight=(0..100) power of bloom at night time, dependent from screen brightness.

BloomConstantNight=(0..100) power of bloom at night time, independent from adaptation time between screen brightness change.

BloomCurveNight=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at night time. negative values increases halftone brightness (smoggy look), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).

BloomScreenLevelNight=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as night time.

BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, over which bloom deactivating. It's desirable that this parameter will be greater than BloomScreenLevelDay.

BloomAdaptationMultiplier=(0..100) percent of day time bloom brightness, that will be used when screen brightness will be greater than BloomAdaptationScreenLevel. Value 100 disable adaptation

BloomAllowOversaturation=(0,1) if 0, bloom softly applied to screen and bright areas not become too oversaturated.

[sSAO]

UseFilter=(0,1) enable noise filtering, produced by ambient occlusion effect.

OcclusionQuality=(0..2) quality of ssao, 0 means maximal quality and slow performance. In current version this is disabled, using lowest quality level.

FilterQuality=(0..2) quality of ssao noise filtering, 0 is maximal quality and slowest performance.

[colorCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=(-100..100) how much to dark or to bright dark screen areas at day time. Negative values makes brighter, positive darker.

ScreenLevelDay=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as day time.

ScreenLevelNight=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as night time.

DarkeningAmountNight=(-100..100) how much to dark or to bright dark screen areas at night time. Negative values makes brighter, positive darker. Positive values recommended for more natural nights.

GammaCurveDay=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at day time. negative values increases halftone brightness (pale image), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).

GammaCurveNight=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at night time. negative values increases halftone brightness (pale image), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).

[PLUGIN]

WeatherMod=(0,1) activates color correction for Weather Mod installed, choosed by it's author. Temporary disabled.

[WATER]

UseWaterDeep=(0,1) use smooth transition between different deep levels.

WaterDeepness=(0..1000) factor of water semitransparencity at difference deep levels.

WaterQuality=(0..2) quality of water effects, 0 means maximal quality.

[sHADOW]

ShadowFadeStart=(0..1000) distance, at which shadow starts to be less intensive.

ShadowFadeEnd=(0..1000) distance at which shadow dissapear completely.

ShadowAmountDay=(0..100) percent of shadows intencity in the day.

ShadowAmountNight=(0..100) percent of shadows intencity in the night.

ShadowScreenLevelDay=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as day time.

ShadowScreenLevelNight=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as night time.

ShadowQuality=(0..2) quality of shadows, 0 is maximal and slowest.

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=(0,1) force to use anisotropic filtering for most game textures.

MaxAnisotropy=(1..16) maximal level of anisotropy filtering, greater values makes more sharp textures at low angles.

ForceDisplayRefreshRate=(0,1) force to use user defined reflresh rate.

DisplayRefreshRateHz=(60..240) custom monitor reflresh rate. Warning, incorrect use of this parameter may corrupt you display! (or what you are using)

yes but it give strange behaviour with clouds

post it on deviant art as some form of conceptual art :biggrin:

Anyway can't wait for weekend to get some time to install WOE and try this tweak. I have a low end machine (laptop) but man can dream...