Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Yo, check this out! Great speed boost!

Excuse me, zmatt!! :rolleyes: I have some doubts about, how to install the "EMBserie_for_MSFS", in SF2 on Vista Home Premium!! :blink:

I must:

1) Unzip the "EMBserie_for_MSFS" on my desktop.

2) Put the d3d9.dll in: (C:\Users\AGOSTINO\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Flight\d3d9.dll)

3) Put the enbseries.ini in: (C:\Users\AGOSTINO\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Flight\enbseries.ini)

This is what I do?? Perhaps I forgot something?? :dntknw:

This is a good question! The instructions state: "Put this content in to MS FSX main directory." What does that mean? I can not find any such directory! It is very vague instructions indeed. Where are the install instructions for this? I would love to be able actually play Strike Figheters 2 Vietnam. I have not purchased Wings Over Europe 2 because I can not get SF 2 Vietnam to play well at all. Maybe 5 or 6 frames per second. It was an incredible disappointment after my purchase.

does it works for sfp1?

It works in WOE Okt08 patch in Vista, So why not?? If it dosnt you can allways delete the files again, they wont pork up anything

i know

ive test it on my woe 08, it dosnt work

but theres one for sfp1 in the download section

I "found out" that hitting Shift+F12 "activates" the enbseries-file (right?)...

When doing so, I can switch between a very (overly) bright picture (with a lot of bloom) and a darker one with a lot more detail being displyed - but looking more "dull"...

I understand, I'm in need to re-adjust the enbseries (bloom, brightness...) to my likings (well, a few more posts about your favorites might be of great help drinks.gif ), but I wonder which is the "standard" setting, and which is the enhanced - the brighter or the darker one??? (I'd guess, the darker is the standard, but I'm not sure...)

Secondly, is there still any "manual" for the enbseries around? Unfortunately Boris' homepage is down.......

Thanks guys

I "found out" that hitting Shift+F12 "activates" the enbseries-file (right?)...

When doing so, I can switch between a very (overly) bright picture (with a lot of bloom) and a darker one with a lot more detail being displyed - but looking more "dull"...

I understand, I'm in need to re-adjust the enbseries (bloom, brightness...) to my likings (well, a few more posts about your favorites might be of great help drinks.gif ), but I wonder which is the "standard" setting, and which is the enhanced - the brighter or the darker one??? (I'd guess, the darker is the standard, but I'm not sure...)

Secondly, is there still any "manual" for the enbseries around? Unfortunately Boris' homepage is down.......

Thanks guys

Shift F12 overrides the settings I made. The settings I made is the enhanced.

Falcon

For people having the "missing D3D9_26 dll " , just download the latest DirectX and all will be fine.

I just ran the SF2x Dec2009-patch (NOT the one for/including SF2I!) on my standalone SF2V (plus Expansion Pack Gold) before leaving for work this morning (so not much time to check things) and "re-applied" my modded folder...

What I found out so far:

+ the game now runs on Vista Aero (eventually) - before, I had to switch it off clapping.gif

+ new load screen (a camoed F-4 on tarmac) - well, I prefer the "Welcome to Vietnam" from the SF2V Expansion Pack

- plane(s?) not shown in hangar screen - at least I saw that with the default F-4E (maybe I can find something - jpg or other picture-file - in the "stock mod folder" created after running the patched game once...)

- the HDR mod 1.01A doesn't run anymore. At least Boris' script in the upper left doesn't appear - which (I understand) does indicate whether the enbseries are turned on or not. (Yes, I checked the d9d3.dll and the enbseries being still there.)

Don't know if the new DX10-support implemented overrules the DX9 driver being part of the HDR-mod.

Anybody more knowledgeable than me (well, that's not hard) might be able to answer/supply workarounds for the above? blink.gif

things left to check:

- FPS performance

- more things like the missing plane above

- accurate support of the other objects implemented with the Sf2V XP Gold

...so, lots to do...

(I'll leave copies of this post in the XP Gold- and HDR 1.01A-threads)

Oliver

It seems you d/led a earlier patch, TK fixed the missing plane bug yesterday so I recommend d/ling the patch again. But, you need to uninstall the game, reinstall, apply the patch, and install your mods.

As for my HDR mod, you don't need it anymore.

Falcon

Ah, okay - why that?

Does the new DX10-support deliver the same (performance and high-definition) as your HDR did before?

Concerning my statement the HDR not running, I must correct it - the enbseries working actually DO pop up when loading the flight and the lighting settings are back as before.

Maybe I do not get Boris' script shown in the screens before (Menu) as I disabled the enbseries in the /Menu (UseEffects=0 and all [Effects]=0).

When checking this morning I didn't go as far as loading a flight - so I didn't see Boris' message then. So FORTUNATELY heat.gif I do not need to go through that de-/re-install-routine........

So, you recommend kicking the d3d9.dll out again (as the DX10 is more current) - and the enbseries may remain to screw on the lighting, right?

Thanks for bearing with me

Just checked it out:

deleted the enbseries and the d3d9.dll - it didn't show any negative influence (of course message and enbseries-effects were gone), but didn't change the "stuttering external environment" unfortunately.

Too bad, I hoped that might have get fixed with the patch also.

(Remember: I do not have nor want SF2I as that would crash my Expansion Pack mods, which I dearly love... Otherwise adding the SF2I would solve that glitch...)

So, I'll put the enbseries back into /Flight and be happy with rest delivered by the patch. (I'm quite happy that it's still running and can be used with Aero now)...

Yet another addition: enbseries (obviously) don't get recognized with the d3d9.dll missing...

On the other hand the picture is quite brilliant without the enbseries-powering it up - I'll play around a little to check whether I need the enbseries, or just forget about it......

Thanks again for your help!

Yet another addition: enbseries (obviously) don't get recognized with the d3d9.dll missing...

On the other hand the picture is quite brilliant without the enbseries-powering it up - I'll play around a little to check whether I need the enbseries, or just forget about it......

Thanks again for your help!

Did you delete the enbseries ini files too? About the stuttering, the patch SHOULD fix it. Odd.

Falcon

Really? Hum....

First I tried deleting the d3d9.dll and the enbseries.ini (both of them) - as said, the stuttering was still there.

Putting back (only) the enbseries.ini (into /Flight) then, did not trigger it running...

Well, as the quality is very good now, even without it, I don't cae much...

But, the stuttering should be gone? Phew, what's wrong then...? Cannot be performance-related (I think)..... Strange! blink.gif

edit: just checked GrinchWSLG's answer in the other thread about this patch here in the "General Discussion". He sais, the patch's description doesn't state the stuttering was remedied. (Right - that's not listed in the ReadMe.)

You think it WAS, Falcon?

I'll just ask TK in the TW-forum.....

Edited by stingray77

A lot of users said after they applied the patch before the december patch the stuttering was gone. My stuttering problems went away as well when I installed the patch before this december patch. This latest patch should have other fixes from older patches

Falcon

After discussing this with TK, I will try to screw a little with my setting - maybe I over-maxed my system.....blink.gifbye.gif

Finally got round to this. Weird, and typical of my SF experience in general -- always smooth and simple.

Win7

ATI-4550

SF 2006 :good:

Put the enb d3 and INI files in Flight folder: nothing. Put in basic SF folder and *BAM* double frames. Can do 300km horizon distance with 2km terrain tiles. Never could do that before (always went for the low end video cards).

Had to find a d3dx9_26 and put that in SF folder as well.

~ http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_26

Yep, Shift+F12 turns the gruesome brightness effects on/off. It may be worth tuning the entire Enviro file to see if ENB with F12 effects can give it more colour control. Don't see how but who knows.