Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Anyone can give me details of RoF campaing?

I'm finding lack of talk about the campaign in RoF at simhq rather suspect. Anyone can post some useful details about it here?

I go to login to simhq this morning and find out I am banned there, once again, so can't discuss it at their RoF forum. <sigh>

I'm finding lack of talk about the campaign in RoF at simhq rather suspect. Anyone can post some useful details about it here?

I go to login to simhq this morning and find out I am banned there, once again, so can't discuss it at their RoF forum. <sigh>

Jeez the Mods at SimHq sure are busy banning people, wonder whats up with that? Sorry to hijack your thread milkweg, but my understanding is there is a SP campaign in RoF but it's apparently very lite, nothing even close to OFF BHaH SP campaigns. I do know there is suppose to be a mission builder but I have not really seen an user created missions yet. I'm sure eventually someone might string enough single missions together to make sort of a campaign but like anything made by end users it quailty may very greatly.

The campaign engine I've seen there is nothing to write home about.

You chose plane and squadron and this thing generates you a string of missions, like "you fly to point A, there will be enemies there, shoot at them and come back". It also places a few targets of opportunity, like an extra enemy flight or a few ground units. Sometimes even a bunch of flak right at mission objective waypoint. That's it. No news from the front, squadron transfers or invitations.

Clearly my decision to buy OFF BHAH instead of ROF was the wise one...

I think I am going to hold off on getting this. I am finding more people with dislikes than likes.

Maybe in a year or so there will be some kind of comprhensive package that will be attractive to those of us who aren't diehard WWI fans. I'd pay $50 as long as it had at least 9 planes (3 from each major nation), good campaigns, good MP, and good single missions. The always-on net connect I'm not crazy about, but I have Steam already so I can live with it.

I didn't go with iRacing either for the same reason...I want a product that is full-featured, not "a couple of features done REALLY well."

I agree, OFF is a better buy at this time maybe in a few years ROF will be up to snuff :rofl:

I bought RoF a few days back even though I know it isn't the greatest and I hate the DRM system but online purchases just make it too easy to say no. If OFF had online purchases I would have bought that already too. I put in 2 new 1TB HDDs and had to re-install everything (installed Win7 RC) so have been too busy to play RoF yet. All I've done is taken it for a quick spin and didn't even look at the campaign, I will try to do that tomorrow. Looks pretty is all I can say about it right now.