JAS-39C Gripen For SF2 series

JAS-39C Gripen For SF2 Series

You Gripen Team is:

Model, Weps and Skins by Gux

FM by Column5

Avionics by Moonjumper and Jat

Testing by USAFMTL

Installation insctructions:

Just install the archive into your MOD folder.

NOTES:

Included updated post WOI FM by Column5

Included updated RWR list and added TGA texture(and entry) for JAS39 family radar.

***SPECIAL NOTE***

I only made the SF2 conversion(simple ini edits and folder re-organization), the original MOD makers are listed above!!!

That's pretty much it and:

Original ReadME is attached in the archive.

Feb 2010 Updates by Jat

• Like 2

Feb 2010 Updates By Jat

Hi,

Just wondering what information the Tracking range of the Gripen Radar is based on? It seems fairly short compared to other aircraft of its generation.

Cheers Dan.

Hmm I don't know what's in the ini(I have my own version). Anyway while data for PS-5 radar is scarce most sources say it can detect a fighter sized aircraft at 120km.

Hmm I don't know what's in the ini(I have my own version). Anyway while data for PS-5 radar is scarce most sources say it can detect a fighter sized aircraft at 120km.

The maximum range setting is 120 also but it can only track a target (and thus enter STT mode) out to 28 Nautical miles (Radartrackingrange=28). The 28 Nautical miles (51km) is the figure that seems to small to me. What figure do you use?

Edited by dtmdragon

28 miles is pretty low, I've read PS-5 is able to track up to 70-90km(I have 90km in my ini's :grin: ), although Gripens are meant to work in data link mode of some kind where their tracking range should go up to 160km

I have two problems, one is quite minor, the other might be something on my end that´s wrong..

On my computer the cockpit looks like this:

SF2E_JAS_cockpit.jpg

There seems to be an extra canopy frame. I don´t know if there is anything wrong with my installation, I simply copied the files into the "mod folder" of SF2E. This is quite annoying anyway.

The minor issue is that the velocity vector (the little circle with two horizontal lines and one vertical - displayed on the HUD and radar screens, and it should be on the map as well, but I guess it´s a game mechanic issue) is upside down. The "fin" should be pointing upwards from the circle, unless you simulate the real velocity vector on the real aircraft, in which case it might actually cross the circle if your'e flying too slow.

Anyway, thanks for bringing the Gripen to SF2!

/E

Open the JAS39C_Cockpit.ini and find this line:

[CockpitSeat001]

And replace the initial Position value with this:

Position=0.0000,4.98,0.7

As for the second value you can edit it via Photoshop or any other image editing program that opens .tga file, or post a picture of the real VV and we'll see what we can do.

Edited by EricJ

guys this is incomplete package... right?

no LODs inside, not key ini files...:dntknw: is this meant to be installed ontop of SF1 version?

found the basic pack (the one to be installed first) sorry :blush: