Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

All invited to MP on Sunday, 5 July

I'd like to extend the invitation to anyone who want to give multiplayer a try. We'll be flying coop missions all day with perhaps a Team Dogfight at the very end.

At the end of July I will award two prizes to the top participants in "Winston's Early Birds" Sunday multiplayer sessions. There will be two different categories of judging, coop and team dogfight.

1. On coop missions, points are given for following the orders of your Section Leader, the ability to fly in formation, and attention to the mission goals. Points are deducted for breaking formation and chasing non mission specific targets (unless ordered by your Section Leader). Staying alive in your first aircraft can earn you points as well.

2. Team dogfight high score. This will be tallied for the last Sunday in June session and all Sunday sessions in July.

Due to the method I'm using to tally points it would be hard for someone to attend just one or two sessions and win a prize. Your best chance would be to do well in as many sessions as possible. So come one and come all to the early sessions on Sunday. By "Early" I mean setting an early time for USA flyers to accommodate the European time zone, not necessarily flying in "early" war years although Vasco may be able to provide some early war campaign missions converted for us to fly if there's enough interested in this.

Info for Early Birds will be found on the MP calendar ONLY. I will not be posting the info as a topic any longer. The calendar is here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?act=calendar

Just go to the bottom where it says "Calendar Jump" and change the "Community Calendar" to the multiplayer calendar. For practice, drop by teamspeak whenever you can, we try to get something going as much as possible, especially Saturdays. If you've never flown multiplayer contact me, Vasco or sitting duck and we'll set you up with a short training tutorial that will get you going. First you'll need to read the multiplayer tutorial instructions by sitting duck here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=38466

And the essential multiplayer files auto installer by Madmatt here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=42089

It's a painless process and you'll be up and online flying quickly.

Here are the prizes that will be awarded:

1st prize is a 24" X 18" framed P-51D Mustang "Big Beautiful Doll" flying over the Dover cliffs, with full combat cockpit photo.

2nd prize is the Osprey 1994 photo book of "Classic Aircraft of World War I" by Melvyn Hiscock. I think it may be out of print as I can no longer find it anywhere on the net.

Edited by Winston DoRight

This would be a perfect time for me to finally get some mp time in.

Any chance of a mp session prior to sunday for those lazy pilots (ME) who dont have their rigs set up yet?

I have DL and run Matt's mp essentials. So I 'think' I'm ready. But I'm not only the president of "Murphy's Law" I'm also a client.

Edited by Macklroy

When you get Teamspeak and the overlay installed (as per sitting ducks instructions) log on to teamspeak. I'm usually there around 2 to 7 pm pacific time, and Vasco is often there somewhat earlier. Once you get teamspeak working, the rest will be easy. Where are you in the real world?

Tips on teamspeak:

1. Turn off you speakers, wear your headset and mic only. Sound from your speakers will feedback through the mic.

2. Use quick connect. Leave the box "Login name (optional)" blank.

Well i have TS. just need the address ya'll use. I'm west coast. northern california.

Oh, and untill i get a new mic ill be a mute TS participant. :rolleyes:

Well i have TS. just need the address ya'll use. I'm west coast. northern california.

Oh, and untill i get a new mic ill be a mute TS participant. :rolleyes:

I'm in southern Cal so that will be convienent. PM me when you get a mic. We're going to need to talk a bit on teamspeak to get you set up. Walmart has a few $15 headsets and I just got a great one at newegg for $15 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826502004

They ship pretty fast.

I'm in Upstate California too, I picked up my Headphone/Mic at either Wal-Mart or Staples and am very pleased with them. I doubt I popped more than 20 bucks for them.

Beard

I have a mic sorted now...so will do my best to get online with you guys.

(I shall teach you all some of my moves!)...most of which entail travelling in a downward spirral...very quickly!

I have a mic sorted now...so will do my best to get online with you guys.

(I shall teach you all some of my moves!)...most of which entail travelling in a downward spirral...very quickly!

Looking forward to having you join us. Try teamspeak in the late evenings your time on any day before Sunday, see if Vasco and I are there testing missions. Mission testing is a great way to get in some practice, flying formation, etc.

Funny, I have a similar favorite downward manouver. It involves trailing a thick black smoke. Is that anything like yours? :blink:

Funny, I have a similar favorite downward manouver. It involves trailing a thick black smoke. Is that anything like yours? :blink:

Yes..that's it exactly!... Usually with 'little bit's' breaking off!

I would be very grateful of a test run on T/S if thats ok?...just let me know when's good for you?

thanks m8 :good:

I'll be on teamspeak starting at about 1pm pst tomorrow, Friday, that should be around 9pm London time. I'll bet Vasco or sitting duck will be on even earlier than that. If you can, check your teamspeak settings as best you can in the test mode and log-in. Be glad to check you through. If you can log in to teamspeak, but can't get it working, we can try typing messages to each other to troubleshoot. Look for the menu that allows you to send text messages.

See you there.

Got connected to TS today just fine (minus the fact I'm still - 1 mic.) Hopefully I can hit up BestBuy before work tomorrow and be set up for sunday.

S!

Got connected to TS today just fine (minus the fact I'm still - 1 mic.) Hopefully I can hit up BestBuy before work tomorrow and be set up for sunday.

S!

Just remember that you will need a headset. If you leave your speakers on, you'll get a terrible feedback into your mic. That's why we recommend a headset w/mic and turn off your speakers for MP sessions.

I've used TS for a few years for a few different sims WdR, no worries m8. Mic just stoped working one day for some reason, and never bothered to replace it. :rolleyes: