Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Black Sea terrain questions

Thinking about the Black Sea terrain and if is possible to play on it some "Ukraine Vs Russia" action, you know Mig-21,23,25,29,31 and Su25 and 27 against the same type of aircrafts but of the other side of the Kerch strait. Single missions only

Possible?

Guest rscsjsuso5

1. i do not know about "same type of aircrafts but of the other side of the Kerch strait" it will be up to the terrain configuartion or u have to configure airbases around or over that particulat area with terrain editor.

2. i use taiwan terrain as examining both terrain files - the file for blacksea_nations is missing data but for my taiwan terrain the file states that taiwan is set for friendly and china as enenmy . u wiull either copy the data or create the data and input it in the blacksea_nation file.

3. as for aircraft example su27 su27 data is set for as a soviet aircraft u wil need to set it as a ukr aircraft and for both sides rename it for both and also pick your skin.

4 a lot of work but its worth it.

5 remeber the creator of blacksea terrain only thought of usa vs ussr in the terrain creation and not of a more regional conflit involving ussr v ukr. also by default tk the creator has made the sim basely soviet v usa. also by default ukr is set for enemy so u don't want enemy vs enmey in the air. ukr is part of warsaw pact soviet era.

alot of work remeber look areound forum and kb and have fun happy flying

from my af to your af safe skies and happy flying.

Nothing to it...and it almost has nothing to do with the terrain itself.

You just need to create 'nationalized' versions for EACH aircraft for the countries involved. And skins and decals, and perhaps weapons (tho, that probably isn't necessary in post-08, as long as the Soviet weapons are "EXPORTED=TRUE") National markings are already part of the objects.cat, so just adjusting the various pointers in the inis is a no-brainer.

Adding the nations to the terrains _nations.ini is also the matter of only a few minutes, although some editing of 'areas' may be needed, or at least double checked, as the region is split up in the various countries. Remember --and this is VERY important-- Location001 is ALWAYS Friendly!

wrench

kevin stein

Already done it in my WOEMAC install. Russia vs Ukraine, with Turkey and some other NATO stuff lurking on the sideline. Lots of Russian and Ukrainian MiGs, Sukhois etc in my aircraft folder and an almost double sized ground objects folder with all of those air defence units duplicated for Russian and Ukrainian service....

Here are some Russian Fencers attacking a Ukrainian airbase.

FencerStrike.jpg

Not all of them made it home...

UkrainianCubs.jpg

Allen this is just what I need! Can you please share it somehow? I really enjoyed Flanker 1 and 2 scenario and I know that LOMAC is similar but I miss there some fast mud movers and the special feeling of SF series. Possible to share it?

Allen this is just what I need! Can you please share it somehow? I really enjoyed Flanker 1 and 2 scenario and I know that LOMAC is similar but I miss there some fast mud movers and the special feeling of SF series. Possible to share it?

I have a idea..

A Ukraine VS Russian Campaign...

I have a good name for this...but at now,it is a secret. :biggrin:

Well there's no secret project to share, it's just a lot of modded planes and ground objects so I can fly single missions. There's no campaign or anything because I was waiting for Pfunk to release his campaign but he seems to have gone AWOL.

Plus my game computer's in the shop for repairs so I can't even get access to take a screenie of the aircraft folder :sorry:

But you modded the terrain or at least the objects in order to have a Crimen side Vs a Russian side isn't it?

Will try myself. Which SF game is the best to install this mod? WOE? Then maybe someone will be able to help me convertung Crimea into "allied"

Sorry for not replying Stratos. Yes I've based my install on WOE.

I never edited the terrain. The nations .ini and the other .inis in the terrain files take care of everything I think, and the new nations pack which I have as standard in most of my installs includes Ukraine.

All I did was to create nationalised versions of various planes and ground objects, which was mainly copying various Soviet planes, helos, tanks, SAM and AAA vehicles and making them Ukranian. Where I didn't have a Ukranian skin all I did was to nationalise the Soviet skin I wanted so that Ukranian marking showed up, as I figured that for the most part the planes have similar colour schemes.

Thinking about the Black Sea terrain and if is possible to play on it some "Ukraine Vs Russia" action, you know Mig-21,23,25,29,31 and Su25 and 27 against the same type of aircrafts but of the other side of the Kerch strait. Single missions only

Possible?

This sounds an awful lot like Dale Browns Chain Of Command. U gonna have Pavlo Tychina in the book and Daren Mace, Rebecca Furness, and Mark Fogelman? And cant forget the RF-111G, lol.

Allen I will try to do myself, hope you're open to help requests If I find something I can solve

Allen I will try to do myself, hope you're open to help requests If I find something I can solve

Check this......

Only early work

All aircraft list is OK.Cost me so much time.

But I don't know how to launch a ground attack........... :dntknw:

PS:Maybe Black Sea need more airbases...

And,about this,please no political! I read only some history,not 100% sure about this.

Black_Sea.rar

Edited by Erwin_Hans

Thanks Erwin! Will try as soon as possible!

All my planes explode as soon as they appear on the runway. Any idea?

All my planes explode as soon as they appear on the runway. Any idea?

Nuked?

No, they explode cause they appear one over the other :diablo:

Then the terrain isn't set for the right default terrain.cat I think.

Edited by Viggen

Yes! Was my fault! Erwin, the mod is working fine, SAMS and airbases are ok! Now is time to work on the planes :)