Wrench Note:

I retitled and am going to sticky this thread, so we can have a Works In Progress Thread of our very own!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Dave & Eric for setting up a little home from home for us propheads. To celebrate, I thought I would make a WIP list of my current stuff so everyone knows what to expect from the Baltika production line. These are listed in no particular order, and just don't ask me when they'll be done, OK :wink:

Terrain WIPs:

-Kursk

-WW2 Malaysia (covering Malay Peninsula, Singapore, Java, Borneo, Celebes, Flores, Timor, Siam, French Indo-China, and the Philippines)

-Full-scale Philippines and Formosa (completely new build)

-Full-scale Burma/Indian Frontier (again a new build, this is a long ways off, and is really only necessary because Edward's existing map doesn't cover the Indian frontier properly for mid-war campaigns covering the last-ditch British defence of India)

Campaign WIPs:

North Africa 1940-42 (nearly done)

Operation Zitadel - Kursk '43

Battle of the Mareth Line

Secret Weapons Over California

Burning Sands 1940

The Battle for Guadalcanal - Operation Watchtower 1942

Channel Front 1940-1944

I will also continue to update the old Battle of Britain campaign - there is a new version very close to release right now.

I also have a notion to make a "BoB2 - Secret Weapons Over Blighty" campaign to use a WW2 version of my British Isles map, featuring a full-scale Nazi invasion of the UK, but that is really just a gleam in my eye right now.

Suggestions, requests, ideas, are all welcome. Also any feedback on my previously released campaigns would be gratefully received, as I don't have time to thoroughly playtest them from every possible perspective.

Tally-Ho!

Baltika

If all goes as planned, I should have the 'new' rebuilt North Africa map finished with testing, and uploaded by the weekend. I hope!!!

Everything in Greece and Crete has been reactivated, and a new airfield for Italian/Axis use has been added near the Albanian/Macedonian border for recreation of the invasion of Greece, and the retreat to Crete, the retreat FROM Crete....and so forth

wrench

kevin stein

Hey Baltika was it you who had the ostfront menu set wip?

Or who was that?

Hey Baltika was it you who had the ostfront menu set wip?

Or who was that?

Well, I posted a very basic wip screenshot of a cut & paste WoE mainscreen Ostfront conversion - not a menu set, just the mainscreen. I can knock the thing together for release, but I suggest you d/l kout's Fighters Anthology menus template, and just copy in the pictures you want to that. That way, you can do a whole Ostfront screenset with minumun hassle.

Cheers,

Baltika

You are a machine Baltika! Prop-heads come out of the closet and unite!!!

Well, maybe we're not in the closet, or some of us aren't, NOT that there is anything wrong with that... :blush2:

PS: Where did the BoB thread go? Can that be transferred to the new dug-out? There was A LOT of great discussion in there....

I'll see if I can find the BoB Thread, and bring it over here...I'll start looking in the Missions/Campaigns Forum. wish me luck :haha: (my searchs don't turn up much, usualy...)

wrench

kevin stein

On the subject of BoB, wasn't Veltro doing Fiat BR.20? I bought the book below years ago in the hope that soemone would build one.

I'd love to see more Italian bombers in the game. I think we currently only have the SM 79. So much I'd love to skin and so little time!!

Lloyd

post-2351-1247191000_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

You are a machine Baltika! Prop-heads come out of the closet and unite!!!

Well, maybe we're not in the closet, or some of us aren't, NOT that there is anything wrong with that... :blush2:

Good to have a "prop" -er home here :rofl:

BTW, these might be worth a move too, cheers Wrench :good:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=31417 Kursk

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=29293 Midway

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=31665 BF 109 FM discussion

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=31823 WW2 Invasion of Japan

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=25381 WW2 Nightfighter discussion

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=30473 WW2 Philippines campaign thread

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=25617 Burma Air War Thread

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=34534 Pearl Harbor map/campaign thread

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=35678 Brewster Buffalo

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=35233 New Hurricane markings by mppd

These all relate to various WW2 themed topics, and have some useful info. If you can find the time, it may assist to have them here. There are others, but these are the ones I could find quickly.

Thanks again for the dedicated forum section.

Cheers,

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

I will also continue to update the old Battle of Britain campaign - there is a new version very close to release right now.

Baltika

Thanks Baltika!

Althoguh I just updated the 0.6 version to work with patchOct08.

The "stallmoment" fix seems to work nice.

Will the new version be for SF2 or SFP1? and feature updated FMs?

Thanks again!

Thanks Baltika!

Althoguh I just updated the 0.6 version to work with patchOct08.

The "stallmoment" fix seems to work nice.

Will the new version be for SF2 or SFP1? and feature updated FMs?

Thanks again!

The update is really intended for SFP1 at 06 patch level, and, sorry, will not include updated FMs, although I may tweak the 109 FM in particular to resolve a few issues mentioned in the above 109 FM thread, and to fix armanent issues for the BoB timeframe. I will also probably include the Stallmoment fix where required, as, like you, I have ported my BoB install over to WoE at Oct 08 patch level, and am really enjoying the new AI. Makes the campaign even tougher to survive :blink:

For a full list if what's included, take a look at my most recent post in the BoB campaign thread. Mainly it is updates to the OOB to include many more BoB squadrons, to increase the number of flyable types, and to implement my "all RAF squadrons markings fix

The update is really intended for SFP1 at 06 patch level, and, sorry, will not include updated FMs, although I may tweak the 109 FM in particular to resolve a few issues mentioned in the above 109 FM thread, and to fix armanent issues for the BoB timeframe. I will also probably include the Stallmoment fix where required, as, like you, I have ported my BoB install over to WoE at Oct 08 patch level, and am really enjoying the new AI. Makes the campaign even tougher to survive :blink:

For a full list if what's included, take a look at my most recent post in the BoB campaign thread. Mainly it is updates to the OOB to include many more BoB squadrons, to increase the number of flyable types, and to implement my "all RAF squadrons markings fix

Baltika, I think it is a good chance to deliver an update for the patch 08. If you want I can package everything and megaupload it.Sadly I really don't have the time to prepare a user-friendly end-user install package, but you might want to see my full install, and perhaps deliver to the community As for the 109 FM is perhaps one of the most needed.

Edited by Canadair

I think I got them all moved over. Thanks a LOT for finding them ... I'd forgotten most of them even existed!

wrench

kevin stein

Baltika, I think it is a good chance to deliver an update for the patch 08. If you want I can package everything and megaupload it.Sadly I really don't have the time to prepare a user-friendly end-user install package, but you might want to see my full install, and perhaps deliver to the community As for the 109 FM is perhaps one of the most needed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sadly, I had to spend a bit of time recently removing all the DAT planes from the BoB v0.60 package, so I think the days of an all-in-one-install are gone as none of those a/c can be included.

I am planning simply an update as a separate download for v0.61. It is mostly .ini edits so there is no point in repacking the whole thing again, although I may do that eventually for those newcomers who do not yet have a BoB install set up.

I am no FM expert, but there are a few simple tweaks which can be applied to the 109E FM to make a few improvements. They were worked out by Heck and B Bandy RFC and are detailed in the 109 FM thread now in the prophead forum. They are certainly worth trying out.

Time for modding is limited atm so expect the BoB updates when you see them.

@Wrench, thanks for moving those threads over. Nice to have it all in one place. There are a few others which may be of interest. I can flag em up as I come across them.

Cheers,

Baltika

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sadly, I had to spend a bit of time recently removing all the DAT planes from the BoB v0.60 package, so I think the days of an all-in-one-install are gone as none of those a/c can be included.

I am planning simply an update as a separate download for v0.61. It is mostly .ini edits so there is no point in repacking the whole thing again, although I may do that eventually for those newcomers who do not yet have a BoB install set up.

I am no FM expert, but there are a few simple tweaks which can be applied to the 109E FM to make a few improvements. They were worked out by Heck and B Bandy RFC and are detailed in the 109 FM thread now in the prophead forum. They are certainly worth trying out.

Time for modding is limited atm so expect the BoB updates when you see them.

@Wrench, thanks for moving those threads over. Nice to have it all in one place. There are a few others which may be of interest. I can flag em up as I come across them.

Cheers,

Baltika

Baltika, sorry if it sounded like I wanted to teach you something or if I sounded arrogant.

I understand time being limited for modding, seriously. As you know, I really enjoyed your BOB mod, and I am glad that finally I have been able to setu it up for patch 08. I am just looking for a simple way to share with the community. What happens is that the community is divided in three category. Modders, like you which ar eknowledgeable and provide the mods. then those that download the mod, are thankful and adapt the mod itself to their likings and need, (I tend to belong to this group) and those that don't know how to, or don't want' or can't setup good installs. Would be nice to offet this latest group an easy way to setup an install, on the other hands, this latter group could work on thier own installs a little bit. On the other hand I don't like boasting "I have a patch 08 BOB install" and not offering a way to setup. Still the very same setup doesn't came over night but after many trials and erros and experiments, therefore each one could make an effort instead of expetcing modders or advanced users togive them everything.

Nevertheless I will try packing a 08 BOB, and will wait for your update.

Anyway, sorry for my musing.

BOB update will be for sure thrown and adpated to my install whenever you release it. I can't thank you enough for BOB

I am quite happy with 109 at the moment, and I am reading the thread. Nice to have a prop-head forum..and nice to finally be able to have WWII installs working againù

Thanks people.

Hi Canadair,

No problem, I think it would be great if your modded BoB Oct 08 install could be made available - I'm just wondering how that could be done.

Thanks for your kind words, but everything I know about modding I learned from the folks round here. The BoB campaign thread shows how the package was developed by everyone contributing ideas and thier own mods - I think it would be great if you could lead us into the 08 patch level for the BoB install.

So keep those ideas coming.

Cheers,

Baltika

Hi Canadair,

No problem, I think it would be great if your modded BoB Oct 08 install could be made available - I'm just wondering how that could be done.

Thanks for your kind words, but everything I know about modding I learned from the folks round here. The BoB campaign thread shows how the package was developed by everyone contributing ideas and thier own mods - I think it would be great if you could lead us into the 08 patch level for the BoB install.

So keep those ideas coming.

Cheers,

Baltika

I have no problem in zipping my whole install in a megaupload package. Should be less or more a 500MB ZIP. The difficult part is extracting all what is needed to make a whole in one install. Not to mention the "copyright" issues, and what is my "special taste" customization

I have no problem in zipping my whole install in a megaupload package. Should be less or more a 500MB ZIP. The difficult part is extracting all what is needed to make a whole in one install. Not to mention the "copyright" issues, and what is my "special taste" customization

I would most sincerely appreciate if you could do that Canadair, I haven't managed to keep up with the latest innovations.

As far as "special taste customization" simply try to point out what they may be, though I suspect what you've done we all might have done (ie: environmental and atmospherics).

Baltika, thank you for keeping BoB on your busy plate. It is a mod that I continue to return to, though I have never managed to finish a campaign--just can't keep enough squadron mates healthy!!!

Come to think of it, shouldn't we be getting replacements in Campaign? Or is that damn Leigh-Mallory hogging all the new pilots???

Come to think of it, shouldn't we be getting replacements in Campaign? Or is that damn Leigh-Mallory hogging all the new pilots???

Hi Bandy, glad to hear from you.

Good point re squadron replacements, I will take a look at it for v0.61.

As promised, here's some screenies from Solomons Islands, Version 3.0 ....

completely retiled using stock WoV tiles, and GH tods (except for cities) A LOT more historically accurate target placement, and several 'repurposed' terrain objects (ok, reskinned P-40s - so there's both RAAF and USAAF - and a edited P38J to create an OD P-38F static)

Shot 1: Rabaul and the reshaped Simpson Harbor (unfortunately, the eastern volcanic peak is missing, sorry!)

Shot 2: Henderson field (under attack! no surprise, huh?), with Tenaru and Lunga rivers

Shot 3: new target area at the to of New Britian, Kavang & the IJN naval base

Obviously, these new cities will need populating, but I'm working on that too.

This is actually going faster than the Tunisia upgrade, as most of the targets have alrady been over-populated, so only about 5-6 need rebuilding.

When??? don't know, but near-term future.

Wrench

kevin stein

Ooooooh! Aaaaah!

Now my RNZAF Dauntless will look really nice flying over that. I might try my hand at a RNZAF P-40 or Corsair. Isn't someone working on a Catalina?

Perhap a watery landing strip Wrench.

Lloyd

Look who's coming for dinner.... :blink:

post-35204-1247996847_thumb.jpg

Escape from berlin mission anybody?

Hey beast

Great idea. What paint programme are you using? I use PSP 9.

If you would like I can give the layered skin files I used for my Toucan skin (without the French markings). That way you could have a silver corrigated skin.

They are pretty big though - 3000x3000.

Lloyd

post-2351-1248390721_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB
  • Like 1

Oh...yes please - :ok:

I use Gimp-

Edited by thebeast0449