Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

No Sound

Okay, I ran FS9 files through a shredder, and re-installed it and I still have no sound for the jets,turboprops,and ATC. Anybody else have this problem and if so how do you fix it?

Firehawkordy

Did you have sound for the stock aircraft included with the sim? I do know that when you addon aircraft, you have to make sure that the sounds are copied to the FS9 Sound directory. And when you do that, you make sure that the sound.cfg file stays in the Sound directory for the respective addon aircraft.

NavyChief

I do know that when you addon aircraft, you have to make sure that the sounds are copied to the FS9 Sound directory.

No you don't. I've never had to do that with any addon to any MS flight sim, unless specifically stated in the addons readme.

As for the original post, make sure you have deleted everything when you uninstall. manually check and make sure the directory has been deleted. Then try reinstalling (full version, not the one where it leaves files on the cd). If that doesn't work, you've stumped me, lol.

Drivers are up to date,the sounds I am refering to are the stock ones.I can fly the A/C,I just dont hear them unless they are props. Thans for everything so far guys.

I know this is a pain in the butt,but do a complete uninstall and then reinstall.I mean a complete uninstall...be sure everything is gone,then check your reg. to make sure it's gone from there also.do a defrag,and make sure all your sound card drivers are up to date...or if they worked before and you had older drivers might install the older set and see if it's a case of this sim doesn't like these drivers.reinstall..and do a FULL install.once installed check your settings.Did they work before you uninstalled it? if so whats changed since you first installed it.

Hey guys, I found the answer to the no sound problem.

I found it here:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaB...;num=1076099974

There is a Codec package mentioned, so I did a search and downloaded it.

30+MB's worth! took three hours but it appears that all my sounds and voices are working.

Hope this will help the next guy with thus problem.

Thanks for all of your help,I tried most of the suggestions that I was capable of doing withwithout killing my system. ;) Again,thanks.