Sign in to follow this  
Winder

Update Status - a wee roadmap

So you were at the Shuttleworth! :good:

Lucky bugger

Cheers,

shredward

We have another winner!

Yes, Old Warden Airfield and the Shuttleworth Collection, May 3, 2009.

The Pup didn't fly that day, but the SE5A and the Bristol F2B did.

What a great collection of early "aeroplanes" as well as some historic WW1 fighters!

post-45932-1246775991_thumb.jpg

post-45932-1246776012_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jimko

Saw the Shuttleworth collection quite a few times in the mid-1970's when I was stationed in England. It was outstanding then, and I am sure it has only gotten better over time, (unlike bottled scotch). :biggrin:

I miss England. I really should go back again.

Cheers!

Lou

Great pics, Jimko!

Thanks for sharing. I'm campaigning with RFC 11 right now, flying a Brisfit. Did you take any pics of the F2b?

Great pics, Jimko!

Thanks for sharing. I'm campaigning with RFC 11 right now, flying a Brisfit. Did you take any pics of the F2b?

Thanks Badgerboy,

I have only one pic of the Brisfit, and not a very good one. There always was a lot of activity around it when I was there.

I was going to post it for you, but I seem to have an issue with my attachment file. I had to delete a lot of earlier screenshot attachments to get these latest ones in and now the attachment file is full again. Problem is, if the uploaded pics are small, I can save more in the attachment file, but if they are too small, they don't open in a very large format for viewing. If they are larger, I can't save many in the attachment file. I must be missing something...since I see that others have many old pics still in their posts while now my earlier screenshots are gone...??

If you're a subscriber to Combat Ace you have a lot more room for attachments. Hence the "Choice Member" by my avatar.

If you're a subscriber to Combat Ace you have a lot more room for attachments. Hence the "Choice Member" by my avatar.

Thanks Cameljockey,

I didn't even realize that the subscription option was available, and I had some trouble finding info on it...duhhh...too bad I didn't find out before I pulled my screenshots as I would rather have left them in!

Oh well...I can subscribe now, once I review the subscription options.

The lower picture of the S.E.5a shows her beauty well.

If you have more of the Brisfit, that would be great.

Thanks for sharing, Jimko!

The lower picture of the S.E.5a shows her beauty well.

If you have more of the Brisfit, that would be great.

Thanks for sharing, Jimko!

I would if I could, Olham, but my attachment file is full as described in my previous post. I have to subscribe, which I haven't done yet, in order to get more room for attachment files.

When I do, I will post a picture or two of the Brisfit and a few other shots that I think are interesting.

Glad that you like them so far. Incredible array of early fliers in the Shuttleworth Collection. The history of it all just hits you when you see them! Of course, the WW1 planes are still my favourites, but I don't know of anywhere that has such a magnificent collection of early 'aeroplanes'.

Appologies to Winder...I have pirated this topic with the pictures. Oops, sorry Winder!

Any more pictures will go into a new post.

Looking forward to your new package.

Bad, bad, Jimko!

:diablo:

Love the wing cut out that's why I modelled that one wasn't too popular apparently a few of the early ones cracked in flight but had to include that :)

Winder,

Sitting Duck, Winston DoRight and I have been testing these models extensively in MP and cataloguing the issues. I'll PM you with all the detailed findings later this weekend.

Thanks for taking the time.

Vasco

In addition to the issues with those two planes, we also noticed something (if not the exact same) issue with the Sopwith Tripe. I can't at the moment recall if it occured with both the single and dual gun varients, but the issue was that if someone tried to join a MP game as a pilot of a Tripe, their game would basically crash to the desktop. There was no mismatch error either, they could actually load the mission, but as soon as they were in the cokpit, BOOM the game would crash.

The host would NOT see this problem though. The MP host CAN fly the Tripe. It also appeared to only occur in Missions, not dogfight mode, but Sitting Duck or Stump_jumper could probably speak on this matter with more authority as I wasn't able to do much testing the past few weeks.

From what I have heard, this is the same issue that seems to plague the 1/2 Strutter and the Neuport 17 with Lewis.

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

We think most of those issues are because you are mixing some players running via the manager and some via cfs3.exe. The manager does a LOT of work including loading our fixes and massive improvements for AI etc.

I would make sure all are using the same version, same DM, no changed craft, all via the OFF manager - i.e. ALL identical setups then see.

If you run cfs3.exe then our AI is not active either.

Because of my released MP autoinstaller we do now have consistency across the board with Damage Models, planes and game version. That was the very core reason for my making such a utility, but one thing my autoinstaller, of course, can't enforce is how someone tries to get into MP itself.

I will say that, by and large, most people have to launch MP via the OFF panel since trying to load just cf3.exe can sometimes fail to get you into the MP mode properly (the infamous only one "medal" shown issue). Still, you have given us something new to test and we will certainly let you know if there is a connection with this or not.

Having said that, why would it only affect certain planes and not others? I suppose that would that be due to some other code changes loaded via the OFF Manager that perhaps only certain planes have?

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

Question

When starting from off manager, selecting multiplayer, once you get to the point where you see the framed pic of the 3 pilots exitting the barrocks (cfs3mp is now starting), have all the files that the offmanger needs to generate/modifiy been completed?

Question

When starting from off manager, selecting multiplayer, once you get to the point where you see the framed pic of the 3 pilots exitting the barrocks (cfs3mp is now starting), have all the files that the offmanger needs to generate/modifiy been completed?

no

Its soon after when you see the WW1 Initialising screen

HTH

WM

Winder,

Further to Sitting Duck, Winston DoRight and my report earlier we reran the tests ensuring each of us ran multiplayer via the OFF Manager. Our findings are as follows:

The Nieuport 17 Vickers, both versions of the Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter and the Sopwith Triplane 2-gun (tested as a result of Madmatt's post) all exhibited the following behaviours:

Host: No issues - the aircraft could be flown and viewed as intended.

Clients: When attempting to join a multiplayer mission as a pilot in any of these aircraft the the game crashed back to the OFF Manager main screen. When joining the game in any other aircraft, the above named planes were invisible except for the aircraft label which was corrupted. The screenshots below illustrate the problem

In each of these tests, the host was Sitting Duck and the clients were Winstion DoRight and I.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Vasco

Correction to the post above - It is the Nieuport 17 LEWIS that is corrupted, not the Vickers version as posted.

What happened to the edit button?

this is what the host saw,,,in this case for the strutter1b1,,,,all the planes are visible, and labels are all correct...

gallery_45808_317_151350.jpg

Winder,

Further to Sitting Duck, Winston DoRight and my report earlier we reran the tests ensuring each of us ran multiplayer via the OFF Manager. Our findings are as follows:

The Nieuport 17 Vickers, both versions of the Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter and the Sopwith Triplane 2-gun (tested as a result of Madmatt's post) all exhibited the following behaviours:

Host: No issues - the aircraft could be flown and viewed as intended.

Clients: When attempting to join a multiplayer mission as a pilot in any of these aircraft the the game crashed back to the OFF Manager main screen. When joining the game in any other aircraft, the above named planes were invisible except for the aircraft label which was corrupted. The screenshots below illustrate the problem

In each of these tests, the host was Sitting Duck and the clients were Winstion DoRight and I.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Vasco

Thanks guys,

I will personally test those three craft soon in MP.

We are doing a craft update after the cloud fix patch is out so if I can do something it will be in that update.

HTH

WM

THANKS WM I KNOW MP WASN HIGH ON THE DEV TEAM LIST BUT WE DO APPRECIATE THE HELP

Because of my released MP autoinstaller we do now have consistency across the board with Damage Models, planes and game version. That was the very core reason for my making such a utility, but one thing my autoinstaller, of course, can't enforce is how someone tries to get into MP itself.

I will say that, by and large, most people have to launch MP via the OFF panel since trying to load just cf3.exe can sometimes fail to get you into the MP mode properly (the infamous only one "medal" shown issue). Still, you have given us something new to test and we will certainly let you know if there is a connection with this or not.

Having said that, why would it only affect certain planes and not others? I suppose that would that be due to some other code changes loaded via the OFF Manager that perhaps only certain planes have?

Madmatt

Good stuff Madmatt. No idea why it affects those craft especially tbh, - they do both have longish names .. mm. But could be absolutely anything we'll look anyway as WM says.

Good stuff Madmatt. No idea why it affects those craft especially tbh, - they do both have longish names .. mm. But could be absolutely anything we'll look anyway as WM says.

Noticed the long file names too,,,so we did a test on the fokker dii oaw also, almost hoping we would get the same results as the other planes, but unfortunalty,,we didnt,,,,

Winder,

As the host never has a problem with these planes in multiplayer, you are going to have to join an mp game in order to see the problem. If you dont have 2 computers to do this, Im sure one of us would be honored to put up a game for you to join....

personally,,i would love to be able to say i shoot down the "big tuna".......

A very good new for the best Ww1 simulator !!!

Only a question : will be possible download the purchased new add on, becouse I'm in Italy and it's better to dowmload that wayting for the shipped dvd !!!

Thanks for your fantastic job !!!