Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Hockey And The Birth Of Aviation????

In the New York Times today, there was an interesting article about Hockey players and their teeth. Basically it was a bunch of BS about lost teeth. But at the bottom of the article, a little splurge had to do with Wilbur Wright.

He got a few teeth knocked out while playing pucks in his native Ohio, and became mentally and physically ill. Apparently he became bed ridden from the accident, and filled his time by reading tech and mech mags/books. Soon there after he and his brother started toying with flight.

Just a little tid bit of info from a huge hockey fan/player and aviation enthusiast

<C>

Saffell

Yeh, nice story. I'm also hockey and plane freak.

Wich famous pilots and aviators do more icehockey? Lindbergh? Armstrong?

Salute

Dutchy

Heh, that's ironic. The university I'll be going to to study aviation (University of North Dakota, majoring in Commercial Aviation) also has the Division I ice hockey champions, lol.