Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Widowmaker is coming....

Yehaw! :biggrin:

Finally pursuaded my long suffering wife to take a trip to the USofA (sorry Egypt...you blew it sunshine!)...explained to her, that there is more to life, than sitting by a pool...covering yourself in cooking oil, and sticking a piece of string up yer crack!

Hopefully next year..... We want to go on a one week Ranching Holiday...and then Camping and Fishing for the second week. ( Real Country Folk)...cities do NOT appeal!

Suggestions and Ideas very welcome you yank chaps!!! :good:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Finally pursuaded my long suffering wife to take a trip to the USofA (sorry Egypt...you blew it sunshine!)...explained to her, that there is more to life, than sitting by a pool...covering yourself in cooking oil, and sticking a piece of string up yer crack!

I take it then that obviously you won't be coming to visit me in Florida. :haha:

Hellshade

Hopefully next year..... We want to go on a one week Ranching Holiday...and then Camping and Fishing for the second week. ( Real Country Folk)...cities do NOT appeal!

Good plan! A lot will depend what time of year you come. Then we can point you where. i,e, unless you mean ice fishing. Also what kind of ranch? Cattle or Emu or Chicken ? :biggrin:

Minnesota is the great are of fishing and camping. You are welcome up my way. I live for camping and fishing, will be at it next week, then again in late July and once again in mid August. Check out this spot, just one hour from my home http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/itasca/index.html

It is where I will be camping and fishing for bluegills and rainbow trout mostly.

Yanks, beware - 'Crumpets' over America! (Lol!)

Just wanted to recommend the Smithsonian Institute, Washington, but then I saw "no cities" -

Whereever you will go - have fun and enjoy the time, Widowmaker!

reminds me of "cityslickers" with billy crystal :tumbleweed:

Good plan! A lot will depend what time of year you come. Then we can point you where. i,e, unless you mean ice fishing. Also what kind of ranch? Cattle or Emu or Chicken ? :biggrin:

hahaha...Yes, it will be either July or August of 2010

My wife and son are very much into Horses, and would like to do the Cattle herding, whip cracking, lasso throwing Cowboy stuff!

me?,,Just give me Ras's Bluegill fishin' :biggrin:

If you miss a stop in Massachusetts, I will spend all my time in Multi-Player until I track your sorry butt down! True, there's not a lot here on the South Coast of Mass. to attract a worldly Brit like yourself; just miles of rolling countryside, rugged coastline, beaches, tons of lobster and cold beer, but hey!, Sitting Duck is just up the road in Boston., Surely we can cobbled together something entertaining?

Teach those rebellious colonists some proper British manners, Widowmaker! :biggrin:

I've never visited the United States but I plan to do so one day before I get too old to endure the long flights there and back again. There would be so much to see there for me as a history buff. I'd like to visit some of the most famous Civil War and Independence War battlefields, for starters.

Hope for their sakes you haven't picked up a geordie accent since you've been living up in this part of the world, hinny! :no:

Y'all come on down to Texas...though closer to spring or fall than the summer, otherwise you'll bake.

There's a lot of places to go if you're into that cowboy thang, plus fishin' and camping. Big Bend has some beautiful area...and if you're into plane spotting...there's a low level in the hills that B-1Bs use...you can actually LOOK DOWN on a B-1 as it goes by at 540+ knots...

FC

Based on your stated interests, you can't go wrong here: http://www.yosemite.com/

Great link, thanks..looks really good!...thanks for all your input guys, please keep them coming..they all help a lot!

Blugills on a Fly Rod put up a helluva scrap, no reason to go fancy, 1/2 a garden worm on a #12 hook should do the trick. Remove the hook from his mouth with a Locking Surgical Forcept. I'd say come down to Florida, but in July it's Hot . . Like Hell on Earth, Texas is a little better, but not much

The Rich from Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, New York, and all of New England, plus more than a few from Canada come down here for December thru April, then vanishing till next December. We call them Snow Birds . . they are 45% of our population

Growing up in Florida, I never really noticed. Now, visiting my parents there...yea, I notice!

Plus, I don't remember there being quite so many pastels....

FC

If ya want to be a cowboy and all. Texas, or Wyoming would be your states. But Califoria has 'everything' :biggrin: Mountains, Ocean, Forrests, Rivers, etc. Just stay north of San Francisco and you can avoid all the "city-slickers" down in southern California. Northern california is almost its own state. 1/6 the population with ten times the natural beauty. lol I feel like one of those. "visit califonia" commercials. hehe

S! HOmeboy

If ya want to be a cowboy and all. Texas, or Wyoming would be your states. But Califoria has 'everything' :biggrin: Mountains, Ocean, Forrests, Rivers, etc. Just stay north of San Francisco and you can avoid all the "city-slickers" down in southern California. Northern california is almost its own state. 1/6 the population with ten times the natural beauty. lol I feel like one of those. "visit califonia" commercials. hehe

S! HOmeboy

I second that! Im in lake county,Mac, where you be?

The Experimental Aircraft Association convention is in Oshkosh, Wisconsin in late July/early August. Lots of warbirds, mainly WW2 but an occasional WW1 replica as well. We don't have any dude ranches in Wisconsin, just dairy cattle. We do have great fishing in northern WI and of course there's Lake Michigan.

One word: Wyoming.

Great wide open country, mountains, streams and rivers. Hardly a city for hundreds of miles! Go rent the movie, "A River Runs Through It." Although the movie takes place about 100 years ago, it shows off some of the beautiful scenery that hasn't changed very much at all. And if you are a fly fisherman....

Although I live in Ohio, I'm thinking I might join you!

Make certain that you check out the web sites of the 'dude ranches' in Arizona (Tucson mainly) and Northern New Mexico!

PIED

Edited by pied

Nevada, Area 51, Groom Lake could be interesting. Remember Boston has the USS Constitution.

Guest British_eh

Well, there is vast expanse called CANADA, which my brother, ( living in Epsom, Surrey) can equally vouch for.

A msut see is from Calgary thru the Rocky Mountains, Fairmont Hot Springs, thru the Okanagan valley, and onto Vancouver and Victoria. The OK valley, has lakes with fishing, boating, water skiing, seadoo's, horseback riding,and then there are wineries, picturesque valleys, and comfortable B & B's.

Been all over Western Europe and South, and this is truly a wonderful spot. Sort of depends on what you like.

No good Air Museums here though, you'd have to go to Ottawa for that, and you already have Hendon and Duxford, so ?

Good Luck.

Cheers,

British_eh