Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

A Sober Moment

Sometimes something unexpected happens in our little world.

I have had several experiences with talks of weapon delivery and flight envelopes suddenly sidetracking and becomming the beginnings of what i now think of as friendships even though we have never met i might never meet.

But in the day to day buisness of being a sim-head you might be caught up mostly in screenshots and patch guides. But many of us probably enjoy the moments when a joke or an insight makes us feel that we "see" the person on the other end.

Today there is a post on the Ubi boards that shook me up some . Its not funny or entertaining. But it touched me. Read it here

If i'm being too sentimental for your liking then just move on with the simming - the rest of us will join you in a moment.

Regards,

GhostDog

Thanks for sharing that link. That was a very moving story. A situation like that really puts things in perspective. I wish him peace ..

Knife21

Thank you GhostDog for the link to that thread. I don't remember ever being so emotionaly affected by a thread on the internet before, but this one brought tears to my eyes. Really put some perspective in my life, and I will never forget it. I hope and pray Robin goes in peace.

Cretin, you hit the nail right on the head. There are heroes without medals all around us every day.

Wow.... what a thread.

If there's one thing I learned very early in life it's to never take anything or anyone for granted.

It makes ya feel good ya know, to know these things are more than simply "games" they are a way to communicate, great post. And for that kid Robin, <S> buddy.

Wow.

What a moving post. Added my tiny bit. And hope my help on this project was of some

small contribution to Robin's enjoyment. Really.

Wow...

I can't stop crying....(no BS) :( It's just like when you graduate school, 8th grade, 12th grade, college, all your friends are leaving you and you'll never see them again.....this thought has been on my mind for several days now,and you NEVER, EVER, take ANYTHING for granted....aw gee, I really can't stop being sad. But there's the problem, once this person dies, his family will want him back. But you cannot hold on to the past. You must put it behind you and move on. You see, very many people spend their time dwelling in the past like myself. We cherish the memories and the friends we've made over the years. But every good thing must come to an end. Nothing lasts forever. Too much of a good thing is bad, no matter how you look at it. You must put the past behind you and worry about the present. If you stayed in the past, you'd never really get to do anything new now would you? You'd have no more cherisable memories, no more new friends, you'd just be stuck, in the past dwelling on what will possibly never come back. My heart goes out to this man and his familt. S! :(

God never leaves us. Commune with Him and you will find everything and everyone you ever thought you lost. All things have their existence in Him.