Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

crash back to player game screen

Althought it doesnt seem to happen all the time, the game crashes back to the the pilot screen. For example, id be getting shot to bits and headed down to the ground in the game.then I am back at the start of the mission. Somtimes it does make sense and I am listed as injured ( the crash look KIA to me) and given 17 days to recouperate. Any advice ? :yes:

yeah I have the same issue... flying a mission , get shot to pieces when I hit the ground or get close to it rather than seeing my mangled corpse laying there

I get kicked out of the mission immediately and puts me back to the mission debrief... doesn't abend, it's like it skips the crash and immediately ends the mission...

Vista 64 bit SP1 4GB RAM... could this be a Vista issue?

Edited by Mike_Toth

Hopefully you chaps can get an 'official' reply here. But from my experience, if you machine is shot up to a point that it can no longer sustain flight, OFF will end your mission right then. Can be a bit of an immersion killer as there are times in which it ends the mission quite prematurely. I dont think this is a bug, more than just how the game functions. It 'would' be nice if you could ride it all the way down, but sometimes you are not given that option. Hope that helps, and no its not YOUR computer or game, it works this way for us all. :biggrin:

Thanks for the Reply Mack.... just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug.......

Yep if the craft WILL crash as it's uncontrollable, or you are dead, it will exit after a few seconds. We will look at possibly adding further options but for now that's how it is.

:good: Thanks, I can live with that answere. I naturally thought it was my computer because it seems to over heat the processor temp goes from 34 to 54 after a few flights then the game seems to become unstable My other games work fine Slient Hunter III and IV and BOB II winged victory ( There is a lot for the processor to do in that airplane game furballs with up to 100 planes). :blink:

OFF will cook your CPU more than many as it's quite CPU intensive program. So if you over clock, maybe take it down a notch - it can overheat things a little more than some programs, and that can cause it to exit too yes, it can also cook memory and GPU more too.