Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

OFF BH&H MiniPATCH 1.31L is now available!

8th JULY 2009

MiniPATCH 1.31L is now available!

Please see the Downloads section on our website for full details.

http://www.overflandersfields.com

This will update v1.30c to V1.31L

NOTE: You must have already updated to 1.30 and then 1.30c before applying this patch!

After much nashing of teeth and research we are proud to present the following important improvements:

Improvements and Fixes in V1.31L

1) Cloud fix - severe tumbling when in thunder or other heavy clouds reduced to small turbulence!

(now you can fly through clouds with AI in formation!)

2) User FOV settings (Field-of-View) for Virtual Cockpit!

3) Misc changes in Manager

4) Reduced Hollywood type yellow explosion effect on crashing craft!

I'm going to get it now! Later! :pilotfly:

CJ

CJ I am confused - are you getting it now or later? Make up your mind man!

WM

That was quick and painless! I wish I could say the same about my dentist! I'm free! I'm going to fly through some clouds!

Edited by Cameljockey

CJ I am confused - are you getting it now or later? Make up your mind man!

WM

He's just too excited as am I! Later.

Now, clouds DO have a silver lining!

I flew through clouds as a combat strategy!! I lost my bearings but I also lost the Dr 1 on my tail and I came out alive and prepared to fight instead of in an unrecoverable spin. I assume clouds set to 5 helped me actually lose the Dr 1. You guys just opened a whole new set of air combat strategies. Instead of avoiding clouds like the grim reaper, now I can USE THEM to escape overwhelming numbers or a particularly fierce opponent. Nothing is off limits in the sky anymore, just a bit more dangerous. Simply amazing. The default view, complete with workshop settings is also just brilliant.

Best money I ever spent on a game. Period.

Hellshade

Downloaded, installed, and working GREAT! Thanks Pol. :good:

Cheers!

Lou

MP pilots.....

This is what me vasco and winston found from doing mp after installing patch.. If anyone gets anything different,,,please post results.

1.30l has this effect on mp...

mismatch on all aircraft. This can be resolved by reinstalling hardcore damage model. This still results in a mismatch with gotha and zepplin. However, we did get them back by taking them out of the aircraft folder, reruning the hardcore damage model, and putting the zepplin and gottha back in....

Reinstalling hardcore dm seems to overwrite the changes made by the patch for fov.....at least i could not see any difference,,, but, if after reinstalling haredcore dm you go into workshop, and make changes to fov,,,,you will get a mismatch again on all aircraft...seems that even setting fov back to default does not resolve problem. Reinstalling hardcore dm gets you back to a point where there are no mismatchs.

Edited by sitting_duck

Great guys thanks for the feedback.

Yes I remember in P1 development, describing one of the first combats I had and dived through huge cloud to lose an Alb on my tail, came out the bottom no enemy then saw him pop out the cloud a few 100 ft away, great moment looking up at that. Must have been lucky then though as never dared since ;)

Mm on the MP then it looks like you need to just have exactly the same installs not modded no FOV chanegs. Or someone sets them and then you pass that "standard" defined set around to use. Not much we can do about that.

Must be down to date on the XDP.. If you change FOV it will actually alter all XDPs. Even if you all do same amendments, the dates will be wrong compared to someone else who hit the FOV button some other date..

Must be down to date on the XDP.. If you change FOV it will actually alter all XDPs. Even if you all do same amendments, the dates will be wrong compared to someone else who hit the FOV button some other date..

Can you clairfy the comment about the date on the xdp file? The game acutally compares the date of the files, and irregardless if the xdp files are identical, that will cause a mismatch?

What a wonderful way to start this morning! Excellent work and support guys! :biggrin:

Never ceasing to amaze us. Thanks OBD!

Thank you for your support!

Can you clairfy the comment about the date on the xdp file? The game acutally compares the date of the files, and irregardless if the xdp files are identical, that will cause a mismatch?

I have no idea on how CFS3 compares XDPS for MP just an idea. But as you know it is very fussy about differences (even when they are the same anyway!)

If you have the same FOV.. and the same XDPs otherwise, only difference must be date? i.e. when you modified FOV.

Guest British_eh

Thank you Pol and Winder for the update, soon to be DL, and of course the MP info.

I have been reading several new books, yes mostly about the DR1, but also info from our very own excellent source, Bletchley, and the Forum at The Aerodrome.

REQUEST to be considered:

Is there any way to "unlock" the AI from an attack? It seems quite clear, especially in an SE5a, or a late Spad, or a DR1, that speed, or climbing ability, could get you free and clear of an engagement, to live another day. While the settings that can be tweaked in P3 are certainly exceptional to tailor make your day, this is a critical component that is realated to Realism, that would be a significant positive adaptation to making this sim even more immersive and realistic.

Is it all CFS3 hardcoding? Can it be done?

Regards,

British_eh

Fantastic improvements as always guys. Thanks!!!!

Do want to thank the devs for taking the time for devloping a patch that without a doubt served the majority of pilots. Don't think there is another game out there where the users get anywhere near this much support.

Do want to thank the devs for taking the time for devloping a patch that without a doubt served the majority of pilots. Don't think there is another game out there where the users get anywhere near this much support.

Yes there is: Aces High :biggrin:

Thank you Pol and Winder for the update, soon to be DL, and of course the MP info.

I have been reading several new books, yes mostly about the DR1, but also info from our very own excellent source, Bletchley, and the Forum at The Aerodrome.

REQUEST to be considered:

Is there any way to "unlock" the AI from an attack? It seems quite clear, especially in an SE5a, or a late Spad, or a DR1, that speed, or climbing ability, could get you free and clear of an engagement, to live another day. While the settings that can be tweaked in P3 are certainly exceptional to tailor make your day, this is a critical component that is realated to Realism, that would be a significant positive adaptation to making this sim even more immersive and realistic.

Is it all CFS3 hardcoding? Can it be done?

Regards,

British_eh

Not at the moment British, it's been discussed a few times now, we are aware and will look at some point to see IF it's possible. Yes it is CFS3 handling that.

Cheers

Pol

Hello,

thanks for that patch !

Just installed and flew two sorties, the cloud effects are indeed better to fly through now, as well the screens within the OFF manager seemed to somehow react faster now - or is it just me ? :haha:

Thanks for your support,

Greetings,

Catfish

I flew through clouds as a combat strategy!! I lost my bearings but I also lost the Dr 1 on my tail and I came out alive and prepared to fight instead of in an unrecoverable spin. I assume clouds set to 5 helped me actually lose the Dr 1.

That means the AI can not see through clouds unlike in other flight simulators (which have it wrong)? Could the devs please comment on this?

Thanks guys; of all the things in OFF this seemed to be the only big, irritating, problem that frequently ruined a career prematurely, but you solved it!

Cheers!

:ok:

&

Hip-Hip-Hoorah!!! :clapping::good: