Sign in to follow this  
Broadside uda Barn

Installation procedure for CFS3 and OFF and extras

Having spent a fruitless few hours tracking down software for my SWFF2 joystick yesterday, I was thinking that I could save a lot of headaches that are looming on the horizon.

I have a whole bunch of stuff here that needs installing (CH pedals, TrackIR 5,) or will need installing (CFS3 and OFF are still in transit somewhere).

With that in mind, I would really appreciate any tips that anyone has regarding installing these programs/items!

Also, is there a particular procedure for installing CFS3, it's patch, OFF, and it's patches?

Thanks for any input!

Broadside

Edited by Broadside uda Barn

Guest British_eh

All is answered at OFF, click on advert above, and/or by Uncleal

Cheers,

British_eh

Yeah Bub,

(heehee..no offence...short for Broadside uda Barn) the tips and hints/FAQS page has a bit on the procedure. I also have to do a complete install as I just got my new computer. :biggrin:

CH Pedals are strictly "plug 'n play", unlike some other items.

The SWFF2 stick is also plug and play. No need to use the installation software, just plug it in and it works (on my system anyway). Assign keys from within the CSF3 engine.

Basically installing OFF is super simple. Put in the disk and follow the instructions. It asks for the CSF3 disks at the appropriate time and everything.

OK, thanks everyone!

I had read a couple of posts regarding installation and seeing things like having to start CFS3 once

before loading OFF, making adjustments to the OFF controls for pedals, virtual cockpit stuff...etc.

I'll make sure and just follow the steps from the directions.

I got the pedals working, the stick working, and starting on TrackIR now. Have to use RoF (it's not that bad...very enjoyable, tho very challenging because the GUI is not intuitive at all) to test everything, as am still waiting for OFF :fie:

Should be all good by the time OFF arrives!

Yeah Bub,

(heehee..no offence...short for Broadside uda Barn)

:biggrin:

Heh! It's better than Barney, and MUCH better than BS. BuB works, but my friends all call me

Uda....ok, that's not true, except maybe after a couple of beers.

There really is no need for the SWFF software at all. The FF effects are FANTASTIC in OFF, and I must say are much better than RoF.

No need for any CH software either, unless someone can recommend it for some reason?

And for anyone who is installing/reinstalling OFF, the instructions in the FAQ are very detailed. Only things I didnt see were turning off the twist in your stick if you have pedals (it's in the tips/cheats thread I think).

Inverting the pedals was easy, thanks to the faq.

There isnt anything in the FAQ about desk fans...my tip (and you can add this to the tips/cheats file uncleal): Make sure that your desk fan is blowing slightly higher than your eyes, or your contact lenses will dry out. Option: purchase a good set of

Goggles!

and with that in mind:

Thanks for the Faq and all the help in getting OFF up and running everyone! I'm ready to start the campaign I think. gonna have to be british...the Se5a is the plane to fly, since I cant keep a spad in the air. Fokkers are great, but who wants to drink warm beer???

Uda

Edited by Broadside uda Barn