Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

What to do for multiplayer after patch 1.31 L

Until another fix is available, here's what to do for multiplayer after you install MiniPATCH 1.31L

ALERT! After you've installed the MiniPATCH 1.31L trying to enter a multiplayer game will result in "aircraft mismatch" errors. Before joining any multiplayer sessions you must do the following IF you have installed patch 1.31L If you have not installed this new patch, you probably need to do nothing. Try joining as usual through the OFF manager.

All MP sessions will now be run from the OFF Manager. Please, no more entering through the CFS3MP.exe executable.

1. After installing the MiniPATCH 1.31L, feel free to play around with the new FOV settings in workshop. When you are done experimenting with this, please write down your new favorite FOV settings to use when playing single player as this is what's causing the problems entering MP. We are now going to restore MP capabilities in the next step.

2. Re-run the Hardcore Damage model, followed by Madmatt's essential MP autoinstaller program, IN THAT ORDER.

You should now be able to enter a multiplayer game without the mismatch errors. Just remember, from now on everytime you change your FOV in workshop you'll have to do step 2 over again before multiplayer.

It is my sincere hope that the OFF team will start to test for multiplayer functionality before releasing new patches. It is my greatest fear that some day the multiplayer problems will have accumulated to a level that they cannot be fixed at all. Let's all hope that doesn't happen and that multiplayer issues will soon be addressed with some of their time and energy given to this most important aspect of the game. Maybe a patch or two just for multiplayer?

Until another fix is available, here's what to do for multiplayer after you install MiniPATCH 1.31L

ALERT! After you've installed the MiniPATCH 1.31L trying to enter a multiplayer game will result in "aircraft mismatch" errors. Before joining any multiplayer sessions you must do the following IF you have installed patch 1.31L If you have not installed this new patch, you probably need to do nothing. Try joining as usual through the OFF manager.

All MP sessions will now be run from the OFF Manager. Please, no more entering through the CFS3MP.exe executable.

1. After installing the MiniPATCH 1.31L, feel free to play around with the new FOV settings in workshop. When you are done experimenting with this, please write down your new favorite FOV settings to use when playing single player as this is what's causing the problems entering MP. We are now going to restore MP capabilities in the next step.

2. Re-run the Hardcore Damage model, followed by Madmatt's essential MP autoinstaller program, IN THAT ORDER.

You should now be able to enter a multiplayer game without the mismatch errors. Just remember, from now on everytime you change your FOV in workshop you'll have to do step 2 over again before multiplayer.

It is my sincere hope that the OFF team will start to test for multiplayer functionality before releasing new patches. It is my greatest fear that some day the multiplayer problems will have accumulated to a level that they cannot be fixed at all. Let's all hope that doesn't happen and that multiplayer issues will soon be addressed with some of their time and energy given to this most important aspect of the game. Maybe a patch or two just for multiplayer?

There was no aircraft update at all in this patch.

No files were changed at all relating to aircraft hence no mismatches.

I think its clear that you have to set FOV to default for all craft to match?

Default is clearly stated in the settings. All you need do is press a button.

All this does is change the FOV you do not need to reinstall any DM when reverting to normal - please test again

If it is the case then might I suggest MP users not change FOV?

After all you never had the function before?

HTH

WM

Having said all this in testing MP my second PC is always identical to my main PC so yes it all works fine here.

However I suspect that CFS3 may be comparing date stamps of files (I never knew this) in which case reverting FOV to normal will not allow connection.

I feel I must add that MP in CFS3 is pretty broken and we have managed to keep it as alive as possible - for example I cannot even get a CFS3 MP game running anymore as it gives mismatch errors even with all craft identical.

If anyone here can get CFS3 to work in MP please let me know how you do it.

OFF still works in MP.

There was no aircraft update at all in this patch.

No files were changed at all relating to aircraft hence no mismatches.

I think its clear that you have to set FOV to default for all craft to match?

Default is clearly stated in the settings. All you need do is press a button.

All this does is change the FOV you do not need to reinstall any DM when reverting to normal - please test again

If it is the case then might I suggest MP users not change FOV?

After all you never had the function before?

HTH

WM

Having said all this in testing MP my second PC is always identical to my main PC so yes it all works fine here.

However I suspect that CFS3 may be comparing date stamps of files (I never knew this) in which case reverting FOV to normal will not allow connection.

I feel I must add that MP in CFS3 is pretty broken and we have managed to keep it as alive as possible - for example I cannot even get a CFS3 MP game running anymore as it gives mismatch errors even with all craft identical.

If anyone here can get CFS3 to work in MP please let me know how you do it.

OFF still works in MP.

I will reply to myself on this - assuming its a date stamp issue - I will look into storing the XDPs and BDPs and reverting between them for MP purposes.

Something along those lines...

HTH

WM

How about storing a common file set for MP in one folder as an archive and swap them out via the current files (SP) when entering MP and restore the current files when leaving MP? Of course this means a second archive folder for the current (SP) files that are swapped out. Also a spearate button in Workshops to reset to SP standards in case someone had a DTD while playing MP?

How about storing a common file set for MP in one folder as an archive and swap them out via the current files (SP) when entering MP and restore the current files when leaving MP? Of course this means a second archive folder for the current (SP) files that are swapped out. Also a spearate button in Workshops to reset to SP standards in case someone had a DTD while playing MP?

Yes I will have this ready for the upcoming aircraft update.

Best

WM

I believe the only files you have to worry about are the xdp files, not the entire folder for each aircraft. At least, that is all I have had to worry about for my IDM. So this should cut down considerably on the work and storage space needed for alternate xdp's.

I believe the only files you have to worry about are the xdp files, not the entire folder for each aircraft. At least, that is all I have had to worry about for my IDM. So this should cut down considerably on the work and storage space needed for alternate xdp's.

Indeed - I will be implementing this and testing over next few days.

HTH

WM

I was getting these mismatch errors after every new patch, the way to fix it for me was for all concerned to reinstall OFF and then patch to the newest version, this fixed the MP mismatch errors 100% of the time.