Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

request for F-4E skin..

One more request..hows about an F-4E skin for the VMFA-232..please. :D

One more request..hows about an F-4E skin for the VMFA-232..please. :D

Something along these lines?

Edit: Pic deleted. See below.

EXACTLY!! Looks sweet!

I think I like yours better, Fast Eagle. The Devil insignia looks better on the side. And the black trim around the cockpit always look good.

Damn. There is something about the Phantom that screams, "Let's get this sh*t ON!" :twisted:

Damn. There is something about the Phantom that screams, "Let's get this sh*t ON!"

Hammer, meet nail

You sure hit the nail right on the head with that thought.

My sentiments exactly

a copy of a decal set for a model plane...if it helps any...

ishmaelf148006b.jpg

ishmaelf148006a.jpg

this plane looks like the one you found, but I guess you can pot the devil where ever you like, like the photo I found

Damn. There is something about the Phantom that screams, "Let's get this sh*t ON!"

Hammer, meet nail

You sure hit the nail right on the head with that thought.

My sentiments exactly

My copies of "McDonnell F-4 Phantom: Spirit in the Skies" and the NATOPS Manual for the F-4J arrived today, so I am in Phantom heaven!

Here's a work-in-progress shot:

vmfa232small.jpg

Still a lot to do, including some tweaking on the VMFA-232 font and the Red Devil badge, but I think this one will turn out nice. Look for it to be finished this weekend.

WOW!! Thanks Column!! The Devils REALLY appricate your hard work! another question..can you get that devils face on the intakes? Just wondering,that half white,half red looks neat!

uh you guys know there is one in the downloads area, right??

it's a B model,and this is a E model. I have the B model and it looks great I just wanted another option when it comes time to fly.

The skins are interchangable to I think havent tried it yet, but you should rename them.

Fort Wayne Wild Weasel..I grew up there...

Guest Ranger332

Dont mean to belittle your effort but isent this one already done?23.gif

found in the download section on this very site. Ive had this skin for a few weeks now (thinking of modifying it to make a modern "Redtails" of WW2 fame.plane2.jpg

I didn't know Coyote had one out. Although I'm eventually going to skin every USN and USMC squadron that flew the Phantom, I've been focusing mainly on squadrons that have not been done yet. Oh well, we'll just have two VMFA-232 skins available! Maybe I'll move the Red Devil insignia to the tail so they will not be completely identical.

Also, as Weasel_87FIS said I've been skinning the F-4B. I assumed that dagger's request for an F-4E was a typo since USMC markings on an F-4E would be historcally inaccurate. Sorry Dagger, that's what I get for making assumptions. :oops:

Guest Ranger332

img00024.jpg

img00023.jpgOk sorry it took so long was playing in gamespy.

IN Tribute of the 332 FG 99 FS of WW2

Dont sweat it column5 it wouldnt be the first time we put out skins that were the same...its just great minds think alike! :D

Dont sweat it column5 it wouldnt be the first time we put out skins that were the same...its just great minds think alike!  :D

:D

FWIW, I finished my VMFA-232 skin:

vmfa232.jpg

As a bonus feature, I've included name tag decals below the canopy. These come blank, but if you have photoshop or a similar program you should be able to easily open the files and add names to them. The real squadron appears to have used a white "font" on the red background.

Thanks!! looks great!