Hi,

I 've searched the DB far and wide and i cant' find any detailed description about sound mods in sfp2v, as i understand it at the moment, mods go into mods folders that i have created in the saved game folder,BUT i don't know, despite my "experiments", where each file goes.

For example, the WAV file goes into the "sounds "folder,after backing up i think, and the only other file the SOUNDLIST.ini goes in the flight folder, would i need any other file to make the mod work/ do i need to do any editing anywhere?

I thought i understood the file structure but this blond moment has lasted a full day now ... :biggrin:

Hi,

I 've searched the DB far and wide and i cant' find any detailed description about sound mods in sfp2v, as i understand it at the moment, mods go into mods folders that i have created in the saved game folder,BUT i don't know, despite my "experiments", where each file goes.

For example, the WAV file goes into the "sounds "folder,after backing up i think, and the only other file the SOUNDLIST.ini goes in the flight folder, would i need any other file to make the mod work/ do i need to do any editing anywhere?

I thought i understood the file structure but this blond moment has lasted a full day now ... :biggrin:

It depends on what the sound mod is for. If it's an aircraft engine sound, you need to make sure the data.ini for that aircraft calls out the new sound. If it's a weapon effect sound (flak explosion), you have to make sure the effect entry is at the bottom of the .ini file for the weapon so it knows to use the new sound.

Which sound mod are you having problems with?

It depends on what the sound mod is for. If it's an aircraft engine sound, you need to make sure the data.ini for that aircraft calls out the new sound. If it's a weapon effect sound (flak explosion), you have to make sure the effect entry is at the bottom of the .ini file for the weapon so it knows to use the new sound.

Which sound mod are you having problems with?

Its the "windloop" sound mod, thinking about it it's quite an old mod and it may not go with this version, but the bit rates etc all seem to be spot on.