EricJ

Super Hornet Package for SF2 v4.1

hi guys , awesome made models and very fun to fly exept for F-18F Block 2 I cant control FLAPS , usal F to lower or rise FLAPS doesnt work for some reasone under SF2NA (only) I dont heve anything else ,any idea ?

well cant see them down once I lower the gears , I bouncing on the carier with around 180-200 to get it somwhat controled the nose attends to drop down below 180 , its prety much hard work to get it on the carrier , while there is no problems and it is very smooth with F-14 A/B/D because the flaps are in landing position

and something else on the same modela I only fly F-18F Block 2 for now ,looks like the ILS lines are missing on the HUD on final aproach hovewer they are visible on the LEFT MFD ,is this ment to be so ? Im pretty sure that ILS lines on landing are visible on the HUD on every real FA-18here is a nice view of the HUD :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYeTVed-qAY

All flaps are automatic so all you have to worry about is just hitting the deck. And its not difficult trapping with the Super, no matter what version.

Just getting back on this pony, and wondering where the loose 'CanopyGlassTemplate.tga' file should be placed. and what is it's purpose?

Edited by Platinum Rogue
lacking detail

put one in each skin folder, can't hurt!

Can't hurt... I've had too many porked installs to believe that one :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm guessing it's a file we can edit to add a lift line to the canopy? I had such a thing in the dark, distant days of Flanker 2.5

'CanopyGlassTemplate.tga'

It could be that the file is not needed at all, maybe just a backup or "work file" leftover.

Look if there are CanopyGlass.tga files in the skin folders.. if yes, it should be OK.

It's so you can have an empty weapons pylon in game. If you load nothing on a weapons station then the pylon will not appear in game.

• Like 1

No, they're slanted in real life so they will be slanted in the game.

• Like 3

Updated to 4.3

-  Fixed fuel  values so they reflect real life values

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Added German versions of the Super Hornets. One regular Super Hornet (AG51), a Growler version (JaboG 32), and a specific Marineflieger version with two skins. Decals come from guruu's Tornado package, and the german pilots are from someone else (I nor crisisloaner knows where they came from, but I suspect the Tornado pack mentioned). All the German work was done by crisisloaner and I merely included it for visibility.
  • Known Issue: For some reason the FA-18G SEAD loadout is missing a pylon, some kind of glitch that prevents the pylon from showing. I don't know the cause of this as everything checked out and still wondering what did this. This is a preset loadout and not from simply selecting the weapons for the pylon.

This is the changelog for version 4.5, with the inclusion of the German versions. I know that more than likely the country will take delivery of Block III versions (I don't know really which Block they'll be using) but for right now they will be Block II for now. As more information comes in and also if I get a Block III cockpit then we can see about upgrading them and so on.

• Thanks 4

Hi EricJ,

In the aircraft data.ini of the FA-18G:

[RightMiddleWingStationA2G]
//SUU-80 Pylon
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=12
StationGroupID=3
StationType=EXTERNAL
AttachmentPosition=3.6136,-0.5421,-0.28
AttachmentAngles=4.0,-3.0,0.0
DiameterLimit=0.742
LoadLimit=1501
LengthLimit=5.181
AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,LGB,EOGR,LGR,FT,2BR,EOGB,CGR,MER,TLR,ASM,NUC
AttachmentType=USN,NATO,WGermany,USAF,Australia
ModelNodeName=USN,NATO,UK,SWEDEN,Italy,Spain,WGermany,USAF,Australia <--- should be RightMiddlePylon
PylonMass=140.9
PylonDragArea=0.03
LaunchRailNodeName=RightMiddleAGMRail
LaunchRailHeight=0.169
FuelTankNodeName=RightMiddleDT
FuelTankName=Tank480_FA18EFG
MinExtentPosition=3.75,-2.43,-0.347
MaxExtentPosition=3.395,0.297,0.337

Thanks, will fix that for the next upload.

• Like 1

Version 4.6:

• Fixed missing pylon on loadout for the FA-18G (thanks to Svetlin)
  • Added my take on the AIM-120D. Max range is 100 miles and the model and texture should be from Wingwiner and his AIM-120 model.
  • Thanks 2

- Tweaked some display items in the E and F versions, to include some weapon pack weapons.
- Fixed some entries in the German Super Hornets
- Added support for ravenclaw_007's B61 pack for all Super Hornets, you can get the pack here if interested: https://combatace.com/files/file/17361-b61-nuclear-bomb-pack/
- Fixed some missing decals on the German Super Hornets
- Tweaked the ATFLIR to be more stable when viewing it in the MFD.

- Removed the German Super Hornets, as Germany went with the F-35

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did some research on the AESA APG-79 and pretty much the only information that came out was that the radar has a max range of 80 miles. This is a bit different from what I thought and have done some modifications for the various aircraft. Block I aircraft now have these stats:

[RadarData]
AvailableModes=SEARCH,TWS,STT,ACM,GM,TV
RangeUnit=NM
RangeSetting[1]=5
RangeSetting[2]=10
RangeSetting[3]=20
RangeSetting[4]=40
RangeSetting[5]=80
RadarPosition=
MaxElevationAngle=60
MinElevationAngle=-60
MaxAzimuthAngle=60
MinAltitude=20.0
BoresightElevation=0.0
BoresightAzimuth=0.0
ACMMaxPitchAngle=60.0
MinReturn=0.01
MinimumSpeed=25.72
SearchRange=80
SearchStrength=100
TrackRange=80
TrackStrength=100
TWSUpdateTime=0.01
AcquisitionSymbolSpeed=1.0
AcquisitionResetPosX=0.6
AcquisitionResetPosY=0.50
AcquisitionResetTime=2.0
DisplayLimitLeft=29
DisplayLimitRight=226
DisplayLimitTop=46O
DisplayLimitBottom=226

Open up the respective AVIONICS.INI and replace it with this for Block I aircraft only.

As for the Block II aircraft I gave a little enhancement in range and use this for the Block II aircraft and the EA-18G, and RAAF version to take advantage of the included AIM-120D missiles (It's a "treat"" or just something that may be real or not, I only have access to so much information, and that's mainly Wikipedia and so on:

[RadarData]
AvailableModes=SEARCH,TWS,STT,ACM,GM,TV
RangeUnit=NM
RangeSetting[1]=5
RangeSetting[2]=10
RangeSetting[3]=20
RangeSetting[4]=40
RangeSetting[5]=80
RangeSetting[6]=100
RadarPosition=
MaxElevationAngle=60
MinElevationAngle=-60
MaxAzimuthAngle=60
MinAltitude=20.0
BoresightElevation=-5.5
BoresightAzimuth=0.0
ACMMaxPitchAngle=47.0
MinReturn=0.01
MinimumSpeed=25.72
SearchRange=100
SearchStrength=170
TrackRange=100
TrackStrength=150
TWSUpdateTime=0.01
AcquisitionSymbolSpeed=2.0
AcquisitionResetPosX=0.6
AcquisitionResetPosY=0.50
AcquisitionResetTime=2.0
DisplayLimitLeft=29
DisplayLimitRight=226
DisplayLimitTop=46
DisplayLimitBottom=226

That's pretty much it. The next upload will have the adjusted radars included.

- Tweaked radars to Wikipedia ranges (80nm for Block I jets, and 100nm for Block II jets).
- Radar ranges for the Block IIs are a "treat" as I want the AIM-120D to be used efficiently with the radars.
- Included an "Invisible ASM" in case you want to load pylons on the Growler instead of stores. It functions
 like a bomb and you can get rid of it by going to the AG submode and "dropping" them if you don't like it on the SMS screen.

• Thanks 5

• - Added an RAAF version of the Growler. It pretty much is the same as the USN version, but can carry more AAMs due to Australian Air Force requirements

Uploaded and awaiting approval

• Thanks 2