I am new to WOE coming from many other sims including WOV. For some reason I cannot figure out why my AIM-7's won't fire. I can't even get them to Aquire Targets. Correct me if I am wrong but in WOV

all you had to do was select the AIM-7 and they would lock onto targets inside of 7 miles automatically. Am I missing something? A key congfig or a new feature perhaps?

Desperately seeking A2A kills

Jas

What patch are you using? That may help, along with what aircraft too... As I've hadn't had too many problems using Sparrows in the rare event I use them..

What patch are you using? That may help, along with what aircraft too... As I've hadn't had too many problems using Sparrows in the rare event I use them..

Patch is Oct 2008...aircraft varies F15 or F4

What kind of difficulty settings are you using?

What kind of difficulty settings are you using?

Problem solved. I re-installed and then re-applied the patch and I am good now AIM-7s Fire with no problem. Thanks for everyones interest in trying to help me out

Make sure you are actually using the radar to acquire targets. In earlier patches it would lock on for you, but TK added some realism and you have to work the radar.

And don't forget the AI will now attempt to break radar lock, sometimes with quite some success at longer ranges.

And don't forget the AI will now attempt to break radar lock, sometimes with quite some success at longer ranges.

Experienced this just last night. Engaging multiple targets at max range for the missle and if the target broke that distance the missle would loose sight. All in all a great game. I see what you mean about the radar work, but that only adds to the game. Now I am looking for new planes and skins...anyone got any favorite sites for downloads?

Well this site has about 95% of all the downloads - plus if you look on the home page there are links to Column 5 and marcfighters for some others

Experienced this just last night. Engaging multiple targets at max range for the missle and if the target broke that distance the missle would loose sight. All in all a great game. I see what you mean about the radar work, but that only adds to the game. Now I am looking for new planes and skins...anyone got any favorite sites for downloads?

How about here? Its got over 4000 files just for the Thirdwire seires. Call me crazy. :lol:

:lmaosmiley:

It's like buying some milk on the gas station and asking where to get some gas xD