Sign in to follow this  
wklink

Quick Question

I just ordered OFF, was wondering if the CD from the factory comes up with the latest patch or should I download the latest 1.31 patch to be ready for it when it arrives.

No big deal, just would like to be ready when the CD arrives.

wklink,

All the information required for setting up is in here:

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm

First of all, you need to have M$ CFS3 installed. Then upgrade this to Version 1.3a by downloading the upgrades here:

CFS3 3.1/3.1a Updates (http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/downloads.asp)

I'm not certain, but I believe you need to run CFS3 at least once to set up the desired graphics etc.

Once your copy of OFF:BHaH arrives, you simply install it from the DVD. Then you download the latest patch (Ver 1.31L) and you'll be up to speed. If you have a CD version of CFS3, you will need to have this running in your drive drawer to play OFF. If you're one of the lucky ones that have the DVD version of CFS3 (Ubisoft I think), the dvd does not need to be in the drive.

The community here on this Forum is very helpful. If you have any issues at all, please submit your question/query here and I'm certain you'll be answered fairly promptly.

In the meantime, it may pay you to read the FAQ file and maybe some of the sticky threads on this forum. There are many useful tips, keyboard command lists, guides for setting up TrackIR (if you have the money, invest in one of these devices), joysticks, rudders etc. (Although I'm sure that you won't need too much help at all).

Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride!

Blue Skies!

You really wont know till the cd comes. Im not even sure if ms ever made a cd patched to 3.1, but i do belive most of the after market ones (explosive and the like) are patched to 3.1

After you have installed cfs3, and started it up, click on the hanger button (upper right), and from the hanger dropdown go to about,,that will tell you what version you have installed, if its not clearly on the cd box already.

You really wont know till the cd comes. Im not even sure if ms ever made a cd patched to 3.1, but i do belive most of the after market ones (explosive and the like) are patched to 3.1

Indeed they did. I got lucky when I bought mine as I didn't know to look for 3.1. If you have 3.1 you won't have to install CFS3 at all! :clapping:

If you haven't bought CFS3 yet, I highly recommend you make an extra effort to get 3.1.

<S>!

-mark

Don't patch the OFF DVD with 1.31L. You need to download and install 1.30 first and then 1.30c before applying 1.31L.

"Im not even sure if ms ever made a cd patched to 3.1"

Oh yes they did and it's sat in my DVD drive as we speak - genuine mickysoft.

I just got my copy of CFS3 from Amazon. Couldnt determine if it was 3.1 or not, so I put in the OFF DVD first, it loaded, asked forthe CFS3 disk, I put it in, it copied a couple things and finished.

No need torun CFS3 ever, or to load it for that matter....I didnt.

I looked for a DVD version of CFS3, but couldnt find one.

Small detail, however it you're effected, it could be rather major. Phase III is a DVD . . .Not to be confused with CFS3 which IS available as a CD

No, I meant DVD. I just wondered what version of OFF will ship or if I will need to download a patch.

I have CFS3 already.

Edited by wklink

I just got my copy of CFS3 from Amazon. Couldnt determine if it was 3.1 or not, so I put in the OFF DVD first, it loaded, asked forthe CFS3 disk, I put it in, it copied a couple things and finished.

No need torun CFS3 ever, or to load it for that matter....I didnt.

I looked for a DVD version of CFS3, but couldnt find one.

As I've mentioned a few times, I just got a new computer and will be installing OFF over the weekend. Are you serious? I really don't need to install CFS3?? I bought a new copy of CFS3 originally as my old copy of CFS3 was missing disk 2 (discovered whilst I was installing CFS3 in preparation for OFF - so now I got two copies). I guess I'll try to use the new one I bought. Don't know the manufacturer, only know it's a 2xCD version, not DVD

I just install OFF from my DVD, then load CFS3 disk when it asks me to??

Then I suppose I just need to patch OFF with 1.30 first and then 1.30c before applying 1.31L.

Have I got the process right? I really don't want to have to uninstall OFF, as I've seen a few posts about people not being able to get it up and running again due to hidden files etc.

As I've mentioned a few times, I just got a new computer and will be installing OFF over the weekend. Are you serious? I really don't need to install CFS3?? I bought a new copy of CFS3 originally as my old copy of CFS3 was missing disk 2 (discovered whilst I was installing CFS3 in preparation for OFF - so now I got two copies). I guess I'll try to use the new one I bought. Don't know the manufacturer, only know it's a 2xCD version, not DVD

I just install OFF from my DVD, then load CFS3 disk when it asks me to??

Then I suppose I just need to patch OFF with 1.30 first and then 1.30c before applying 1.31L.

Have I got the process right? I really don't want to have to uninstall OFF, as I've seen a few posts about people not being able to get it up and running again due to hidden files etc.

As has been stated. If you have CFS3 V3.1 you do not need to install it. Install OFF an dit will prompt you when to insert the CFS3 CD so it can copy the files it needs. I just did my install that way and it came out fine. You've got it right. Trust us, we are your friends. :biggrin:

FAQ explains it right at the top.

CFS3 v.3.0?

Install it and patch it first to 3.1

Then install OFF DVD (it is v.1.0). Then 1.30 then 1.30c then 1.30l (soon we will make one superpatch to replace all them).

CFS3 v3.1?

If you have newer CFS3 v3.1 no need to install it.

Then install OFF DVD (it is v.1.0). It will ask for CFS3 CD/DVD to check and copy required files. Then you install 1.30 then 1.30c then 1.30l (soon we will make one superpatch to replace all them).