Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Your best comic pictures

Hauksbee, knowing that you did comics about WW1 air combat, and seeing that avatar picture

you recently use (which I assume is from your own works), I wonder, if you could show some of

the best pictures or pages here?

Seconded. I'd like to read all of 'Last Award' at least, Hauksbee, any chance of scanning it in or making a .PDF? :biggrin:

Your website's jolly easy on the eye, by the way. Your avatar's from 'Enemy Ace' isn't it?

Edited by Dej

Seconded....

Ah, Jaysus! Are y' goin' to drag the olde-phart out of a well earned retirement to tell tales of comics glory to young whippersnappers? Looks that way. OKOKOK! I'll dig out a copy and if I can get the old kerosene-fired scanner to work...

I must confess, my avatar is not by me, however much I'd love to claim it. That's a steller piece of art by Jack Davis that graced the cover of 'Two-Fisted Tales', published by EC Comics in the 50's. As I recall, there was a WWI aviation story in that issue, but it was not drawn by Davis.

I'll get the scans posted later today.

I have a few Enemy Ace comics and a very nice hardcover of Aces High vol. 1-5. All good and fun stuff. I'ld like to find more.

I have a few Enemy Ace comics and a very nice hardcover of Aces High vol. 1-5. All good and fun stuff. I'ld like to find more.

Him and good 'ole Sgt. Rock!

Easy Co... slogging across Europe... my favorite line. :good:

"Him and good 'ole Sgt. Rock!"

Surely not the XTC version??

Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandos was one of my favorites, as well as Enemy Aces. I still remember a line from one. It was about a German pilot who was scared to death to go into battle. IIRC (it was close to 40 years ago) the statement was, "You can do what you want to me, I'm not going up in that paper mache' coffin!".

Here's the starter kit. Due to the 8Mb limitation on any one upload, I'll do this in three pieces.

• Like 1

Here's the first half of the story.

Here's the first half of the story.

Hey that's great! What fun. More please. :clapping:

Hey that's great! What fun. More please.

From your lips to God's ears!

Here's the other half. Bear in mind that this was all done back in 1982; 27 years ago. Looking at it now, I wonder, was my drawing ever THAT crude? Ah well.

If you see echos of 'The Blue Max' in here, you're right. But I was annoyed at the lead character in 'Flyboys' rather stealing my thunder at the climax. I tell myself he read a copy of FFT back in the day.

Great story Hauksbee! And your drawing is very good!

Gee - sentimental memories of the days of youth and comic strips!

They are great, Hauksbee! They have that right touch, and draw you into the story!

I thought, they would! Ah - those days must have been phantastic, when you could

draw and release your own comic tales! (I still have books about "The Fabulous Furry

Freak Brothers").

I'll print these pages out and attach them to the wall left of my monitor, to add some

athmosphere to my own fighting. Thank you!

PS: Are there two pages lying over each other in PDF 2, or is it just my end - two pics

seem to be cut off somehow?

Edited by Olham

PS: Are there two pages lying over each other in PDF 2, or is it just my end - two pics

seem to be cut off somehow?

Yeah, I seem to have lost some too, same problem. Great stuff Hauksbee, and all before Photoshop and the other modern conveniences. I wouldn't know where to start - well, I might have a bit of an idea now, but not then.

Talk about a liitle stroll down memory lane, does anybody else remember Johnny Cloud, or am I too old

http://www.toonopedia.com/j-cloud.htm

And Jeb Stuart with the Haunted Tank

http://www.toonopedia.com/hauntedt.htm

I remember Jeb Stuart and the Haunted tank. Good stuff. I also read a couple of issues of Enemy Ace. I love it but never could find any more at the time. You'd think it would all be posted on-line somewhere on the internet.

Hellshade

Yeah, I seem to have lost some too, same problem...

You're right. I got a bit careless sliding Photoshop layers around. There was a page and a half over-written. This should do it.

Hauksbee,

Great work. Very impressive. More please?