Sign in to follow this  
HomeBoy

Something fun to try

As I'm sure you know, there are six "hand signals" that you can communicate to your wingmen while flying:

• Reply Affirmative
  • Reply Negative
  • Wingmen Attack
  • Wingmen Rejoin
  • Wingmen Help
  • Wingmen Split

Just for fun, I decided to implement these as actual spoken commands. Now, while flying, I can simply call out verbally "Help" and my hapless wingmen will wander over and try to help undo the mess I've gotten myself into on the deck against a dozen Dr.Is.

Well, it wasn't much work actually since I've been using this software called Game Commander 2 for a very long time and has since gone out of business and thus (see the hyperlink) can be found for free.

In Lockon (I know, I know, a jet game!), I've been using it to do very immersive things like "Tower, request permission to taxi" and the like. Since I already have a microphone (which is primarily used to house my TrackIR "antlers") building a GC2 profile for OFF was a piece of cake and finally gives me a use for the microphone in OFF.

I know it's not realistic to talk to my wingmen in WWI using a "radio" but since I have this TAC "radar" on the screen already, well, why not.

Just thought you might enjoy yet another peek into the HomeBoy Laboratory. :crazy:

This sounds really interesting to me. There you go again with interesting and useful things for our simming, thanks Homeboy. I will investigate.

HB,

Thanks for the info and the link - i'm just off to download it...

Cheers,

Si