Sign in to follow this  
ArgonV

Rise of Flight: Two aircraft released/unlocked today!

That's right folks! The good people at neoqb have released/unlocked two new aircraft for the North American and Euro customers: The Nieuport 28 and Albatros D.V. Just launch the game and they will be listed as unlocked. Now get out there and fight!

Enjoy!

And the price for these two planes on top of the rest of the game is ???

They are free of charge!

Having 4 planes is more than 2x better than just 2. At least it gives some choice.

It should help limit some of the mutterings concerning the rest of ROF. I still think I'll give it a miss until this time next year, by which time it might have matured into a desirable proposition.

Took the new DVa out for a spin........and promptly ended up in the river. (well, not promptly, but eventually)

It'll likely sell more games. Then they can sell more of the next plane set.

Maybe, after let's say three more free added planes, I'll buy it... maybe...

I'll wait a little more. Having fun with the other WW1 title right now :wink: will see how thing develop regarding ROF.

New simulator with brand new engine is allways welcome after all. Ok, apart from Whirlwind of Vietnam thingy :rofl:

buddywolf sounds like RoF is not going to be around long if he says that you should hurry up and purchase it. Maybe enough people do not like the DRM that RoF is not selling as well as the developers thought.

As for the simulator aspect of ROF, once you fly one of these airplanes, you'll understand what I mean. .... But maybe not if you haven't flown a real airplane before.

And what if I don't think it's all that?

FC

"All that and a bag of chips" I believe is the original longer version of the phrase...now people just use the shorter "all that."

I bought it from flight sim pilot shop, should arrive within 2 weeks, then I'll have my own unbiased (thank you SimHQ :wink:) opinion about it. The recent user posted Y-tube movies doesn't look that bad after all. And quoting Jedi Master above: "Having 4 planes is more than 2x better than just 2" -main reason I bought FE with Expansion Pack, 3 planes was a bit too small choice at start.

What it means is that just because you are a pilot does not mean you are the end all be all of sim judgement.

FC

Hang on, so those two planes are only going to be releaased for North American and European subscribers...? Yeah... I'm not liking the sound of that. Think I'll stick to sims that use addons like the TW series for a little while. I just don't like deveolpers who dictate whether or not I can add or mod stuff. That said, those screens look great. Those are some nice environments! :good:

Hang on, so those two planes are only going to be releaased for North American and European subscribers...? Yeah... I'm not liking the sound of that. Think I'll stick to sims that use addons like the TW series for a little while. I just don't like deveolpers who dictate whether or not I can add or mod stuff. That said, those screens look great. Those are some nice environments! :good:

Only releasing them for free to those regions, they are still available to everyone through the store; and if you don't want to purchase them then they are still in the game as AI aircraft to fight against.

Ummmm...okay. I dunno, what if?

Yes, good question. What if a pilot with hundreds of hours in each of several different planes does NOT feel it's the best?

Woof not wolf.

Do I? I didn't mean to. I'm sure ROF will be around a long time. I'm saying you're missing out on the enjoyment that you can be having now if you get it later. Also, there is nothing wrong with it's DRM. It works great so far and makes updating a breeze. As for the simulator aspect of ROF, once you fly one of these airplanes, you'll understand what I mean. .... But maybe not if you haven't flown a real airplane before.

Nothing wrong with it's DRM? :shok:

Are you kidding me?

First, I don't like to be treated (as a honest customer) like a potential criminal, second my main (and gaming) rig is not connected to the 'net (and I don't like to connect it to the world of spam, worms and trojans...)!

I guess they never considered that sometimes ISP's go down? It's happened to me so I can't play any MP games, but I can still play some SP.

At least Steam has an "offline" mode if the net connect fails.

Makes me wonder what are the sales of recent Thirdwire SF2 series titles, which have no DRM/CP at all...

And the way these titles are thought and created, even encourages end-user to make multiple (modded) instances of the same title (ok, so it was with the "first" series) :rolleyes:

The sensation of flying sitting in front of a PC monitor? What sensation would that be?

What sensation would that be?

Modern jet airliner pilot. Just add a newspaper covering the windows to block the sunshine. Tu-154 crews do it :biggrin:

which have no DRM/CP at all...

Strangely enough, a search on da Pirate Bay results in no hits for the SF2 series at all. Must have something to do with low profile and the fact that serious cracker groups don't deal with no-DRM games.

If a disc gets broken, I could get another one (granted paying double) or I could get a crack if it's available. If my ISP goes down, I'm SOL as most people have no access to another ISP. Certainly can't take my HOTAS setup to the local Starbucks and use the Wifi there...

In short, Steam seems to have the best handle on how to do it. Everyone trying to reinvent the wheel is just stupid.

Modern jet airliner pilot. Just add a newspaper covering the windows to block the sunshine. Tu-154 crews do it :biggrin:

:rofl:

:pilot: