Sign in to follow this  
Waldemar Kurtz

Phantom Kills

does anybody else have the experience of getting victories that they didn't claim? I've had it happen twice to one pilot. I shot down 5 enemy machines in a single sortie--but all but two these were made behind my lines with no witnesses. I definitely shot down two in flames, but couldn't tweak the second claim enough to have the manager accept it as valid. so, frustrated as I was, I put in a claim for a single victory and called it good. later on in the campaign I was given credit for two victories in spite of having made only one claim. I mentioned two aircraft in that single claim--but I specifically pointed out that only one machine went down in that claim.

a week or so later, I shot down two enemy machines--and again, could only get the claims forms to accept ONE of the two claims. but when that victory was confirmed I was given another victory as well. so, what I'm wondering is, why wouldn't the claims form accept these additional victories--but the manager awarded claims that I didn't make?

my best guess is that since this was a Bristol Fighter career that my observer must have scored some kills in the presence of my wingmen and these 'ghost claims' were added to my score.

Yes, perhaps - you should read the notes inbetween missions, when on a blackboard,

those new appear about other flight members or wingmen, and their claims.

Maybe your observer makes own claims - Winder or Pol could tell.

Ah the fog of war :)

Hard to say really without seeing the actual claim and details, did you switch settings from realistic claims to easy or something?