I'm doing a HDR mod for SF2 series and hit a stump. Shadows. It seems that the numbers I put in the SSOA and Shadow sections of the ENBseries.ini doesn't execute the effects from I could see. Now the weird part is that when I put the modified ini in WOI, its not dark like in SF2. Am I doing the wrong sections? I snapped few screenies to show you guys. some of the screenies look good though.

First is the F15A from SF2. And no I didn't change the skin, all stock from TK.

F15AHDR.jpg

Next is the F-4E ARN-101 at a angle.

F4EARN101HDR.jpg

Another shot of the ARN-101. Notice how dark it is?

F4EARN101HDR2.jpg

Next is the WOI F-15A Stock with the modded enbseries.ini.

WOIF15AHDR.jpg

I could attach the ini file too if you guys want to look at it.

Falcon

Anybody? I'm u/ling my file in case anybody wants to crack at my problem. I think its the bloom but not sure. UGH Not permited.. ok hold on. OK just overwrite your enbseries file if you got the hdr plugin.

Falcon

enbseries.7z

Edited by FalconCAF

not really up to details about this "mod"

but the most noticeable effect is the way lights and their effects are rendered, so the fact that from some angles the same plane looks darker, almost black makes sense, it's normal

sorry, couldn't help with settings, as I still have to start studying this stuff

I initially used it to improve fps under windows 7...and for that it works already well, so with some tweaking, I guess it'll be perfect.

Something to take into account it's that this stuff is video card related, so settings for one might give undesired effect for another...

not really up to details about this "mod"

but the most noticeable effect is the way lights and their effects are rendered, so the fact that from some angles the same plane looks darker, almost black makes sense, it's normal

sorry, couldn't help with settings, as I still have to start studying this stuff

I initially used it to improve fps under windows 7...and for that it works already well, so with some tweaking, I guess it'll be perfect.

Something to take into account it's that this stuff is video card related, so settings for one might give undesired effect for another...

This is for users who have vista/win 7 and cards range from 8800 gtx and up. But thanks of explaining things like renders and stuff, haven't thought of that.

Falcon

I'm playing with enbseries dll's for some time now, different games but mostly WOx and I've also noticed that setting for /Shadows and /SSAO dont make any visual difference (plus quite big performance hit with SSAO, but this might be specific to ATI card as I'm using 4870x2). I'll stick to Bloom and Colour Correction, these alone can be spectacular. As for too dark try play with /DarkeningAmountDay -try lowering that value for brighter "shadows".

Also I'm using GTA Vice City v0.075c3 version of dll's (after lots of testing these seems to be most stable/fast for me).

my ini file plus some shots

enbseriesini.zip

post-42660-1247357581_thumb.jpg

post-42660-1247357617_thumb.jpg

For almost all settings 0 deactivates and 1 activates. From there other numbers do different things. I know that under the main effect section you should only use 0 and 1, anything else will tell it to use a set number of rendering passes for a particular algorithm. Some are fast and low quality, some are slow and high quality, some are middle of the road, and some are workarounds if the regular ones don't work. I recommend not messing with those values.

What you want to fiddle with are the values under the header for each effect that you are using. Take Bloom for example:

[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=0
BloomFadeTime=400
BloomConstantDay=1
BloomQuality=0
BloomScreenLevelDay=95
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=18
BloomConstantNight=0
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomScreenLevelNight=20
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100
BloomAllowOversaturation=1
BloomMaxLimit=100

There are a lot of important numbers there. Power day deals with the total light intensity I believe. As for the rest you will need to fiddle with them.

I'm playing with enbseries dll's for some time now, different games but mostly WOx and I've also noticed that setting for /Shadows and /SSAO dont make any visual difference (plus quite big performance hit with SSAO, but this might be specific to ATI card as I'm using 4870x2). I'll stick to Bloom and Colour Correction, these alone can be spectacular. As for too dark try play with /DarkeningAmountDay -try lowering that value for brighter "shadows".

Also I'm using GTA Vice City v0.075c3 version of dll's (after lots of testing these seems to be most stable/fast for me).

my ini file plus some shots

I'll take a look of your ini and dlls. Thanks man. Appreciate the help.

Falcon

For almost all settings 0 deactivates and 1 activates. From there other numbers do different things. I know that under the main effect section you should only use 0 and 1, anything else will tell it to use a set number of rendering passes for a particular algorithm. Some are fast and low quality, some are slow and high quality, some are middle of the road, and some are workarounds if the regular ones don't work. I recommend not messing with those values.

What you want to fiddle with are the values under the header for each effect that you are using. Take Bloom for example:

[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=0
BloomFadeTime=400
BloomConstantDay=1
BloomQuality=0
BloomScreenLevelDay=95
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=18
BloomConstantNight=0
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomScreenLevelNight=20
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100
BloomAllowOversaturation=1
BloomMaxLimit=100

There are a lot of important numbers there. Power day deals with the total light intensity I believe. As for the rest you will need to fiddle with them.

OK I'll try this too. Appreciate the help.

Falcon