Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Hitting moving trucks with laser guided bombs

Wish I played this game more - last time I used LGBs they could only hit a static main target!!!

So I'm not sure when this functionality was added but:

find the trucks on radar:

gallery_8064_327_3582.jpg

Spot them on Low Light TV :tongue:

gallery_8064_327_25680.jpg

Target them in FLIR and lock the laser on (well press E)

gallery_8064_327_15294.jpg

Watch the GBU-12 make changes and fly towards the truck:

gallery_8064_327_10370.jpg

Watch it from the comfort of the cockpit muhahaha:

gallery_8064_327_30379.jpg

We can finally then have a B-57G that does what its supposed to do over the Ho Chi Minh Trail! :cool:

gallery_8064_327_37769.jpg

Best bit is - all the wingmen fire them at the trucks too - and get kills!!! :yahoo:

Edited by MigBuster

Wait, the GM radar has MOVING TARGET capability now?

Rock on!

Yes, for us mud movers it is soooo cool!!! :good:

Now all we have to do is convince TK into implementing random convoys of transports (land/sea) perhaps through the facility we already have, terrain_movement.ini.

Then all the work, hand building a web of roads through this huge map, would have a meaning :biggrin:

Roaming around, checking suspected choke points.. how cool would that be..

What B-57 did you use, MigBuster? The one taht I found in the "first gen" download section was not set up to use LGB's and has no laser designator. Was it a SF2 model or where can I get it?

Uhu

its not out yet - im updating it for SF2V so it can use the newer features.

Well..... hate to bust your bubble too much, but GBU-12s are the choice when hitting moving targets.... I've been killing tanks, trucks, etc. since I started shooting them at vics... it's just a little practice it takes that's all...

However... I don't trust wingnuts with LGBs anyways... so you got me on that one, I guess a CAS mission is in order to check that out..

And I don't know what it is, but the B-57's are growing on me..

The last time i used an LGB you could only target the main mission target - which was obviously some time ago!

im not sure when this abilty came in - needless to say im not bothering to test it on older games so it either works or doesn't

The last time i used an LGB you could only target the main mission target - which was obviously some time ago!

im not sure when this abilty came in - needless to say im not bothering to test it on older games so it either works or doesn't

True enough, but for CAS and for Armed Recon missions they worked well too. Then again if you had a targeting pod, after you destroyed the main target, and if you had some left, any target was nearly free game.

And this is for 2nd Gen zmatt.

My problem now is that when you use 'E' to cycle after bombing the mission target, you can only target units of "military value" (Tanks, AAA, SAMs, Radars). Can't target static buildings. Wish TK included them in the cycle.

So if you are tasked to take an airfield and you want to deal additional damage, bring along some dumb bombs to target the tanks, hangars, runway, etc.

Edited by jomni

My problem now is that when you use 'E' to cycle after bombing the mission target, you can only target units of "military value" (Tanks, AAA, SAMs, Radars). Can't target static buildings. With TK included them in the cycle.

So if you are tasked to take an airfield and you want to deal additional damage, bring along some dumb bombs to target the tanks, hangars, runway, etc.

Actually, if you know what you're doing with the folders, you can have other ground objects setup to be targetable.