Sign in to follow this  
BigJim

German View Point

As you have noticed ve german pilots due not require our enlisted ranks to crank our props on startup rather ve make the captured Englishmen do it (just listen to the man and un his hund).

While flying a solo mission in the campaign I killed 3 balloons but upon returning home to base no credit or opportunity to file a claim form?

BigJim, balloons are only credited, when they where an assigned mission target - and even then,

many of them will not get confirmed.

BigJim, balloons are only credited, when they where an assigned mission target - and even then,

many of them will not get confirmed.

Ahhh ok thanks :blink:

Ahhh ok thanks :blink:

:rofl: Now I broke my first plane doing a tight turn in an EIII and pow red screen "you died" no EA around so I know it must have broken or puffy ack got me but don't think that was the case

The EIII would be the last craft I would recommend to you - you can't fight in that one.

Try the DVII first, or an Albatros DII or early DIII. Much better.

BigJim, I had the same experience the first time I went balloon hunting. Popped three gas bags, flew back to camp happy as a puppy, and then...nada. Not even the opportunity to write the claims. Perhaps the devs need to have a little message after your land that says, "Feh! Who do you think you are, Frank Luke?" :biggrin:

And Olham's advice about the EIII is spot on. Unless you are going against a BE2c, or a DH2 and you have the alt, you will likely end up quite dead. Still, if you're like me and have a fondness for the early war years, the EIII is fun...and challenging. In fact, there are nine of them in the latest mission I just finished and posted over in that particular forum.

Cheers!

Lou

BigJim, I had the same experience the first time I went balloon hunting. Popped three gas bags, flew back to camp happy as a puppy, and then...nada. Not even the opportunity to write the claims. Perhaps the devs need to have a little message after your land that says, "Feh! Who do you think you are, Frank Luke?" :biggrin:

And Olham's advice about the EIII is spot on. Unless you are going against a BE2c, or a DH2 and you have the alt, you will likely end up quite dead. Still, if you're like me and have a fondness for the early war years, the EIII is fun...and challenging. In fact, there are nine of them in the latest mission I just finished and posted over in that particular forum.

Cheers!

Lou

Heheh well I am an "old dog" and have been flying these sims for years, so I am in the EIII cause that is where the camp put me :biggrin:

I am familar with its' weakness and strengths, it should do fine vs the planes of the allies in 1915, however we have advanced to 1916 now and the Jasta has not gotten any new models yet I maybe in trouble now :blink:

but after 8 missions I have yet to encounter the enemy (man this sim IS realistic) :clapping:

BigJim, do as you like, but I'm afraid you won't see much action before the fall 1916.

The earliest German Jasta I start with is Jasta 2, right when they get the Albatros DI

(which is a DII really here). Then you have a superiour craft in firepower; not as agile

as the Nupes, but one can do with good piloting.

But if you carry on with the EIII, please report, when you have fights, okay?

I've flown the EIII a fair bit and enjoyed it despite not meeting many enemies. Challenging crate to fly and therefore rewarding IMO. I think of it as paying some dues. There will be limitless opportunties to get your ass handed to you. And then do it all over again. I look forward to the devs fleshing out the early years with more crate types. Big Jim I am glad you seem to find OFF BH&H to be realistic. It may not be perfect, what is, but I am so glad to have it.

I've flown the EIII a fair bit and enjoyed it despite not meeting many enemies. Challenging crate to fly and therefore rewarding IMO. I think of it as paying some dues. There will be limitless opportunties to get your ass handed to you. And then do it all over again. I look forward to the devs fleshing out the early years with more crate types. Big Jim I am glad you seem to find OFF BH&H to be realistic. It may not be perfect, what is, but I am so glad to have it.

Yes all my "critical" posts should be taken as ment to help or ask questions, because so far I love the way they have immersed me in the WWI flying experience, even more so than RB did back in the day (I think because the FM seems to be fairly good here).

The only thing I can compare it with now is DoA and that is on-line vs human opposition (much different than having to contend with CFS3 and reworking it)