Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

First time I've seen this damage effect. Very nice!

I downloaded and installed the IDM V2.1 and have been enjoying it quite a bit. Olham pointed out he got his wingtip shot off, which I did to an Alb just a little bit ago. Nice effect. But just a moment ago I was in a QC duel with my Sopwith Triplane vs some Fokker DVIIs and on the last guy I didn't pull up fast enough as I straffed him and my landing gear collided with his top wing. Not only did it shred his plane, but it ripped off 1/2 of my landing gear! I've NEVER seen landing gear damaged before. Is this something new? Great work on the IDM! Though I have to admit it does seem like it's a bit too easy to shoot off the lower wings of the Albs. One solid burst and they shred.

Hellshade

post-46046-1247414729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hellshade

The effect has always been there I made it happen that way in the tripe sometimes, you lose a wing and it takes out the undercarriage too. Just how it shows and when has varied over time because of the XDP settings. Wings will come off earlier now with the tweaks in Chris's DM.

Wings come off a bit too easily for my liking in the campaign aircraft for some reason, so I will be tweaking that a bit to see if I can make it more realistic. QC aircraft should work okay, however.

There's a VERY tight corner! Did you get back down on the ground? Alive?