Sign in to follow this  
Jack Morris

Wings over Vietnam Huey campaign

Hi all,

I have been browsing the downloads but I cannot find Vietnam era Huey campaign, Is there one? I'm looking for one where you drop troops off in LZ's, attack ground targets and pick up the wounded etc,

Thanks,

Jack

08/06 eh? Maybe that's why I can't get the Huey to work.

On another note, where the heck to I get the A-37 download? I have been looking for that one!!

~Tax

u have a UH-1H in the Falklands mod, just takes a little editing, and u can make it a US Marines helo, with the decals, quite simple really.

u have a UH-1H in the Falklands mod, just takes a little editing, and u can make it a US Marines helo, with the decals, quite simple really.

also he can change the FM from UH-1H to UH-1B, that would be a little bit more realistic in vietnam, IMO.

When did the USMC operate the UH-1H?

Hi all,

I have been browsing the downloads but I cannot find Vietnam era Huey campaign, Is there one? I'm looking for one where you drop troops off in LZ's, attack ground targets and pick up the wounded etc,

Thanks,

Jack

It should be noted, that while others here have posted ways for you to get a Huey, the mission types you're looking for are not really supported by this game (CAS is, but not the others). You can create missions like these, but you will need lot of customized ground objects and effects and a lot of time with the mission builder.

The other option is to get the Yankee Air Pirate add-on for WOV, which has all the customized objects and carefully crafted missions already done. It is payware, though.

So you have two options, get for free with lot's of time invested and some frustration, or drop a (relatively) decent size chunk of cash for YAP.

Yes agree with Malibu totally - the campaign is not really set up for choppers - even with a lot of work it still wouldnt be great- however YAP2 has some amazing chopper models and a good variety of custom single missions and custom ground objects!

but i suppose you get what you pay for :)

these were some of the few in yap1 - will probably be in yap2 at some point :

img00201.jpg

img00177.jpg

Edited by MigBuster

Wow, This has really given me some great ideas. I am used to the concept of mission building from CFS2. Thank you all for replying so quickly, what a great community,

Jack