Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

Get on over to Multiplayer!

Gentlemen,

I know some of you never pop into the multiplayer forum so I thought I'd bring your attention to this topic so you can see what you're missing!

Fraps footage of Multiplayer in action

If any of you are interested in getting in on the action, PM Winston DoRight or post in the Multiplayer forum - there's always at least a couple of us around on Team Speak to help you get set up.

Regards,

Vasco :pilotfly:

I want to give it a go sometime, but my mike has stopped working (and its the MOB not the mic itself). Also I am a pretty useless pilot and don't want to show myself up too much. Do I absolutely need the voice mike? Or can I just take orders via the speakers which work fine.

And another problem is that I am 9 hours in front of California for example, so when I'm eating my breakfast its midnight there. I'm only 2 hours in front of the UK at the moment though.

JimAttrill,

'Winston's Early Birds' multiplayer session takes place at 7PM local time in the UK so it would be just 9PM your time. Check out the calendar for the exact details. We usually form up on Outlaw's TeamSpeak server just before take off (details are all in the sticky in the Multiplayer forum).

If the mike connection on you MoBo is knackered, have you considered buying a cheap USB desk mike that doesn't need the normal mike socket? If not, you can still fly quite happily without a microphone but stick close to your wingmen - typing 'HELP!' in the chat bar may not get you the immediate assistance you need in an emergency. :blink:

Just jump on to TeamSpeak (you can also type messages) and any one of a number of us will help you set things up properly.

Regards,

Edited by Vasco

I'd like to join mp. Just a bit intimidated by the files needed to fly it....with the new patch and all.

I cant just jump into mp and fly, can I? It's more complicated than that, or at least that's my impression (been reading way too many threads and they are all jumbled).

BuB

Setting up multiplayer is quite straightforward actually; I'll give you the process here:

1. Download MadMatt's Multiplayer Autoinstaller available here (the installer drops everything in the right folders and doesn't affect your single player settings)

2. When prompted, say yes to downloading/installing the hard damage model (it's what we all use in multiplayer)

3. Download and install the TeamSpeak 2 Client for your operating system here

4. Connect to Outlaw's TeamSpeak server using the following settings:

a. server address 217.155.102.217:8767 (note colon befor 8767)

b. Logon name is whatever you chose

c. Password is camel

5. Talk to anyone on of us on TeamSpeak (there's usually at least one of us on there most days) and we'll talk you through the final settings in Over Flanders Fields and make sure you're setup correctly.

Job done! :biggrin:

Regards,

I'd like to join mp. Just a bit intimidated by the files needed to fly it....with the new patch and all.

I cant just jump into mp and fly, can I? It's more complicated than that, or at least that's my impression (been reading way too many threads and they are all jumbled).

BuB

If you give me a day and time (im in boston),,,,ill try and get on and assist you in getting into mp...

If you can have teamspeak installed, and a mic, it does help enormously.

Setting up multiplayer is quite straightforward actually; I'll give you the process here:

1. Download MadMatt's Multiplayer Autoinstaller available here (the installer drops everything in the right folders and doesn't affect your single player settings)

2. When prompted, say yes to downloading/installing the hard damage model (it's what we all use in multiplayer)

c. Password is camel

5. Talk to anyone on of us on TeamSpeak (there's usually at least one of us on there most days) and we'll talk you through the final settings in Over Flanders Fields and make sure you're setup correctly.

Regards,

Well..that looks pretty damn easy doesn't it?... I am fast running out of excuses!!!...I WILL be joining you guys soon!!

c. Password is camel

Regards,

Hello I assume MP is now working O.K?

How did you get on with the test patch - I have had no feedback to date?

Ta

WM

How did you get on with the test patch - I have had no feedback to date?

Ta

WM

Winder,

It's working fine on my rig. The multiplayer files are loading automatically and I'm having no problems in single player either. There are a couple of tests I want to perform with Sitting Duck and Winston on compatibility before I submit a final report.

Regards,

Hey Vasco,

I got the MP tools as well, so let me know when you would like to test and I'll join also. I've installed the L minipatch also now (getting thrown to the ground after flying into that last set of clouds in MP the other day convinced me to install it), but haven't changed the FOV settings. I'm around most of the time this week until Friday.

c. Password is camel

Regards,

I flew mutipayer IL2 a few yaers ago and I recall that getting teamspeak set up and working was a major headache. Is it easier now?

I would luv to join in guys, but being on dial-up makes for lously connections and lag online. Still, once I get around to broadband I'll be there with bells and whistles. :smile:

I flew mutipayer IL2 a few yaers ago and I recall that getting teamspeak set up and working was a major headache. Is it easier now?

There can be problems (usually in selecting the sound sorce for input/output) but if you input the above settings correctly and you have no sound, we can talk you through it using the text facility in TS.

Regards,

Winder,

Vasco and I just did a test in MP with your new MP Tools. I installed the patch and then (VERY IMPORTANT) went in to workshops and did a manual backup of both my Online and Offline aircraft (which were, of course, the same at this point). That populated the new folders your patch created with my current aircraft. I think this is an issue that could be tweaked in the patch. Without the manual backup, it installs the default aircraft, so those who are already set up to fly MP will lose their aircraft.

At any rate, I installed, manually backed up and then tested. Smooth sailing. I then tweaked FOV so I could test whether that would cause mismatch and the new settings automatically backed up the newly changed aircraft files correctly and installed my MP aircraft files. Again, smooth sailing. No problems connecting MP. And when I went back to workshop after disconnecting from MP, the offline aircraft with their changed FOV were restored. Again, this was all seamless.

I think the only thing that needs to be changed in the patch is to have the player's current aircraft backed up automatically into the new folders your patch creates.

Sweet! I'll load everything up. I was kinda waiting to see what was up with the mismatched files. But I guess everything is under control, or soon will be with that issue?

Sitting Duck, I'll take you up on your offer. Probably sometime saturday I'll have some free time. I'll try to make myself available when you have some time. I'll pm you later in the week... I hope to make it to the Sunday flight (I'm 3 hours behind CA, and 6 behind NY, and my sunday mornings are free, so hopefully I can be there).