Sign in to follow this  
DaniloE31

WoV Single Mission only starts at 1st January?

Hi Guys!

I'm pretty new to the Third Wire Combat simulation series, as I bought SFOP1 and then WoV just very few weeks ago.

Now there is an issue, which is really bothering me… and now after many hours spent in vain on the search in the Forum, I really have to ask you veterans:

When I try "Single Mission --> create a mission" in VoW, I can select whichever year I want, but I can't change the date, being fixed at 1st January!

Now that's not a big issue as long as you don't use the wonderful add-on terrain DBS Bering Strait by Mr. Wrench… in which case it simply means you will never ever see the sunlight in single mission :wink:

As with this game you can change virtually anything, I'm sure I'm missing something here… :dntknw:

Any suggestion?

Many thanks!

Danilo

There should be something wrong with your game, usually the random mission editor changes the day and month when you select other year, or mission...all randomically..

you also should try the KMD mission editor, there you can choose the day and month...

btw, Lusófono?

Hi Guys!

I'm pretty new to the Third Wire Combat simulation series, as I bought SFOP1 and then WoV just very few weeks ago.

Now there is an issue, which is really bothering me… and now after many hours spent in vain on the search in the Forum, I really have to ask you veterans:

When I try "Single Mission --> create a mission" in VoW, I can select whichever year I want, but I can't change the date, being fixed at 1st January!

Now that's not a big issue as long as you don't use the wonderful add-on terrain DBS Bering Strait by Mr. Wrench… in which case it simply means you will never ever see the sunlight in single mission :wink:

As with this game you can change virtually anything, I'm sure I'm missing something here… :dntknw:

Any suggestion?

Many thanks!

Danilo

I noticed that for a while with my WOE Oct '08 patch. I want to say that it eventually started switching the date around, but I can't remember. I have since switched to SF2E, which doesn't seem to have that problem.

I'm assuming you tried backing out of the game and restarting? Sometimes that seems to help.

Hmmm... it seems to be a not unusual problem then...

well, at least I know there is nothing wrong with me. Though still wondering why it seems to work on someone's PC.

you also should try the KMD mission editor, there you can choose the day and month...

I'm currently using Le Missionneur. Do you prefer the KDM?

Edited by DaniloE31

Hmmm... it seems to be a not unusual problem then...

well, at least I know there is nothing wrong with me. Though still wondering why it seems to work on someone's PC.

I'm currently using Le Missionneur. Do you prefer the KDM?

well, is your LM updated?

but the KMD is also good, you maybe choose change the editor to see if it changes anything

well, is your LM updated?

Ah ah... good point... well, now it is :biggrin:

Anyway this didn't change the behaviour of the Single Mission generator in game.

Whatever...

I've finally found a resolution.

I just virtually started a campaign "create campaign / accept" (never did it before till now) and then went back to single mission.

Now the calendar in the mission generator has also begun to run. So far I could play missions up to january 30th :yes:

I've finally found a resolution.

I just virtually started a campaign "create campaign / accept" (never did it before till now) and then went back to single mission.

Now the calendar in the mission generator has also begun to run. So far I could play missions up to january 30th :yes:

Bugger, you beat me to it. :biggrin: I was going to say I had that problem a couple of times too, but after starting a campaign it usually sorted itself out. I don't remember having issues with it in WOE or WOI, but I do remember having it in WOV. I haven't seen this problem for a while, could be that it's been patched out with the latest patch.

Dan, are you running this "from the box" or have you patched it up to the latest update?