Olham

OFF Forum Pilots Maps

Great idea Oldham :)

Stealth, yes 21st century.. the postal service use aeroplanes and everything ! :)

Great idea Oldham :)

Stealth, yes 21st century.. the postal service use aeroplanes and everything ! :)

The postal service is s**t.

Last month i sent a box to a friend who is living in London. The taxes were 50 Euros. The box didn't arrived. The postal service of my country says that the box is in UK. The postal service of UK says that the box is in my country.

BTW - I have worked as postman and i know the way the postal service works.

Postal service and regular mail is s**t.

Hm - seems there is "nix zu machen" with you. Once bitten twice shy.

I wish I could convince you - you don't know what you are missing, Stealth,

especially when you are into WW1 air combat.

Edited by Olham

LOL the postal service is like any other goverment institution, you get what you pay for. As for the Canadian mail service I find it to be great.

As for sending the thing for the map... to stupid to know how ....but I do live somewhere??

LOL the postal service is like any other goverment institution, you get what you pay for. As for the Canadian mail service I find it to be great.

As for sending the thing for the map... to stupid to know how ....but I do live somewhere??

My quess is you live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Olham take care of this man please. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rickitycrate

Map updated: 7/15/2009

Yes, it feels good to know, where everybody is, more or less. Perhaps we should have

Hasse Wind's location a little bit more exact?

Hah, that galaxy map is hilarious! Nice to see one of our OFFers lives on another planet. Playing OFF - an interstellar hobby. :biggrin:

Olham, I'm afraid your map is inadequate to correctly show my location. I currently live in Rovaniemi, way up in northern Finland. Rovaniemi should be familiar to some old Germans veterans, as tens of thousands of Wehrmacht troops were here in Lapland during the Second World War. I haven't been living here for long though, just a couple of years ago your current map would have shown enough Northern Europe for my location back then. And there's really no need to change your map for my sake only. Who knows when I move to another town if I get a better-paid job than I currently have. :yes:

Olham,

Nice work on the maps mate. I really enjoyed looking at where everyone is. Gives me a greater sense of community. :drinks:

Cheers!

Gives me a greater sense of community.

Yes, that's what it is - a great community. And that's why I made the maps -

it is otherwise just too difficult to imagine us as a whole OFF Planet.

And so I made the Europe map new, to have fellow pilot Hasse Wind in here, where he belongs.

Now, the Aussies and South Africans, and the South-Americans are still to do.

So, come up with your towns here.

Edited by Olham

"Steve, you may not be so aware of that, but Australia is to us Europeans like "one of us" - a neighbour,

who lives a bit further away, but we have so much in common with, so much a similar mentality."

We are well aware that many countries feel similar to yours Olham; as like the good ol' USA, we are a bit of a mixing pot of various nationalities...being such a young country and all. At the close of WW2, many people from many nations were encouraged to settle here, and helped us build a GREAT nation.

"If Olham won't add a separate map for you folks "down under" I most certainly will."

RAF_Louvert...what can I say. I'm touched.

Stealth33...umm, there's more than 16 players playing this sim. The map is for display purposes only, and for those regular users/members/visitors to this Forum, and only those who want to participate in this venture. Gees! He has only included two continents so far. Oh, and BTW, it took me 6 days to get a copy of OFF by post from USA to Australia. So get real, harden up, and go order a copy. I can assure you, you will never regret it.

Thanks for expanding the map, Olham. You're a jolly good fellow. (Or was that too much krumpet-speak for you, Kamerad?) :biggrin:

Those maps do indeed make it much easier to realize just how international this little community is.

Hey Dej,

If you wouldn't mind, take a look at my "From" line beneath my Avatar, and adjust your beautifull map accordingly. :wink: Good work by the way....quite concise.

Olham, excellent effort creating all of this.....much appreciated.

ZZ.

Ps. You can stick mine in VA whenever you get the time. A little place called Louisa. Pretty much dead center in the middle of the state.

Okay, now Australia is with us - hey, Pips and Steve Drew!

More will follow.

Herr Olham

Please add my spot onto the map. I am located in the Central Ohio USA. A little town called Circleville - Just 25 miles south of Columbus. Our claim to fame is that we host The Greatest Free Show on Earth "The Circleville Pumpkin Show" every October. Just follow this link http://www.pumpkinshow.com/ We have a competition for the largest pumpkin grown in the area. Last year the largest was well over 1350 lbs.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Hey Olham, you've got Uncleal in the wrong place. You're off at least a couple of hundred miles. Look where it says "Unc" on this map. You've got him up around Tallahassee!

Edited by Cameljockey

Hey Olham, you've got Uncleal in the wrong place. You're off at least a couple of hundred miles. Look where it says "Unc" on this map. You've got him up around Tallahassee!

Same here Brother Olham.. You got me in Connecticut... Drop me about 2 pixels south, and 10 east, right in the middle of Long Island, NY.

Just don't drop west.... that'll put me in that Toxic Waste dump called New Jersey... LOL!! :rolleyes: Just kidding.

PS... before I forget... This is great! Thanks for doing it. :good::good::good::good:

Hey Olham,

Great idea M8

Sorry, I haven't posted my address in the hometown thread

Tried abouit 6 times but all the pics just send my Notebook a crashin'

The wonderful world of Vista, eh :blink:

Appreciate it if you could add me too

Southington, CT

Western 1/3 of the state, 1/2 way North/South

Cheers,

Great idea, Olham- thanks for the time and effort-

log me in at Penticton, (British Columbia) Canada

on the south shore of Okanagan Lake, just a few kilometers north of the US/Can border.

CW

Update: 7/16/2009 10:23

Will check and do the rest this night.

Edited by Olham

I am not that frequent here lately Olham but I love your idea. Can you please put my name together with Gous in Athens?

Thanks!

Great job Olham.I am in Sydney Australia.It is probably on the map somewhere.

Update 7/16/2009 - Now we have Hawaii with us (and if anyone is in Alaska, I will add that , too).

I added two friends in Berlin, who don't post here, as their English is too bad.

But I could convince them to get OFF - BHaH, and they love it! So I thought, they belong here somehow.