Sign in to follow this  
Romflyer

show off your pit

The last little while I've had some time available to do some upgrades to my set-up, and it's turned out to be........well, Awesome!! :rolleyes: so I figured I really wanted to share(show off) what I've been making.

And extend an offer for other people show what their set-up (sim-pit) looks like.

So here's mine

post-39468-1247707541_thumb.jpg post-39468-1247707586_thumb.jpg

post-39468-1247707568_thumb.jpg

The last little while I've had some time available to do some upgrades to my set-up, and it's turned out to be........well, Awesome!! :rolleyes: so I figured I really wanted to share(show off) what I've been making.

And extend an offer for other people show what their set-up (sim-pit) looks like.

So here's mine

I'm very interested on where you get that stick bracket. Did you make it? Does it clamp on the desk?

Falcon

Ruggbutt, if you'd ever get bored by this pit, let me know :rofl:

Seriously, what Silverbolt said x2

you dont know how tempted I was to take a pic of my armpit, I think Ive shown remarkable restraint,,,,

I hear ya! A pic of my dumpster somehow doesn't cut it...It must be nice...sigh

I'm very interested on where you get that stick bracket. Did you make it? Does it clamp on the desk?

Falcon

It actually just kind of hangs off the edge of the desk on little rubber bumpers, and yes I made it.

Ruggbutt......very nice! :clapping:

What game is allowing you to bring up seperate veiws like that? (assuming those panels are functional)

The panels are 17" monitors with touchscreen overlays. I did the cockpit art myself (in photoshop) and all pertinent buttons and switches are animated and send commands to the game. Additionally, the RWR works (via LUA) as well as a payload screen and damage control panel. I can also pull up maps for the theaters I fly in as well as all the airbase diagrams for all the bases in theatre. Here's a couple shots of my artwork, I did them from scratch from line drawings and blueprints:

00.jpg

01a.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

03.jpg

I'm trying to get my head around how this works, so these are touch-screen monitors with some sort of (physical)overlay on the screen??or have you designed a graphic image that is displayed on the screen??either way, what program do you use to interface these commands(keystrokes) into the game?

I'm trying to get my head around how this works..............or have you designed a graphic image that is displayed on the screen??

It's actually graphics on the screen. For instance, you want to turn on your wingtip (anticollision) lights on your F-15. You go to the left panel and touch the switch for the anti-collision lights. The switch will move to the on position and send that command to the game. You want your gear up? Touch the gear lever at the bottom of the center panel and the switch moves to the up position and the gear light indicators go dark.

either way, what program do you use to interface these commands(keystrokes) into the game?

http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/

I saw a video several years ago that Zorlac, the creator of TouchBuddy put up on the Eagle Dynamics (Lock On) forums. He had some rudimentary graphics so I offered to do some to replace what he had. I don't think he originally planned to release the TouchBuddy software but after putting some art together he finally released it. Sometime later Wild Bill Kelso made a companion program that was basically a GUI for putting your own profiles together. It's a free program and all of the profiles for the different games are free as well. People are welcome to use the graphics that others put together as long as they give credit to the original artist(s). The best thing about the program is that you can still use it even if you don't have a touchscreen. You can use your mouse and cursor instead, kind of like a poor man's clickable cockpit.

If you look at my pictures above, you'll see what look like "tabs" at the bottom of each one, labeled LFT/CTR/RT/etc. You touch (or mouseclick) on each of those to switch to a different "page" in the profile. There are profiles for driving games, F4AF, LOMAC/Flaming Cliffs, IL2, Orbiter and many others. Stop by and sign up an account. If you have two monitors then you'll love TouchBuddy. And it's free!

Ruggbutt

So is touch buddy game specific, or does it emulate keyboard commands which would allow it to be used for any program?

Cheers

Rom

Ruggbutt

So is touch buddy game specific, or does it emulate keyboard commands which would allow it to be used for any program?

Cheers

Rom

It can be used for most games. There are some that it doesn't work with unless you're using it in client/server mode. Has something do to with allowing the game to give up "focus".

you dont know how tempted I was to take a pic of my armpit, I think Ive shown remarkable restraint,,,,

You should of done it, I would of laughed my ass off. I mean the title said, show your pit. You would of been merely complying.

Nice job on that custom flight stick platform you made there. Great design and it looks like you've got some router skills. Gives me some ideas to chew on. :good:

Nice job on that custom flight stick platform you made there. Great design and it looks like you've got some router skills. Gives me some ideas to chew on. :good:

Thanks, I am pretty happy with it, not only the way it looks, but it works well too. You can touch almost any peice of wood with a router and voila! it looks good :ok:

One thing that I really liked about it is the front cover with labels on it so you can keep track of your key mappings, and that cover is reversable so I have one game on the front and another on the other side.

Edited by romflyer

I know this is an old post but it seemed like the best place to show off my lastest contraption

post-39468-042148800 1297104809.jpg

post-39468-049140300 1297104872.jpg

Edited by romflyer

Couldnt fit this one in

post-39468-095400700 1297105444.jpg

Edited by romflyer

Being out of work for two years, this is the only Pit I can afford :lmao:

post-11906-056310300 1297110618.jpg

What about your armpit? That's free!

True,,but I didnt want to post a pic theat could gross people out LOL :shok: