Sign in to follow this  
Winder

Just a heads up on Patches...

There has been some questions in this forum and in support about patches and order of application etc and to avoid any confusion we will be reconciling the main OFF patch 1.30 and the two mini patches into one V1.32 Patch over the next week or so - no promises as to release date.

Note 1.32 will include a few improvements too:

1) Environmental Sound Fix.

2) XDP/DM rationalisation

3) Auto and Manual Online/Offline craft config management to ensure online connectivity - I am amending some features after some feedback from the MP guys now and then it will be made available as part of the V1.32 patch.

4) Miscellaneous craft fixes eg Spad stall speed, Se5a loadout locations etc etc.

A full list will be made at the time of release.

WM

When I have the latest mini patch already installed - should I still install it on top?

There has been some questions in this forum and in support about patches and order of application etc and to avoid any confusion we will be reconciling the main OFF patch 1.30 and the two mini patches into one V1.32 Patch over the next week or so - no promises as to release date.

Note 1.32 will include a few improvements too:

1) Environmental Sound Fix.

2) XDP/DM rationalisation

3) Auto and Manual Online/Offline craft config management to ensure online connectivity - I am amending some features after some feedback from the MP guys now and then it will be made available as part of the V1.32 patch.

4) Miscellaneous craft fixes eg Spad stall speed, Se5a loadout locations etc etc.

A full list will be made at the time of release.

WM

Very nice, thanks for the good news. I'm curious, what is XDP/DM rationalisation?

When I have the latest mini patch already installed - should I still install it on top?

It will be installable onto any version of OFF and will take it up to V 1.32.

Given that it will have more content than just a reconciliation of existing patches - yes you should install it!!

Reconciliation of DM means the we are no longer supporting multiple DM pack options for download as its a lot of work but will be rationalising the optional DMs into one DM (in V1.32) with improvements.

HTH

WM

Excellent! It's never a simple 'fix' with you guys, is it. Always something extra. Customer service sans pareil.

It will be installable onto any version of OFF and will take it up to V 1.32.

Given that it will have more content than just a reconciliation of existing patches - yes you should install it!!

Reconciliation of DM means the we are no longer supporting multiple DM pack options for download as its a lot of work but will be rationalising the optional DMs into one DM (in V1.32) with improvements.

HTH

WM

That sounds good, too. I wonder if potential customers look at patch web-pages and are intimidated by the variety of patches. Yeah, I know, we hard-core don't care. :yes: But this sim is so good I'd like to see more newb's try it!

I know I was slowed down for awhile by the whole, 'you need to have another sim (MSFCS3)' to install it, but you folks have made that so ridiculously easy it's not even near being an issue anymore.

HTH

WM

Will the single DM contain the work of PW and others who modified the Hardcore DM so show more damage effects? I've been using that optional 3rd party DM and it really is fantastic.

Great idea on patch consolidation with a few enhancements. I might just try the Spad again once it has a lower stall speed. Top notch work as always fellows.

Hellshade

This is one of the things that is so nice about OFF and OBD--the ability to modify certain files to your liking AND the encouragement, support, and assistance that OBD gives to people like myself and Fortiesboy who like to fool around with the "vanilla" game.

In turn, this has led to the two "standard" DMs, as well as my IDM and Fortiesboy's DM. Most stick to one of the two standard DMs, while others like either my IDM or Fortiesboy's DM. Whatever your preferences or playing style, there is a DM model for you! OFF gives players that flexibility.

So, I would just like to say, thanks again OBD!

Will the single DM contain the work of PW and others who modified the Hardcore DM so show more damage effects? I've been using that optional 3rd party DM and it really is fantastic.

Great idea on patch consolidation with a few enhancements. I might just try the Spad again once it has a lower stall speed. Top notch work as always fellows.

Hellshade

yes, i would really like to see that damage model included too...

I do like the flurry of update activity of late. Great work guys and thanks for the great continued support!

Wonderful support, as always! I'm especially looking forward to the Spad fixes. Should make flying those bricks more enjoyable... :good:

WINDER - one thing I recently read here, could perhaps be changed, if it was right:

Someone wrote, the Albatros had a pressurised fuel supply to the engine, and therefor

would not stutter at head down or headover manoeuvers?

If that was true, I would appreciate that correction very much, cause I have to fly her

in a war here (Lol!)

WINDER - one thing I recently read here, could perhaps be changed, if it was right:

Someone wrote, the Albatros had a pressurised fuel supply to the engine, and therefor

If that was true, I would appreciate that correction very much, cause I have to fly her

in a war here (Lol!)

Hello - we will look into this no problem.

Guys thanks - we have had a good surge of sales since ROF released and you can imagine we are well pleased with that ,so yep we will continue with greater energy I believe.

We have a lot of good things in the pipeline that are/ have been in development for P4.

Payware Aircraft Packs will be announced soon too as well as some Terrain and Scenery upgrade packs that we are deciding on currently.

Best

WM

This seems like a good place to ask this question.

The armament of the B.E.2c seems a bit odd to me. All the historical data I have read about this aircraft show the observer having a swivel mounted Lewis yet ingame is a fixed Lewis that fires through the prop. Can that be right? Was there a Lewis guy synchronized to fire through the prop like that? Certainly this is the only one of its kind in OFF.

Thanks and thank you especially for all the extra effort put into these patches!

-mark

This seems like a good place to ask this question.

The armament of the B.E.2c seems a bit odd to me. All the historical data I have read about this aircraft show the observer having a swivel mounted Lewis yet ingame is a fixed Lewis that fires through the prop. Can that be right? Was there a Lewis guy synchronized to fire through the prop like that? Certainly this is the only one of its kind in OFF.

Thanks and thank you especially for all the extra effort put into these patches!

-mark

Many many variations on load-out especially gun mountings - with the BE I modeled but one variant...

WM

Many many variations on load-out especially gun mountings - with the BE I modeled but one variant...

WM

Understood. Thanks Winder.

So, there was indeed a Lewis gun that was synchronized to fire through the prop? I did not know that. I thought the Vickers was the only one. Interesting.

The damage model is already there on the craft - the visible fractures on wings when they break, the bullet holes on radiators, wings, fuselage etc, the damage decals already there and show.

We made them and put them there to show.

What FB and Herr Prop Wasche have done is concentrated reducing the values on certain parts like wings etc, but whilst trying to keep the AI flying a little bit longer so that damage actually shows easier, more often. So you actually get to see some of the good stuff more easily basically.

In testing versus a novice in a turkeyshoot type mission you will see a lot more of damage even in the original DM, but often you are against tougher more nimble opponents so hard to get that kaboom effect.

The break points we also played with many times before, and have a DM tool to do edits like this globally quickly for the purpose of testing.

However as the guys have they think good results we are looking at a combination of settings including revisiting the break points values plus give us the chance to add other effects in at some stage.

in a war here (Lol!)

Even if the fuel is pressurized in such a way to be fed when inverted or pulling negative g's, the engine probably would be starved of oil very quickly and could only sustain that for a few seconds. But certainly within those few seconds it wouldnt hurt the engine and having a continuously fed engine with fuel would indeed be an advantage.

What sort of ideas for a scenery pack are there???

This is one of the things that is so nice about OFF and OBD--the ability to modify certain files to your liking AND the encouragement, support, and assistance that OBD gives to people like myself and Fortiesboy who like to fool around with the "vanilla" game.

In turn, this has led to the two "standard" DMs, as well as my IDM and Fortiesboy's DM. Most stick to one of the two standard DMs, while others like either my IDM or Fortiesboy's DM. Whatever your preferences or playing style, there is a DM model for you! OFF gives players that flexibility.

So, I would just like to say, thanks again OBD!

I've been off line for a day or so - I'd just like to second this and say Thank you, too.

Thanks guys for your continuing energy and support, looking forward to the new goodies when they are ready. Glad to hear about the boost to sales too.

Guys thanks - we have had a good surge of sales since ROF released...

How very nice! Do you attribute this simply to increased awareness of WWI sims, or 'buyers remorse'? Or perhaps just an insatiable lust for more planes?

Edited by Hauksbee

How very nice! Do you attribute this simply to increased awareness of WWI sims, or 'buyers remorse'? Or perhaps just an insatiable lust for more planes?

Just a guess, but probably all three. Neoqb did a LOT of advertising and got a lot of coverage which did increase awarness of this era of flight. A number of people were not satisfied at the time of release with what they got (and I know Neoqb is working hard to change that). And doesn't everybody always want more of whatever type of game they enjoy? I'm just glad OBD is finally starting to get more of the word of mouth recognition that it deserves, which is obviously translating into sales. Hopefully somebody in the press will start to pick up on that and give this little gem the kind of national coverage it warrents. I'd still love to see a OFF on the cover of PC Gamer. The game is deep enough and polished enough that it has earned it.

Hellshade

I have the suspicion, that the writers at gamer mags are often lazy bums, who are just waiting

to get flattered by the companies, get the sim plus godknowswhat for free and their pleasure.

If a sim is made the untypical way, with not much money behind it, and no big advertising, they

don't even seem to notice it - which would be exactly what I expected of them: to be shown the

treasures, that I wouldn't find so easily myself.

Edited by Olham

Payware Aircraft Packs will be announced soon too as well as some Terrain and Scenery upgrade packs that we are deciding on currently.

Winder and Pol

I hope the Scenery Upgrade Paks include Railroad Mainline Tracks with long supply trains to run up and down on them. I miss attacking the moving locomotives and boxcars and flatcars loaded with equipment and supplies that give gigantic secondary explosions.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01