Sign in to follow this  
331Killerbee

Walter Cronkite passes at Age 92

I remember too well the sound of the teletype in the background and hearing CBS's Evening News at dinner time. As I got older and had my own TV Walter Cronkite was who I would watch for the news. Sad to realize that until I was 21 he was the only constant on TV and that everyone after him will never be in his league. He actually rode in the back seat of a B-57 in Viet Nam on a combat mission camera in hand. I saw that footage first on the CBS Evening News in glorious Black and White and later on a VHS documentary about Viet Nam. He was embedded before the term was coined.

RIP

I knew something big had happened when CBS interrupted a show for a special report, that just never happens anymore. Probably the finest journalist who's ever lived (or will ever). The saddest part is he won't get even a fraction of the honors and coverage michael jackson got, despite being orders of magnitude more deserving than jacko ever was.

RIP

I knew something big had happened when CBS interrupted a show for a special report, that just never happens anymore. Probably the finest journalist who's ever lived (or will ever). The saddest part is he won't get even a fraction of the honors and coverage michael jackson got, despite being orders of magnitude more deserving than jacko ever was.

RIP

Michael Who? or was that What?

I grew up on his voice "and that's the way it is..." the late 60's and early 70's were some crazy times in this country and he was right there RIP Mr. Cronkite.